As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Goldman Sacs

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Goldman Sacs

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    awww Old gabe is so cute

• ORob15ORob15 Registered User new member
    This comic terrifies me.

• DrZettDrZett Registered User regular
    I can't wait for the days when my grandchildren can sleep soundly in a gelatinous cube.

Those who do not understand their opponent's arguments do not understand their own.
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    That second panel looks very Kris Straub to me. I approve.

• PlasmSpasmPlasmSpasm Registered User new member
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why people were so against the Matrix. I'm absolutely certain that people would pay a monthly fee to be apart of it.

• InsomniacFurryInsomniacFurry Registered User new member
    Given a choice between the real world, even now, and the matrix, I for one would gladly submit to our new robot overlords.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    isn't...isn't the point of the matrix to be indistinguishable from the real world

• AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    Well that was spooky

• FlailingElbowsFlailingElbows Registered User regular
    Very strange placement of the word bubbles in the third panel. At first it felt like Old Gabe was the one now arguing against his own suggestion from the second panel.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    I thought the same thing on the 3rd panel. Otherwise, a fantastic comic.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm going to be exclaiming "With no haptics? And no corticals?" in incredulous amazement a lot in response to random mundane suggestions people make now.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Old Gabe is the best Gabe!

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    You know I've been watching OSW review videos they basically do reviews of wrestling pay per views. They did one of one of the more recent shows.

It had Bret Hart. And Kevin Nash. And Holy Fucking Shit. I hadn't seen much wrestling since 2001.

It was one of those moments you truly realize how much older you've gotten and how much closer to passing away.

I want my youth back!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    PlasmSpasm wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why people were so against the Matrix. I'm absolutely certain that people would pay a monthly fee to be apart of it.
    Given a choice between the real world, even now, and the matrix, I for one would gladly submit to our new robot overlords.
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    isn't...isn't the point of the matrix to be indistinguishable from the real world

The problem, @Dhalphir, is that they're assuming an idealized, holodeck-fantasy-playground matrix, but going by the film canon, you're correct; it's explicitly said that people rejected the first iteration that tried to be that, so they created the hyper-realism imperfect world matrix to keep people from second-guessing the reality. For me personally, I'd happily inhabit the ideallic matrix.
    Very strange placement of the word bubbles in the third panel. At first it felt like Old Gabe was the one now arguing against his own suggestion from the second panel.
    Linktm wrote: »
    I thought the same thing on the 3rd panel. Otherwise, a fantastic comic.

Eh, kind of? I can see why you'd feel that way, but the different characters' word balloons are differently colored, and it's consistent throughout the comic so I had no trouble reading it correctly.
    Kagera wrote: »
    You know I've been watching OSW review videos they basically do reviews of wrestling pay per views. They did one of one of the more recent shows.

It had Bret Hart. And Kevin Nash. And Holy Fucking Shit. I hadn't seen much wrestling since 2001.

It was one of those moments you truly realize how much older you've gotten and how much closer to passing away.

I want my youth back!

For me it was the announcement of the 20-year anniversary of Pokemon. I was in junior high when that came out!

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Compare this vision of the future from ten years ago.

215535643_g64kw-1050x10000.jpg

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well Gabe is older in this comic, so first we fuse with machines, and then there is some kind of bio machinery that comes along, possibly we are enslaved by.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    ORob15 wrote: »
    This comic terrifies me.

It looks ideal to me.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Ell Oh Ell, look at those early adopters in the middle panel there. :D Early adopters always look a bit silly.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • jsp69jsp69 Registered User new member
    So even in the future technology is still not backwards compatible. Sheesh.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

The underlying issue was that the humans weren't given the *choice*.
    Let us know that the matrix is a fake world. Let us know what awaits us out in the real world. But give us the choice of which one to pick.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    this webcomic is everything

• GrassHopperGrassHopper Registered User regular
    PlasmSpasm wrote: »

That worked out real well for Goldman Sachs...

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I take it old Gabe hasn't checked out the night life on Cissalda. He'd forget all about his VR troubles then.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular

In the Matrix, if you're good you get steaks. Often untrue in our inferior universe.

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I can't believe mentioned the hair in this one! Old Gabe has a few strands left on top, but they still take the shape we are familiar with. Young Gabe has his fathers hair, but it is much smaller and subdued. Really nice touches.

• DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular

In the Matrix, if you're good you get steaks. Often untrue in our inferior universe.

Nah, if you're ruthless and oblivious to the concerns of others, you generally get steaks in both worlds. Proof you say? I'm reverse-searing a late night snack ribeye right now. I'm not even that hungry, it's just because I can, and I don't like my trashcan to be completely empty...

• SpaceBadgerSpaceBadger Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Wow, look at the color of those neuricles. Gabe.0 really needs to spend a couple of shir's nypharium-cycles in an A-monitored rejuvi-vath!

SpaceBadger on