As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    In the somewhat likely event that spam post and Geth response disappear, can we just take a moment to savor how wonderful that first sentence is?
    "Happy Wheels is an amazing game that have the great sound effects and graphics that developed and created by professionals."
    Guys, the graphics and professionals created each other. How amazing is that?

Races last night were good. Astons go fast on straights. Not so much in corners. The world is shocked and amazed at this development. :P

• CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    My mind does not compute oval tracks.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Kestrel1 when looking at the front of it why is there extra space for those side roll bars? Is that where you put a tiny side car?

Edit:...wait why is the entire body shifted to the side?

Oval track?

Exactly. Quarter midget cars run counter-clockwise on 1/20th of a mile oval tracks, both flat and banked. As such, having the driver and weight off to the left hand side make the car more stable and easier to handle. In addition, you'll notice the wheels and tires on the right are larger than the ones on the left (6" wheels vs 5", 33-34.5" circumference tires vs. 31-32") which have the added effect of making the car want to turn left.

As to the sidecar, if the rules allowed it, my daughter would probably be up for riding along and would fit nicely inside the nerf bars.

What do you know... I know something about racing.... Counter clockwise.. hum.. you always turn left?

I can't think of it, or find YouTube, but I think there is a commercial where a NASCAR driver goes around a neighborhood always going left. I want to say it is a green car, but I could be wrong.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    So, I haven't had a ton of time to play virtual cars with you guys lately because I've been playing with real cars with my kid. We got his car back from the vinyl shop just in time for it to make its on-track debut this weekend. Thought you might like to see it.

e3eyehkl.jpg
    m950xy0l.jpg
    Q9CTtYll.jpg

You'll see I managed to finally find a use for the stickers that came with Forza Motorsport 6.

If you want to keep up with our racing adventures, you can find us at www.gpdracing.com

what, no waifus? Literally undrivable

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    acidlacedpenguin on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    That may be the longest non-assisted jump in Forza history. A++

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Does that thing have any aero? I'm going to go with no.

The wheel turn mid air is priceless.

CommunistCow on
    it does have aero but its torque defeats that aero

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    For another view of the I.F.C. (Identified Flying Cyclone):
    https://youtu.be/QbQOayZnGUk

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    For another view of the I.F.C. (Identified Flying Cyclone):
    https://youtu.be/QbQOayZnGUk

Ahahaha, I think that thing is trying to escape earth's orbit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Like ... it just stops being affected by gravity and travels parallel to the ground.
    Also, am I the only one who saw the white car hitting Eclibull and was like, "I will bet real money that is Michael"? :P

Like ... it just stops being affected by gravity and travels parallel to the ground.
    Also, am I the only one who saw the white car hitting Eclibull and was like, "I will bet real money that is Michael"? :P

I like how the distance meter shows him at 16 Feet away while he was in contact with my car.

Also, late but Updated SBC Results.
    Top four are pretty close going into the final week (including Team GT-R member acid!). I appear to have been the recipient of Most Long Beached this season, considering that, while it was dirty (due to draft), I had the best lap until the final lap where I clipped a wall and fell from a close 4th to 9th as I limped over the line.

edited April 2016
    I like how I'm in the running solely because everything is on fire for everyone forever... and inadvertently cheating every cheatable corner... and I have an S class car in an A class race.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Stupid internets. It's great 99% of the time, but I think that was the third time something happened on a cup night just in Forza 6.

Please, call me ebo.
    I think the funniest thing you can see from my perspective in that video is that the syclone leaves the planet like 10 feet before the hill even crests.

Who tried to pass off footage of us in R class as a real race?

Anyway: SBC Season 3 Results! Congrats Ebo!
    *Makes note to invest in bigger buckets*
    Though really, it still ended up close enough points wise that I don't feel it was horribly unbalanced with the bucket plan. In a perfect world, with time for actual per-race qualifying, I'd probably be agreeable to trying the per-race bucket, it just doesn't work out time wise unless we aim for shorter races.

He was 5 points up on second, and missed a race completely, and this is close to you? :P

He was 5 points up on second, and missed a race completely, and this is close to you? :P

Much like an Audi LMS driver or acid in a Syclone, I am trying to spin this thing!

And find ways to nerf Ebo that isn't him sitting in a literal go-kart.

I was this close to winning the series.

Basticle wrote: »
    You should come back and race with us, @Basticle.
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Thanks, Eclibull! :biggrin:
    I managed to avoid any major accidents. That has to account for like half my points!

Please, call me ebo.
    I'm definitely out for racing this Thursday as it is the anniversary of Annabelle.
    :(

That's fine. Several of us won't be at our houses because of PAX.

I just bought Rocket League for the PC too because all the people I know play it on PC.

So which ones of youzes has it on PC?

I'm just happy that I podium'd in a lemon

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I just bought Rocket League for the PC too because all the people I know play it on PC.

So which ones of youzes has it on PC?

It's on sale this weekend so I will once I get around to paying for it.

Which is now, I guess.

Bear is Driving on
    With PAX behind us (I almost said "in the rearview mirror" and then mostly booed myself out of it), time to talk about our next series plans. It will be a mini-series, so expect it to only last 2 weeks. This is mostly because it's a gimmicky one (or a returning set up, to be exact). If things work out, we can extend this or talk about doing the set-up with different cars for a longer series. So, without further ado:

SBC Mini-Series: The Return Of Multi-Class Racing: Stingrays

S Class:
    Car:
    2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z06
    PI: 800
    Required Parts:
    Race Tires
    Race Brakes
    Race Aero (front and back)
    Race Rollcage

C Class:
    Car: 1967 Chevrolet Corvette C2 Stingray 427
    PI: 500
    Required Parts:None

Banned Parts (both classes):
    Engine Swaps

Schedule: Track list TBA. Series will start a week from this Thursday (to give time for the PAXers to settle/recover).

How It Will Work: Build both cars. We'll do our normal Qualifications at the start of the race night in our S class cars. The top half of the finishers in Quali will compete in Race 1 of the night in the S Class Stingrays, the bottom half in the C Class ones. For Race 2 everyone will switch classes. Uneven numbers for turnout will be split by common sense. For those that care, I will be keeping track of results/scores, mostly since this is a test ground for the idea of doing a full series with this kind of setup, so each class will be scored separately in each class (so, 10 points for 1st in each class each race, etc.).

Welp, S class Cows will murder C class Novah

pretty sure they're watching us on thursdays now...

So he just finished 1st....awesome.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    BTW, not sure if this was brought up earlier and I just missed it...

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (the Windows 10 F2P Forza game) is having an open beta starting May 5th. Also, the system requirements/recommendations have been released:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM6_Apex_Beta_Announce

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited April 2016
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    BTW, not sure if this was brought up earlier and I just missed it...

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (the Windows 10 F2P Forza game) is having an open beta starting May 5th. Also, the system requirements/recommendations have been released:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM6_Apex_Beta_Announce

Nvidia needs to release their new cards already :/

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited April 2016
    I do like how they list the 980ti as their card of choice for 4k@60fps. For 4k resolutions at that frame-rate, that's not too bad (assuming that's a rock solid 60fps).

EDIT - but yes, if you've been holding off on upgrading your video card for Pascal...yes, they do need to come out already.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited April 2016
    I had 2x GTX 670s which were fine, but one of them got exploded when my motherboard ate itself over the summer. Didn't have the money at the time to upgrade to a 980 Ti since I had to replace half the PC, and by now I'd rather just wait for Pascal. I hate spending top end money on midrange cards pre-Ti as I know the 1080 will be, but a single GTX 670 is real rough business these days even at only 1920x1200.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I had 2x GTX 670s which were fine, but one of them got exploded when my motherboard ate itself over the summer. Didn't have the money at the time to upgrade to a 980 Ti since I had to replace half the PC, and by now I'd rather just wait for Pascal. I hate spending top end money on midrange cards pre-Ti as I know the 1080 will be, but a single GTX 670 is real rough business these days even at only 1920x1200.

That I will absolutely agree with. If you'd rather wait out to hear about performance on configurations closer to your computer, I have a secondary computer that I could test things out on (i7-2600k, 16gb DDR3-1600, geforce 670, 2048x1152 monitor).

That moment you realize Sonoma must still be referenced in the game as Infinieon in some places, as it winds up between Indy and Laguna Seca on the rivals maps. :P

Please, call me ebo.
    edited May 2016
    Considering the state of the roads, how much work would have had to be done to make them Not Kill Everyone and how much construction is going on in that area that would have interfered/torn up said work, I'm not tremendously surprised they cancelled that.

Track list/Schedule for the Stingray Miniseries:
    WEEK 1: Thursday May 5th
    RACE 1: Road Atlanta
    RACE 2: Watkins Glen
    WEEK 2: Thursday May 12th
    RACE 3: Hockenheim National
    RACE 4: Spa

The aim was tracks with passing opportunities that are least likely to murder an entire pack, while not being so short as to increase wreck-likelihood.

EDIT: Oh, and heads up for this week, there is a system update out, so plan accordingly.

Bloodsheed on