As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help can't get Surround sound Reciver working

EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
I have had it for a while but its always been ghetto rigged. Now I have everythign set up correctly, all the audio cables where they should go, an AV switch and everything. The only problem is that I can't get the reciver to use fiber optics(DTS) when I plug the video cable into the DvD slots. Now if I plug them into Video 1 slots and the fiber optics cable it works fine.

SEGA
p561852.jpg
EliteLamer on

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Right now it says Pro logic and I can't seem to make it switch to DTS mode.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ok the sound is going threw Video 2, I guess thats where the optics cable routes threw. But I need it to work with DvD slots.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2006
    A lot of DVD players require you to explicitly set the type of audio output in a set-up menu. So you'd have to tell the DVD player to output in DTS before it would. Have you checked this?

Or are you saying that you can get DTS audio just fine when the DVD player's video cables are plugged into the Video1 jack on the receiver, but not when the video cables are plugged into the DVD jack on the receiver? If that's the case, you got me. Perhaps the receiver can't handle signals going into separate inputs at the same time?

Have you tried reading the manual? It's kinda hard to tell you what to do when we have no idea what sort of receiver you have. And maybe you should expand upon what you mean by "ghetto rigged".

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Or are you saying that you can get DTS audio just fine when the DVD player's video cables are plugged into the Video1 jack on the receiver, but not when the video cables are plugged into the DVD jack on the receiver?

Correct. I lost the manual years ago.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I looked it up online and it said if I push input I can change it to DTS but the only inputs I can change to DTS is video 2 for some reason. DVD inputs run on coxial.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg