As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

• UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So I'm playing, and I turned off auto distribution of points and I seem to be gaining 1 point every 2 levels? When I hit level two with my guys, it says I have zero point to distribute, at level 3 I have 1, at level 4, 1, at level 5, 2 points to distribute. Is this a hidden cost for distributing them yourself, did they change the model of gameplay to a point every two levels because of the lowered amount of powers, or is my game just screwed up?

Ultarune on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    it's one point every two levels

Knob on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The cost to gain skills goes up the higher you level the skill... It starts at one, then it goes up to two later on...

although, some start at two points...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thank you! It was driving me crazy, I thought I was being cheated, grrr, wish I had read that somewhere.

Ultarune on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So if you jack up Spider-Woman's venom blast she's pretty much the most devastating thing in the universe.

Hell yeah. I've been using her since Act One and she's a literal death machine. Give her a couple of the body and focus upgrades you find laying around and she'll always be your last man standing.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    So if you jack up Spider-Woman's venom blast she's pretty much the most devastating thing in the universe.

Hell yeah. I've been using her since Act One and she's a literal death machine. Give her a couple of the body and focus upgrades you find laying around and she'll always be your last man standing.

im glad im not the only one who has realized this

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It's weird, I beat Galactus but didn't get the Silver Surfer.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I played Iron Man a bit today, and his little AOE blast is insane. I'm finding something out about pretty much every character that is insanely strong...i see myself going through and replaying this game a lot

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    How long does it typically take you guys for a complete playthrough?

Slagmire on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    too bad you can't play as Deathlok or Karnak. :(

DouglasDanger on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Kuma wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

im glad im not the only one who has realized this

yep

she was my heaviest hitter my whole first play through

worse than wolverine and cap

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited November 2006
    It's weird, I beat Galactus but didn't get the Silver Surfer.

you have to finish all the comic book missions to unlock the surfer

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited November 2006
    I just beat Galactus. Wooo.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

Fucker knocked Daredevil off a cliff. I was pissed.

deadonthestreet on
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

It's a bit easier if you use Deadpool, because his teleport attack doesn't get knocked away by Galactus.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

He knocked all my dudes off. In the end it was up to the Invisible Woman to save us all.

Finished the game last night too.
    [spoiler:0d820c509a]So is there a way to save Nightcrawler or what?[/spoiler:0d820c509a]

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

He knocked all my dudes off. In the end it was up to the Invisible Woman to save us all.

[spoiler:8ff2c0f3a1]So is there a way to save Nightcrawler or what?[/spoiler:8ff2c0f3a1]
    [spoiler:8ff2c0f3a1]no. you have to pick one. It sucks, but is an incredibly ballsy, badass move, all the same.[/spoiler:8ff2c0f3a1]

Conditional_Axe on
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

[spoiler:9cdbc6b4eb]So is there a way to save Nightcrawler or what?[/spoiler:9cdbc6b4eb]
    [spoiler:9cdbc6b4eb]no. you have to pick one. It sucks, but is an incredibly ballsy, badass move, all the same.[/spoiler:9cdbc6b4eb]

I did think though, once you got to [spoiler:9cdbc6b4eb] Valhalla, you'd have a chance to save him... something about all the portals and stuff. Then I think someone here said that who you saved would have an impact on the ending, but I didn't see anything that indicated a change... did I miss it? [/spoiler:9cdbc6b4eb]

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

[spoiler:6aec5e37e0]So is there a way to save Nightcrawler or what?[/spoiler:6aec5e37e0]
    [spoiler:6aec5e37e0]no. you have to pick one. It sucks, but is an incredibly ballsy, badass move, all the same.[/spoiler:6aec5e37e0]

I did think though, once you got to [spoiler:6aec5e37e0] Valhalla, you'd have a chance to save him... something about all the portals and stuff. Then I think someone here said that who you saved would have an impact on the ending, but I didn't see anything that indicated a change... did I miss it? [/spoiler:6aec5e37e0]

i picked
    [spoiler:6aec5e37e0]nightcrawler and let jean die on account of her being the phoenix and all[/spoiler:6aec5e37e0]

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited November 2006
    Kuma wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

[spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]So is there a way to save Nightcrawler or what?[/spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]
    [spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]no. you have to pick one. It sucks, but is an incredibly ballsy, badass move, all the same.[/spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]

I did think though, once you got to [spoiler:cf6d3b9a32] Valhalla, you'd have a chance to save him... something about all the portals and stuff. Then I think someone here said that who you saved would have an impact on the ending, but I didn't see anything that indicated a change... did I miss it? [/spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]

i picked
    [spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]nightcrawler and let jean die on account of her being the phoenix and all[/spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]
    I imagine that made the [spoiler:cf6d3b9a32]Mephisto[/spoiler:cf6d3b9a32] fight quite a bitch.

