As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Enter the Gungeon: That's when I reach for my revolver

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So I don't think they ever say it in the game proper, cause I had to use the Wiki to figure out why I couldn't unlock Shortcut guy.
    You gotta do a perfect boss fight first before he'll unlock anything for you.

So when he says he'll see you around, he's basically a liar.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Also the little space turtle guy is pretty great. So cute!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So I don't think they ever say it in the game proper, cause I had to use the Wiki to figure out why I couldn't unlock Shortcut guy.
    You gotta do a perfect boss fight first before he'll unlock anything for you.

So when he says he'll see you around, he's basically a liar.

He won't be in the breach until you get a flawless, but he can't unlock anything for you until you've given him a lot of stuff anyway. He's busy in the elevator shaft clearing out junk and ordering parts.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Yeah, I just had a run where I scrounged up just enough cash for the Prime Primer.

There are 5 parts to this thing and you need to get them all on one run? Cause shit's expensive. I basically forewent anything else to be able to afford it, and then it didn't really...do anything, especially anything to keep me alive longer or kill things faster.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    You don't need to assemble
    The Bullet That Can Kill The Past

in one run you can do it over several, and with different characters. You also only need to do it once.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'm having some pretty terrible luck with this game. If I'm having a decent enough run, I'll always find the jail with the golden lock on the second floor, but never find the gold key. When I find the gold key, I end up dying in a stupid way before I can unlock the jail.

Also, regarding secret rooms and levels...
    I extinguised the fireplace on the first floor with a water barrel and pressed a switch inside, but nothing happened?

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I'm having some pretty terrible luck with this game. If I'm having a decent enough run, I'll always find the jail with the golden lock on the second floor, but never find the gold key. When I find the gold key, I end up dying in a stupid way before I can unlock the jail.

Also, regarding secret rooms and levels...
    I extinguised the fireplace on the first floor with a water barrel and pressed a switch inside, but nothing happened?
    Check the map after you do that, there will be something new.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So after 20 runs that could be described as utterly abysmal, I got to level 5 four times in a row and twice to the Dargun. I have had some great stuff as well - the AWP calls itself a n00b cannon and oh boy is it.

Edit: I have to ask, I'm nearing like 130 runs yet I've never seen the Sorceress ever. I'm beginning to fear this isn't RNG but me having the game broke in some manner. Is she just exceptionally rare or is the last person you need for Great Hall always really hard to acquire?

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    The Mimic Tooth Necklace unlocks all chest.
    BECAUSE IT TURNS EVERY CHEST INTO MIMICS.

I think you have to beat the Dragun/use the gun for the Sorceress to appear.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Wait, are you sure about that because I've not read that anywhere else.

Edit: Ah it is indeed the case! I will get there soon. I've had 10 out of my last 8 runs get to floor 5 now. If I can just get the RNG gods to not pound me...

Aegeri on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    UGH

I love this game but I am TERRIBLE at it. I think I land 1 in maybe 3 shots I take, and will frequently dodge roll into projectiles.

Can I get a turn-based tactical version of Enter the Gungeon plz?

Or maybe a CCG?

>.<

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

Edit: Ah it is indeed the case! I will get there soon. I've had 10 out of my last 8 runs get to floor 5 now. If I can just get the RNG gods to not pound me...

You may want to check your math here :P

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    UGH

I love this game but I am TERRIBLE at it. I think I land 1 in maybe 3 shots I take, and will frequently dodge roll into projectiles.

Can I get a turn-based tactical version of Enter the Gungeon plz?

Or maybe a CCG?

>.<

Try this?

Or this?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Black Prism?

Also I'm slowly warming to the game, but it's still stingy with unlocks. And guns still need to do a bit more damage. Starter pistol should be the backup option.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Black Prism?

Also I'm slowly warming to the game, but it's still stingy with unlocks. And guns still need to do a bit more damage. Starter pistol should be the backup option.

It's definitely better than launch, but yeah, all the starting weapons minus the crossbow stink.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    I really like it, but I'd like to see a balance pass that skews difficulty a bit more towards shorter, intenser fights by upping the danger, but lowering enemy HP.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Wow, just got the Hip Holster for the first time, and I'm playing the Hunter. This is overpowered.

Edit: And I just got the Particulator too. OP.

Rius on
  • Options
    Yeah. More mooks rather than just padding them out with health. More things to interact with in the environment would be nice, too.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Whoever said earlier that Super Space Turtle is love was right on the money.

Super space turtle is love.

First time getting to the fourth chamber thanks to it, thing just chewed up Cannonbalrog; all i had to do was generally stay out of the way, and take mailgun shots occasionally (also, as an aside, the package shot will cover things in glitter sometimes? To what end? Aside from getting me a trophy for gacking the Beholster with it?).

Question about updates, though; do things on the ps4 update on a different schedule, or something? i still haven't seen this newest one pop, and when i check, it says i'm playing the latest version of the software. What gives there?

