As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[2016 Challenge Coin Thread] See you all next year!

• RappakRappak Registered User regular
    Crap. I forgot about this. I'll get two colored ones. I'll order after work if that's still possible.

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    At the moment that shouldn't be a problem, I intend to keep updating the coin tally as I notice orders.
    And once we hit 0 coins, all further orders will go towards a second run of coins that will be placed the day after East ends. Which also means that's the time to advertise the hell out of them so that the second run isn't like 6 coins.

• abdoooooabdooooo Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Oh, hey, ETA: Coins should get to Kiddercorp monday afternoon, and shipping should then start tuesday.

This may have been answered already so forgive me...

Will the coins be shipped to you or to each individual that ordered? Thanks!!

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    will we get a tracking number or something like that for these

abdooooo wrote: »
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Oh, hey, ETA: Coins should get to Kiddercorp monday afternoon, and shipping should then start tuesday.

This may have been answered already so forgive me...

Will the coins be shipped to you or to each individual that ordered? Thanks!!

Each individual, it would be monumentally stupid to ship the coins to Canada to then ship them mostly back to the US.
    rascrush wrote: »

I have no idea!

do they get shipped away right after we order them

The ETA was for the coins to arrive at Kiddercorp on Monday, and shipping to have started yesterday, I just sent them an email asking if the coins actually made it to them.

edited April 2016
    Coins are shipping Today.
    Also 2 Regular, 1 Color left.

SutibunRi on
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »

For South, I got an e-mail saying my coins were on the way to me (I was the organizer)...but I don't think anyone else did.

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited April 2016
    And the initial run of coins is now sold out!
    Any new orders received Between Now and 11:59pm Eastern time on April 25th. and will be part of a second print run that will probably only ship out ~1 month after East, because I won't ask for another Rush during their busy season.

SutibunRi on
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Got my shipping notice

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Jubes2681Jubes2681 Registered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    Got my shipping notice

What sort of notification did you get? Through UPS or some other shipping service?

edited April 2016
    email from Martin and Alex Kidder (Kiddercorp) with a tracking number .. linked to Stamps.com (USPS)

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    I didn't get any emails yet but am hopeful!

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    email from Martin and Alex Kidder (Kiddercorp) with a tracking number .. linked to Stamps.com (USPS)

Yea I haven't gotten any notifications or tracking yet either, but maybe they ship in waves?

5fhxvn385q28.png
    Spreadsheet with everyones info was updated in the way they said they'd update it to show which orders were packed/shipped yesterday evening.
    So, everything should be on the way.. or awaiting pickup by USPS.

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I got my coins in today and they look amazing! I really love the shell over the colored one. Thanks for setting this up, @SutibunRi! You da real MVP!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/ht/4do0mp01nj3a.jpg

zerzhul on
    PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
    I got my coins in today and they look amazing! I really love the shell over the colored one. Thanks for setting this up, @SutibunRi! You da real MVP!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/ht/4do0mp01nj3a.jpg

Did you receive a conformation email or tracking or anything before the coins came? I'm hoping to have my soon too, but never got a confirmation email.

5fhxvn385q28.png
    edited April 2016
    I got an email but live in Canada and they seemed to originate in Canton, CT ... aside from the original pickup there have been no updates since Wednesday. I figure they will arrive after we have left for Boston unless they come Monday which I doubt.

UPDATED: They made it to New York .... no border invasion yet

aBByNormaL on
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    I haven't heard a peep either, and I'd like them to arrive on Tuesday or sooner or most of them will need to be mailed out by me to my friends after PAX :( They look beautiful though and are worth the wait.

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'm not a fan of the lack of detail on the plain coin's claw side. The first picture my fiance sent me (I'm at work) I actually thought there wasn't any detail to the prizes at all. Otherwise they look nice.

Added: the low relief works great for the color coin, I'm surprised by how much I like it. I don't think it translated well on the plain coin.

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
    I actually ended getting mine today, just got the mail. So if you're around Buffalo NY you should be too.

And I agree ironysparkles, not quite as impressed with the plain than as the colored. I ended up getting both and I'm glad.

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Got my coin in South Carolina, looks amazing!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I got an email but live in Canada and they seemed to originate in Canton, CT ... aside from the original pickup there have been no updates since Wednesday. I figure they will arrive after we have left for Boston unless they come Monday which I doubt.

UPDATED: They made it to New York .... no border invasion yet
    New York you say?
    *slinks away to front door*

TopherRocks on
  • videohead118videohead118 Buffalo,NYRegistered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »
    I actually ended getting mine today, just got the mail. So if you're around Buffalo NY you should be too.

And I agree ironysparkles, not quite as impressed with the plain than as the colored. I ended up getting both and I'm glad.

Haha, I'm in Buffalo too and I can see the mail truck down my street! Can't wait.

fi7sb7594b2d.png
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    *returns from front door*
    Mine came in! Pardon the trainwreck of a table.
    y8pVbIj.jpg?1

TopherRocks on
    Sad to hear that the Low Relief didn't translate so well to the uncolored coins :(
    I'll make sure not to repeat that in the future.

Minimum order size for another run of coins is 25 coins.

If anyone who has their coins can get me a more in focus picture of the color coin than Tap Master Cs picture, I'd appreciate it.
    Then I can send a tweet out to the Official Pax twitter feed with pictures and the ordering link.

Received all ten of mine, look great!

• videohead118videohead118 Buffalo,NYRegistered User regular
    @SutibunRi Are these pics good? I love them by the way.. even better than I imagined they'd come out! http://imgur.com/a/df5GR

fi7sb7594b2d.png
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Got mine in Boston...

The quality is fantastic. Kiddercorp does a fantastic job in not only quality but speed.

Was not expecting the coating over the color coin though. Not an issue but its a little different.

@SutibunRi 1,000,000,000 thanks for doing all the work on getting these made, printed and ordered. Awesome job. It was a lot of fun being a part of this process.

Look for me @PAX so I can give you a proper thanks. I'll be in Fallout Vault Dweller Cosplay all weekend. I'll give you (and anyone else here) a few caps in return for the wonderful job you have done (seriously I have like 250 Nuka Cola caps I plan on randomly handing out to people at PAX)

So .. the theme for PAX 2017???

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • TheGameGuruTheGameGuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Wow they look great based on the pics! Haven't received mine yet, hopefully tomorrow. Can't wait to distribute them to my buddies.

Just gonna throw this out there one more time... does anybody have a spare 2014 East? *fingerscrossed*

Also a big shoutout to @SutibunRi for putting this together!

TheGameGuru on
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Was not expecting the coating over the color coin though. Not an issue but its a little different.

So .. the theme for PAX 2017???

The coating was just going to be over the side that had color, to protect the paint, but I asked them to put it on both sides, I loved the way the clear coat made some of the sample coins I received last year look.

Well.. we have a year to figure out how to make VR look sexy on a coin. With the current Vive and Rift delivery issues, 2017 seems more likely to be the year of VR. :hydra:
    Just gonna throw this out there one more time... does anybody have a spare 2014 East? *fingerscrossed*
    Phoenix Challenge Coins apparently have 24 of the 2014 coins left, but they're $25
    phoenixchallengecoins.com/shop/pax-community-east-conference-boston-2014-challenge-coin/
    @TheGameGuru

• Jubes2681Jubes2681 Registered User regular
    Mine arrived and they came out awesome! I got both the color and non-color, and I really like how they're each distinct. I really like the filled in sides for the color coin - adds a cool bit of depth to the Fenway side.

• nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Mine came in and looks awesome. Anybody know where I can find the 2011 and 2013 coin? I would really love them to complete my set. I see the 2012 on the Phoenix site that I will probably order next week.

50skuu36qc1d.jpg

nomisro on
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten any notification on my coins yet. Haven't seen anything in the mail either.

For the record, I had zero notice on my coins, They just showed up.

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Received my coins today...well...yesterday now :) They look fantastic. I'm more partial to the color coins because you can clearly see the toys in the claw machine vice starring at the regular coin to see what's what. The clear coating on the stadium side gives it more clarity and depth. Awesome job SutibunRi !!!

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any notification on my coins yet. Haven't seen anything in the mail either.

Mine just show up. no email or confirmation that it was mailed out. I love surprises :)

have not recieved my coin or email and I am in maine

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So far I think only @aBByNormaL received the email :) The package does have a tracking number though so not sure why they pay for that when they not really relaying it to their customers.

They are shipping it First Class in a white plastic bubble wrap mailer (at least for me). It took 3 days to get to me. So I think most of the coins should be delivered by Monday the latest.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png