As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bomb Thread

1110111112113114116»

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Whew. Bad dental stories are the worst. A few years ago I was absolutely dreading visiting the dentist for the first time in 12 years and had looked up all sorts of terrible things that could have happened. Fortunately, all I needed was to take care of three cavities and one root canal. That was about 4 years ago and I'm happy to say I've had no major issues since then.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Word. Get gassed and you seriously won't give a fuck. I don't understand why Danny (and others) seem to be dead set on experiencing the procedure. I just got high as all hell on nitrous and went to lala land.

My funny story from getting my wisdom teeth out doesn't really involve pain - only hilarity. While coming down off of the nitrous in the office I was too afraid to spit for some reason. So while they were talking us through the post-op care tips I just sat there with blood slowly filling my mouth as I nodded silently. Once we got outside to the car there was another little guy going in for the same thing. The last thing he saw before going into the office was me turning my face to ground and letting my mouth open to let a deluge of blood come pouring out of my mouth. I looked like a scarier version of Regan in the Exorcist.

He was horrified. My dad laughed the whole way home.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Back when I was 15 they had to remove 4 teeth for my braces. Let me tell you, does it suck when the anesthetic fails to kick in and those suckers don't want to go out.

TBH, maybe I'll do it by December? I know I really should.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    WOW..5 man Bombcast! This....hasn't happened in quite a while!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    me, my father, and grandfather all do not have wisdom teeth

my brother does, sucks to be him

we are the future

J3qcnBP.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    me, my father, and grandfather all do not have wisdom teeth

my brother does, sucks to be him

we are the future

do you or your brother have kids?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have wisdom teeth but I don't have a dumb baby mouth and they all fit fine

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I know I've got problems with grinding my teeth. Possibly caused by stress?

I can't imagine where that comes from.

*glares in the direction of work*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    When Dan talked about the EA spouse stuff and said "Wife E-mails" I heard "Wife Females" and thought his human mask had slipped off and revealed Dan for the lizard alien he truly is.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Well, you have to be clear as to the demographic EA lizard aliens were referring to, of course.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Without an industry thread here anymore, I feel like I miss so many news stories

I didn't hear about any of this Rockstar stuff until this week's Bombcast, for example

Does anyone know where I can find some of these "Rockstar stories" that Jeff and Dan reference?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Without an industry thread here anymore, I feel like I miss so many news stories

I didn't hear about any of this Rockstar stuff until this week's Bombcast, for example

Does anyone know where I can find some of these "Rockstar stories" that Jeff and Dan reference?

I think it was Alex on the Beastcast who specifically mentioned nobody talks about those stories in public because it's impossible to corroberate them.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    20000 pogs is too many pogs.

If you want too many pogs too, you can buy 10k Mortal Kombat pogs on eBay for $200.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Does that mean someone sent them $400 (to who!?) worth of Pogs?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Welllll, it means someone wants $200 for 10,000 pogs. Not sure anyone is going to bite.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Does that mean someone sent them $400 (to who!?) worth of Pogs?

no, pogs are worth $0

liEt3nH.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Somewhere, Jim Sterling is buying a ticket to California and planning a heist to liberate those pogs.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Somewhere, Jim Sterling is buying a ticket to California and planning a heist to liberate those pogs.

Al Pacino in, A Pog Day Afternoon

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I was way into pogs as a kid, and way into Mortal Kombat (still am), and somehow existence of these pogs eluded me

But I mean, it's not like I actively sought out particular pogs or anything, you could go to any store and pay a few bucks and get a huge bag

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The only thing I ever stole was a pack of three Spider-Man pogs from a K-Mart. I opened it up and stuffed them in my sock. I'm a monster.

Their office space is so cluttered it gives me anxiety. When they dumped the pogs I was both overjoyed and horrified. I actually dreamt about the mess last night.

Need help.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Dan did a Periscope video where he cleaned the pogs up, apparently.

I didn't watch it, but that's how it was titled. This the same man who spits on the floor of the studio, so who knows.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular

I didn't watch it, but that's how it was titled. This the same man who spits on the floor of the studio, so who knows.

What? Why in the hell would you spit indoors? Hell, why would you spit outdoors on a regular basis?

camo_sig2.png
    Dan is a monster. It is known.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    When I was in middle school I was friends with a guy who spit on his carpet in his own house. Glad he never did it at my place.

I haven't witnessed Dan do it in the studio, though. Admittedly, I don't watch too many of their videos these days either.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I've run into a few people in my life that just constantly spit, no matter where they are. I don't understand the purpose?

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
    The purpose is that it lets you know that you no longer need those people in your life.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    People who spit into the urinal in the men's restroom...

it's maybe one of the most off-putting things you can do

/gag

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

What? Why in the hell would you spit indoors? Hell, why would you spit outdoors on a regular basis?
    cultural thing, especially Asia. I work at a very large university where a massive percentage of our student body are mainland Chinese, here for 4 years before they go back home, and the amount of spitting I see in unfathomable.

Although I see all kinds of horrid things that are perfectly acceptable elsewhere, East Indians washing their feet in the sinks in the bathrooms, etc

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    People who spit tobacco into the urinal in the men's restroom...

it's maybe one of the most off-putting things you can do

/gag

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    If you're going to spit, spitting outside or in a sink/toilet is fine.

Spitting on a carpeted floor is the act of a madman. We live in a society of laws!

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Are you guys just referencing the one time Dan shot water out from his teeth on UPF or is he actually known for spitting all the time?

I wasn't referencing anything in particular. But spitting is gross and people should not do it - especially indoors.

camo_sig2.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Sometimes you got fluid in your mouth that gots to be expelled.

reVerse wrote: »

Then find a sink. In most people's day-to-day there are precisely 0 reasons to spit aside from brushing teeth or using mouthwash.

camo_sig2.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    jclast wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

Then find a sink. In most people's day-to-day there are precisely 0 reasons to spit aside from brushing teeth or using mouthwash.

You just said that people shouldn't spit, but now spitting is allowed?

reVerse on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    There are very rare situations when it's acceptable to spit. A bug flies in your mouth? Spit all you want. You're *shudder* chewing tobacco? Go for it (but into a bottle or something). Your mouth is full of saliva? Swallow that shit. It's just saliva.

This discussion has been closed.