As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Frost Ice Loft Pax East Party

BakHSBakHS Registered User new member
So, I recently found out about this place called the Frost Ice Loft in Boston, I was interested in getting a large enough group together to PAX out the place. Minimum number of people for a party is 15, I currently have 5 of my own group going to PAX for the three days so I was wondering how many people we could get together to pre-register for this party. For a complete buyout (100 person MAX) is not listed but according to the website it looks like it would be approximately $10 per person

Link to the website: http://frosticeloft.com/ Hope to find other interested PAX'ers

• Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    This is kinda interesting. Reminds me of a bar in NYC where you can pay a flat fee to go in the back, put on Russian coats and hats (srsly), and do a 10 minute all-you can drink vodka bar with shots in glasses made of ice.

My only point of criticism is thus: this might be the first PAXeast in recent memory where it won't be abysmally cold, and I'm not sure I'd want to pay out to go actually BE cold for a period of time, just to hang.

Just my $.02, but I dunno. I appreciate the initiative, especially with the party thread being as quiet as it is.

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Frost Ice Bar is a really neat place - haven't been myself but have friends who have been and they loved it!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    whtknightwhtknight Registered User regular
    I would actually be interested in checking this place out

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    What day where you thinking of going?

• Options
    Zap-RoboZap-Robo This Space Intentionally Left Blank Youngstown, OHRegistered User regular
    Impressive looking venue - I'd be interested, dependent on day.

Andy "Zap-Robo" Barber
    Editor in Chief @ www.mmo-central.com
  • Options
    ThatJMguyThatJMguy Registered User new member
    I'd be interested in going; looks pretty cool.

• Options
    PNeafseyPNeafsey Registered User regular
    I'd be interested. When are you thinking of going?

• Options
    MagnusantiMagnusanti Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    MrGone1980 wrote: »

My only point of criticism is thus: this might be the first PAXeast in recent memory where it won't be abysmally cold, and I'm not sure I'd want to pay out to go actually BE cold for a period of time, just to hang.

Given the weather in Boston thus far, you may need a reprieve from the heat!

Magnusanti on
    Gamer dad to gamer kids. Kerbalnaut first, then BF4. Will give any indie title a go.
  • Options
    Kiki Kiki Lady Moogle Hat Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Hey, I'm from Boston, and that place is pretty awesome (I've been there a few times), if you can stand a little bit of cold, and they give you a comfy warm parka and gloves, so it really isn't that bad!

• Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I remember hearing that they just renovated the whole place in March, so it sounds like PAX would be a great time to check it out!

• Options
    Jamin724Jamin724 Registered User new member
    Hey just so you know the place is small I have no clue how they could fit 100 people in there and the drinks are ~$10 a drink. They do give free parka's, mittens and have free lockers to store your belongings if you need to. I would not wear shorts or opened toed shoes. They do have hats that you can rent I am not sure on the cost I am from here so I have a winter hat. Also you have to wear their parka's I went in with my own winter coat and I had to either take it off and wear their parka or wear their parka over my coat. Hope you all have fun!

• Options
    nismodriftnismodrift Registered User regular
    http://frosticeloft.com/promotion/show-us-your-ticket-or-badge-save/

you get 1/2 off admission pricing by showing the local convention badge day of if that helps. It will end up being $6 admission fee. Also free admission if your birthday happens to be in april!

• Options
    PNeafseyPNeafsey Registered User regular
    Is this being planned as a party or a random show-up-whenever thing?

• Options
    colpaniccolpanic Registered User new member
    Looks fun, what's the status? No updates since 11 APR. Is this happening? Our crew is around 5-10 ppl

• Options
    x3rubiachica3xx3rubiachica3x Registered User regular
    I'm interested, Any date in mind? Including myself my party could be 2 or 4 people, depends..

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    OP's been inactive since the day he posted this. I have a feeling this was mostly to put a feeler out and forgot about it.