Conditional_Axe on
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Is there any rhyme or reason as to when costumes get unlocked (excluding the comic mission ones)?

cytorak on
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

[spoiler:739192f66c]So is there a way to save Nightcrawler or what?[/spoiler:739192f66c]
    [spoiler:739192f66c]no. you have to pick one. It sucks, but is an incredibly ballsy, badass move, all the same.[/spoiler:739192f66c]

I did think though, once you got to [spoiler:739192f66c] Valhalla, you'd have a chance to save him... something about all the portals and stuff. Then I think someone here said that who you saved would have an impact on the ending, but I didn't see anything that indicated a change... did I miss it? [/spoiler:739192f66c]

[spoiler:739192f66c] That may be it, because when they're recapping all your deeds at the end Nightcrawler counts as a failure.[/spoiler:739192f66c]

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited November 2006
    cytorak wrote:
    Is there any rhyme or reason as to when costumes get unlocked (excluding the comic mission ones)?

You get them from killing a set number of dudes with that character.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    cytorak wrote:

You get them from killing a set number of dudes with that character.
    on the subject of costumes, what about colossus's third costume? he doesn't have a sim disc, and the 4th one is the first one to get unlocked.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited November 2006
    Kuma wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah I did that earlier.

[spoiler:fa236393bc]So is there a way to save Nightcrawler or what?[/spoiler:fa236393bc]
    [spoiler:fa236393bc]no. you have to pick one. It sucks, but is an incredibly ballsy, badass move, all the same.[/spoiler:fa236393bc]

I did think though, once you got to [spoiler:fa236393bc] Valhalla, you'd have a chance to save him... something about all the portals and stuff. Then I think someone here said that who you saved would have an impact on the ending, but I didn't see anything that indicated a change... did I miss it? [/spoiler:fa236393bc]

i picked
    [spoiler:fa236393bc]nightcrawler and let jean die on account of her being the phoenix and all[/spoiler:fa236393bc]

yeah, i did the opposite, because i figured [spoiler:fa236393bc]the startle of dropping would shock nightcrawler's teleportation abilities back on. NOPE[/spoiler:fa236393bc]

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited November 2006
    Anyone get this game for the PC? I'm in murderland and playing one of the sidegames…Bricks? I honestly don't know what it's called. I'm prompted to hit F to push or pull, which I've had to use previously in the game but it didn't do anything in this side game. I tried on both sides of it…any tips?

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2006
    Anyone get this game for the PC? I'm in murderland and playing one of the sidegames…Bricks? I honestly don't know what it's called. I'm prompted to hit F to push or pull, which I've had to use previously in the game but it didn't do anything in this side game. I tried on both sides of it…any tips?

are you using the arrows or directional keys?

i have it on pc and i didn't have any trouble with that part, so much so that i don't even really remember how to do it

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited November 2006
    I tried with the directional keys. When I tried using the arrows it switched my characters. I'll give it another go tonight

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    grab it from the bottom and move left and right

Carl with a K on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    Chuck Wojtkiewicz posted some of his concept art for the game over on the Drawing Board forums if you guys are interested:

http://www.drawingboard.org/viewtopic.php?t=50136

DMAC on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DMAC wrote:
    Chuck Wojtkiewicz posted some of his concept art for the game over on the Drawing Board forums if you guys are interested:

Great stuff. It's a shame that sort of detail didn't wind up in the final product, though I suppose it would be tough due to the perspective.

Don't want to stray off topic DMAC but your Canadian Shield picture...

:^: :^: :^:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited November 2006
    DMAC wrote:

sweet lord that stuff looks great, the Loki especially.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited November 2006
    grab it from the bottom and move left and right

Yeah, i realized that after a good twenty minutes of trying to do it from the sides :D That was mission was a lot of fun. Mephistos lair was my favorite level so far...i racked up a good 5 levels for each character on my team in there.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The content cut for the game I most want to see in the sequel?

Normandy, 1945.

Furu on
    edited November 2006
    We got around the purple and magenta color scheme by desaturating and pushing it towards black.

Why would you want to "get around" the purple and magenta color scheme?
    It's a fucking classic.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I switched from keyboard to a 360 controller - once you get the right drivers, this thing plays a lot smoother and is a hell of a lot more fun with a controller.

Hensler on
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So...any tips for Spidey's comic mission? Dum Dum keeps charging the Scorpion, banging a pot with a wooden spoon and screaming "I love Scorpion!"

cytorak on
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    cytorak wrote:
    So...any tips for Spidey's comic mission? Dum Dum keeps charging the Scorpion, banging a pot with a wooden spoon and screaming "I love Scorpion!"

I cant do that mission either.

Damnit Dugan, if you're on 10% health don't charge an AoEing boss!

JohnDoe on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    It's called courage.

DMAC on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Disarming bombs and things like that drives me nuts. I keep thinking the 4 popping up at the bottom of the screen means space bar (I mean, who puts space bar at the top, right). Took me a while to take care of the Kraken.

Scooter on