As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Using a DI-604 Router with Cable.

StormwatcherStormwatcher BleghBlughRegistered User regular
So, guys, I have a DI-604 "dsl" Router, but now I switched to a cable provider, for various non-technical reasons. I wanna keep using the router, as I have two XP machines plugged in it.

I tried going into the WAN page of the router config, and set it to "dynamic IP", as it says it's for cable modems. But no dice, it kept trying to contact the cable DHCP without results.

What should I do?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
camo_sig2.png
Stormwatcher on

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Release/renew DHCP. Make sure that your router is cloning the correct MAC.

If that doesn't work, reset the router to factory defaults, go through the unplug/replug everything process, and run through the setup wizard in the router config.

I used this router for 1-2-3...several years (until this week when I had to go wireless for the Wii), and one of these fixes always solved the problem.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, thanks.
    Which MAC should it clone?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I just had to click "clone MAC Address"

it's working now, thanks a lot!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SnowconeSnowcone Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, thanks.
    Which MAC should it clone?

The IP of the machine that was connected to the DSL when they did the initial install. Typically that machine's MAC address is registered with the connection.

Snowcone on