As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Finished Conquest!

I lied, instead of taking a break I'm totally downloading Revelation right now. That's like the opposite of a break

I'll try and take my time with it though. I haven't played any of the non-grinding DLC, and haven't gotten as many of the support convos on either side as I would like. Probably gonna be a loooooot of side tracking. I shudder to think what my final play time on this is gonna be

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    We should form a support group where the big thing we do is share our 3DS-tracked total playtimes for Fates

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    We should form a support group where the big thing we do is share our 3DS-tracked total playtimes for Fates

Probably going to be less than Awakening for me.

350, there.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    It is almost unfair what a better treatment Leo is given by the writers in both Conquest/Birthright over the other royals!

But don't worry, in Revs pretty much everyone is given equal treatment - i.e. none at all. :P

• Options
    Aww, that's too bad about the characterizatio! Although hopefully there's less Iago cackling about how he's going to make your character suffer? 'Cause that. got. OLD.

I'm mostly here for the endless, endless support convos anyhow. :p

Also for this next playthrough I kicked it back to Hard/Classic, so... we'll see how long that lasts.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Aww, that's too bad about the characterizatio! Although hopefully there's less Iago cackling about how he's going to make your character suffer? 'Cause that. got. OLD.

I'm mostly here for the endless, endless support convos anyhow :p
    You know, I can't remember. Haha. Revs's story is clearly very memorable. ;)

But certain characters die a lot earlier in the game, which I really appreciated!

And that's good, because the supports really are endless. Also I feel like the writers stepped it up a notch for many of cross-country supports (probably because they restricted it to two friendship and two romance options, so they paired up the characters they were more interested in writing supports for).

And good luck!

Janson on
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

I'm mostly here for the endless, endless support convos anyhow. :p

Also for this next playthrough I kicked it back to Hard/Classic, so... we'll see how long that lasts.

Revelations on classic stops being fun on literally chapter 7 imo.

tactics spoilers for several levels all the way up to endgame
    There are way way way too many levels that have a dumb gimmick that's like "You cant guess the number or type of enemies in this next room but also you have to waste a character to take a peek so good luck chumpo!"

I think that exact same thing happens in 7, 9(? the snow level. i definitely broke 1 patch of snow that suddenly ballooned into 6 patches unleashing 2 cavaliers and all the enemies in the last room on the same turn), and even all the way at the last goddamn part of one of like chapter 24 or whatever that chapter was. (Did you like the part where you open the last door and you're in range of everything in that room including the boss? because I sure fucking did not. I wanted that spy yumi the guy was carrying but the boss suicided first.)

Oh and the chapter where you get to deploy way less units because you get 6 new ones on that map but 4 of them come in at like level 14 un-promoted and the enemy AI is rushing you with level 5 paladins.
    Did I mention they spawn in place you probably dont have any of your own units?
    Or that if you want to reset you then have to do the level before that one as well because it doesnt let you save?
    Because those are both true things that happen.

So many gripes.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I used the DLC maps to level up underleveled characters but I'm sure Rev would be frustrating without it.

• Options
    Gigi D G does the webcomic Cucumber Quest, but mostly she tweets about Fire Emblem Fates which make me laugh. A few choice ones below the cut. Slight spoilers for all paths, nothing plot critical.

Fake edit: I just realized they're all mostly Xander related

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I think I will have more time actually playing conquest instead of, you know, grinding while watching TV

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Gigi married Xander twice despite knowing the weirdness of married life with him

I consider her a kindred spirit <3

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Elise

Elise

Birthright 25
    You have a magic healing rod

You could use that

Or you could jump in front of Xander's sword, that's good too

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    There was nothing anyone could do BFL

It was just

Fate

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    That Siegbert/fried comic cracks me up every time

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

It was just

Fate

Is that why
    Xander randomly decided to fight me and randomly decided to let me kill him

I mean, I was buying it right up until I beat him, when he started saying "yeah, I love you Corrin this is what I wanted all along"

If you loved having the whole family together why'd you go and set up a situation where one of us would have to die

• Options

It was just

Fate

Is that why

I mean, I was buying it right up until I beat him, when he started saying "yeah, I love you Corrin this is what I wanted all along"

If you loved having the whole family together why'd you go and set up a situation where one of us would have to die
    He felt duty bound to stand for Nohr, despite not having it in himself to kill you. He fought you to die.

signature.png
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »

It was just

Fate

Is that why

He felt duty bound to stand for Nohr, despite not having it in himself to kill you. He fought you to die.
    Ah, I see

I'm still confused as to why Garon is a dragon instead of a slime man now

• Options

It was just

Fate

Is that why

Ah, I see

That one conquest players have a leg up on. The slime form is his true form, as revealed by the throne. That event never happens in birthright, so Garon just shows you a false, more impressive front

signature.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I just watched two supports in a row about people being embarrassed about how hungry they are

Is nobody eating in this castle? We have so many beans

• Options

It was just

Fate

Is that why

Ah, I see

That one conquest players have a leg up on. The slime form is his true form, as revealed by the throne. That event never happens in birthright, so Garon just shows you a false, more impressive front

Oh

That makes sense
    I mean, if I were a slime man I'd rather be a dragon too

Although I guess if I were a slime man I could be like

The mascot for a rubber company

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    beans alone is no way to live

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I just watched two supports in a row about people being embarrassed about how hungry they are

Corrin is giving all the food to Lilith

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »

based on the supports ive done 50% of my food goes to felicia who ruins it.
    And the other 50% goes to Mozu who cooks it for people who have just somehow stumbled upon her at that precise moment.

• Options

It was just

Fate

Is that why

Ah, I see

Oh

That makes sense

I share your consternation about the endings of both Conquest and Birthright.
    Both essentially have the main character vaugely wondering aloud whether Garon's whole deal is part of some larger threat which they should be aware of. Then they shrug and say "Oh well, guess we'll never know!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

I'm GUESSING this is setting up for the actual threat which will be revealed in Revelation. It's a bit annoying, even though I already had planned on purchasing all three paths. Conquest and Birthright were both billed as stand-alone games, and both end on these silly teasers for the DLC.

• Options

It was just

Fate

Is that why

Ah, I see

Oh

That makes sense

Both essentially have the main character vaugely wondering aloud whether Garon's whole deal is part of some larger threat which they should be aware of. Then they shrug and say "Oh well, guess we'll never know!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

I'm GUESSING this is setting up for the actual threat which will be revealed in Revelation. It's a bit annoying, even though I already had planned on purchasing all three paths. Conquest and Birthright were both billed as stand-alone games, and both end on these silly teasers for the DLC.

Thing with revelations though (very early rev spoilers)
    is that revelations makes it clear that no matter what happens Azura always always knew what the big threat was, her knowledge does not depend on you rejecting Nohr and Hoshido at all because she was born in that place and knew everything about it

But in all of Birthright and Conquest she never once says "Hey Corrin wanna come check out the bottomless canyon with me?"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

It was just

Fate

Is that why

Ah, I see

Oh

That makes sense

is that revelations makes it clear that no matter what happens Azura always always knew what the big threat was, her knowledge does not depend on you rejecting Nohr and Hoshido at all because she was born in that place and knew everything about it

But in all of Birthright and Conquest she never once says "Hey Corrin wanna come check out the bottomless canyon with me?"

It's, ah, actually worse than that

Conquest/Revelations
    In Conquest you actually end up in that kingdom, it's where you get the artifact that lets you learn about Garon, which is the reason Corrin can't talk about it

It's just that while you're there, she never thinks it necessary to tell you about Valla

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So I just discovered that unlike the rest of Rev the paralogues of the Nohr kids are still like Conquest maps in that enemies have skills beyond a selected few.

Which makes sense since it was probably copy/pasted like some other aspects.

Not that I'm complaining but man was it a surprise the first time. Had forgot how annoying poison strike is.

Dragkonias on
  • Options

It was just

Fate

Is that why

Ah, I see

Oh

That makes sense

Conquest/Revelations
    In Conquest you actually end up in that kingdom, it's where you get the artifact that lets you learn about Garon, which is the reason Corrin can't talk about it

It's just that while you're there, she never thinks it necessary to tell you about Valla

Honestly after playing Revs I kind of feel like either game before could have segwayed into it but they didn't simply for the sake of keeping parity between versions.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Beat Revelations... I liked that endgame map the most out of all of the campaigns. I'm also a sucker for happy endings for everybody

Don't know if I'm going to bother replaying any of the campaigns. I still gotta try all the dlc maps besides boo and before awakening; I shouldn't have thrown down on the dlc pass. The three main campaigns are already an absurd amount of content, I feel like I got my money's worth there at least.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

It was just

Fate

Is that why

Ah, I see

Oh

That makes sense

Conquest/Revelations

Honestly after playing Revs I kind of feel like either game before could have segwayed into it but they didn't simply for the sake of keeping parity between versions.

Having not played all the way through revelations (still on like 13) I feel like fates could have done a sacred stones and had each path split then rejoin and just been one good game with a few roster differences depending on which route you took

Maybe finishing rev will change my mind but that is my impression

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I kind of feel like the split was moreso to sastify players who liked both the pre and post Awakening gameplay style.

I kind of hope the next game is just Conquest map design mixed with Birthright's freedom of action.

• Options
    Replaying Birthright and I had forgotten how much dialogue Azura has! There is a better amount of exposition than I'd realized. But there really is no reason she could not have given Corrin more information, especially since Corrin displays utter trust in Azura multiple times.

I had remembered Nohrian Scum as a Takumi phrase but so far nearly every Hoshidan has said it except for Takumi.

Trying all new S-rank pairings this time (asides from Ryoma/Rinkah and Takumi/Oboro) and liking some of them even better than my previous 'ideal' pairings, so that's making things new and more interesting.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I've worked out the first draft of my pairings for Birthright. They're all subject to change since I don't have half these characters yet (only on Chapter 8 now)
    Jacob x Mozu
    Kaze x Azura
    Silas x Setsuna
    Subaki x Orochi
    Saizo x Hana
    Hayato x Sakura
    Hinata x Hinoka
    Takumi x Oboro
    Kaden x Felicia
    Ryoma x Rinkah

I know I'd said my intention was to inflict the worst possible support on Takumi, but that's what the "canon" Revelations run is for. I also realized that I'd be inflicting Takumi on someone else and I don't think anyone deserves that kind of punishment. Might as well put him with someone who likes him this time.

• Options
    The most embarrassing pairing for Takumi is probably... Camilla? But that is also what makes it super awesome

signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I agree that if you don't like Takumi then Camilla is definitely the woman for him.

Bless Takumi and his terrain-ignoring for Hisame's paralogue. It made it marginally less painful.

Janson on
  • Options
    At the end of the day, I'm sure Takumi gets over his embarrassment, and then he has a rad, doting wife! :P

...Who will probably think up another way to embarrass him

signature.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    man i think having been on this series for a while really inured me to the awkward character placement/levels in revs

there's some bad ones for sure but my brain is just kinda like "at least it's not nino or est"

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    The most embarrassing pairing for Takumi is probably... Camilla? But that is also what makes it super awesome

Camilla deserves better.

Also, I think in Rev the only royals I'm going to pair together will be Xander/Hinoka and Leo/Sakura.

Because in my mind there will be a point where Ryoma will get angry at Xander and tell him off. Then Xander will be all "yeah let me give that some thought... tonight when I'm bangin' your sister!"

And then he and Leo high five and run away.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I didn't pair takumi with anyone. or ryoma. or leo. or xander

I'm a failure at anime dating simulator 2.0

Jars on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I did Sakura/Xander and Takumi/Elise

They're both pretty great actually.

Dragkonias on
This discussion has been closed.