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    IIRC, PS4 has way more cert to go through. Steam is the wild west, for better or for worse.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    IIRC, PS4 has way more cert to go through. Steam is the wild west, for better or for worse.

Huh...well, with any luck that'll mean a higher-quality, bundled update. It does mean i'll have to wait longer to get to fight the Nerfed version of Treadnaut. Then again, seeing how this morning was the first time actually making it to the chamber three boss (let alone beating it), that may not be something i actually need to be concerned about.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah i've basically cooled on the game since launch since i'm on ps4 and i'm just waiting to get those sweet sweet key buffs

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I know this has likely been answered before, but if I get stuff like the Primer and the Gunpowder and such, do I need to return to the breach with them, or if I die, would they count? I thought I had to bring them back with me and give them to the shopkeeper lady. Of course, I died instead and can only surmise that they dropped off with that.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I know this has likely been answered before, but if I get stuff like the Primer and the Gunpowder and such, do I need to return to the breach with them, or if I die, would they count? I thought I had to bring them back with me and give them to the shopkeeper lady. Of course, I died instead and can only surmise that they dropped off with that.
    You have to bring them to the lady in the Forge (chamber 5). You can do this over several playthroughs and only need to do it once. Talk to her when you want a bullet on other playthroughs.

• Options
    yeah i've basically cooled on the game since launch since i'm on ps4 and i'm just waiting to get those sweet sweet key buffs

It's funny, but i haven't had this reaction at all. i don't know what it is, i'm fairly shite at it, the key drops are atrocious, and Treadnaut is looming before me, but i still feel like i want to get a couple of runs in a day.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I love this game, but i freely admit I've used cheatengine to progress after playing it normally for a while (Dark Souls 3 was about to come out, so i wanted to play a few days and beat gungeon).

Theres a cheat that makes a rainbow chest drop after every room clear, which gives you like 8 items. Even after several days of playing with the cheats on, i still havent unlocked all the equipment. You even have to be careful cheating cause if you get too many of the same upgrade like huge bullets or extra shots, it literally will slow the game to a crawl with every shot due to the bullet spam.

Hexagun is my fav rifle.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    sPider817 wrote: »

MY MATH IS IMPETUOUS.

However my boasting has got to me. I got the most shit tier of shit tier guns for the next 6 runs. RNGesus punished me copiously for my over confidence.

• Options
    sPider817 wrote: »

MY MATH IS IMPETUOUS.

However my boasting has got to me. I got the most shit tier of shit tier guns for the next 6 runs. RNGesus punished me copiously for my over confidence.

Tell me about it. I got to the High Dragun with a damn powerful loadout, whittled him down to about 25% health before lazily walking into a random bullet. The next run, I made it to Wallmonger with no ammo for anything except the starter pistol. Needless to say, that run didn't end well at all.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    This is what you get for getting Lead God. Which you can get if you can get Clone and get any 5 master rounds.
    ?.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Man I love getting the Scrambler (Egg Gun) on the first two floors. You can so easily perfect bosses with it. It's ridiculous. Though it doesn't work on the Dragun unfortunately.

Once again I had an amazing run. I had great guns and I got the hip holster. Which turns any single fire gun into a monster. With both the crossbow and the scrambler I was wrecking shop.

Aaand then I got the scarf. Which makes you teleport instead of roll. Sounds great right? Yeah, except that the second stage of the Dragun is built around the roll distance. I kept overshooting because of the scarf and landing in the fire. Another damn loss.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I have a ton of trouble with the wall boss, once there is fire on the ground I always take some damage

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I just can't believe that Door Lord is a boss for the second floor. I know he's rare. But he's really really difficult with the amount of items / guns you have at that point.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I just can't believe that Door Lord is a boss for the second floor. I know he's rare. But he's really really difficult with the amount of items / guns you have at that point.

All of the bosses can be hard (at least for me). I tried to take on Bullet King last night with the Marine's starter gun because I had no keys and no guns were for sale in the shop. It was a disaster.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The twins are the ones that always fuck me up. I find them impossible if I have a slow firing weapon or something that requires charging up.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

It's funny, but i haven't had this reaction at all. i don't know what it is, i'm fairly shite at it, the key drops are atrocious, and Treadnaut is looming before me, but i still feel like i want to get a couple of runs in a day.

i will admit that the release of other games has assisted that cooling

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    The twins are the ones that always fuck me up. I find them impossible if I have a slow firing weapon or something that requires charging up.

Stay on the edges of the room with them, don't go through the middle.

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I get worse at this game every time I play it. No joke. Level 2 was no problem my first 10 or 20 playthroughs, but now I get killed by the level 1 boss more often than not.

Not sure what to make of it. I definitely don't like it, that's for sure. I can't blame the game, but I *want* to.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options

Charge weapons in general don't seem worth it for the amount of damage they put out. Rapid fire is where it's at for mooks and bosses alike.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options

Charge weapons in general don't seem worth it for the amount of damage they put out. Rapid fire is where it's at for mooks and bosses alike.

Yeah..that seems to have been my experience as well.