As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Pins?

ZynthioZynthio Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in PAX East
Is it already known what pins will be at PAX East? If so, could someone inform me where I could see them? If not, will that be announced some time leading up to the event or will we just have to find out when it starts?
Forgive me if I have posted in the wrong area. I am not yet accustom to this forum yet!

*EDIT* Easiest way to get my hands on a group of specific pins? For example, I already want the Hair Troll, Dogmeat, Vault Girl, What Ho!, and Hob pins. I guess I'll have to wait till after the event and people are posting trades?

Thanks guys!
Zynthio

6dTk2WM.png
Zynthio on

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    ishtra wrote: »

Thank you so much!

6dTk2WM.png
  • Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Zynthio wrote: »
    *EDIT* Easiest way to get my hands on a group of specific pins? For example, I already want the Hair Troll, Dogmeat, Vault Girl, What Ho!, and Hob pins. I guess I'll have to wait till after the event and people are posting trades?

Thanks guys!
    Zynthio

There will be a number of community pin trading events at PAX East - forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204450/east-drink-and-be-merry-pax-east-community-event-master-thread

More info about how to get each pin - forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204378/pax-east-pins/p1

And if you want Dogmeat and Vault Girl, you'll need to get in the Expo Hall line very early.

• Options
    ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    thx42 wrote: »

Thanks guys!
    Zynthio

There will be a number of community pin trading events at PAX East - forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204450/east-drink-and-be-merry-pax-east-community-event-master-thread

More info about how to get each pin - forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204378/pax-east-pins/p1

And if you want Dogmeat and Vault Girl, you'll need to get in the Expo Hall line very early.

It's early and I'm not awake and I feel dumb, but are you saying they're going to sell out super quickly, or are we going to have to play demos (and thus be in line forever) to get those pins?

mkf6ad9.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    chances are dogmeat and vault girl will sell out super quickly, if west 2015 was any indication

• Options
    ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Well that puts a snarl in our plans. Guess my wife and I might not both be in the Merch Lite line first thing Friday morning.

mkf6ad9.png
  • Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    Did they do a certain amount for sale each day for the Bethesda pins or do they sell all of them Day 1?

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    they were rationed out each day.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    zeale wrote: »
    they were rationed out each day.

Awesome. I can continue with my plan of Merch lite on Friday and then Bethesda Saturday.

• Options

I won't be attending Pax East. I meant what's the easiest way to get them post show. Idk if it's post show already, it might have happened this past weekend

6dTk2WM.png
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular

I won't be attending Pax East. I meant what's the easiest way to get them post show. Idk if it's post show already, it might have happened this past weekend

Try and post on here or the subreddit if you want to trade for the pin. If you want to buy it, most of them will be on resale sites after the convention ends (albeit, at huge markups)

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I know there are other pins/etc. that will be rare to get, but I do suggest that anything sold at the merch booth be gotten first. Even though supplies of the limited edition stuff has gotten better over the years, but the rare stuff will sell out quickly.

• Options

You can ask about trades here -

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177186/pinny-arcade-pin-pal-trading-post

Or make an account at -

https://pinnypals.com/

Unfortunately it's too late for this year, but often people will offer to proxy purchase pins for people -

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/202883/pax-east-proxy

• Options
    MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    When you trade for pins, I know you should have the backing attached but do you need to have the blue cardboard thingy with the pin? I'm talking about the thing that has the Pinny Arcade wording on top that comes with the pin when your first purchase it.1c8e7ojqvdvc.jpg

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I'm gonna be that guy and ask this question:
    Is selling your pins to others instead of trading them at PAX a no-no? I've got a valuable pin I'd like money for, but rather than trust eBay (which helped get my bank account hacked a few years ago :bzz: ) I'd rather sell it in person to people at PAX.

• Options
    hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    It has happened - a sale was prearranged for a DLC before the last PAX South, and the transaction happened there. It depends on how you handle it. Generally people are trying to trade for pins, and only buy when they need to, and may have already set a budget for the weekend. So, depending on the value, don't be surprised if you have trouble finding a taker. Also, while we know that as any collectable, they have some value, I wouldn't crash a pin trading event waving a for sale sign. Just follow Wheaton's Law, and it should be fine.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So I'm gonna be that guy and ask this question:
    Is selling your pins to others instead of trading them at PAX a no-no? I've got a valuable pin I'd like money for, but rather than trust eBay (which helped get my bank account hacked a few years ago :bzz: ) I'd rather sell it in person to people at PAX.

It is generally frowned upon to try and sell pins on the forums, but at PAX, I doubt anyone would care.

I am personally on the lookout for a few rares, and will potentially pay cash for them - Gold Overwatch, Leeroy among others https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/thx42

• Options
    When you trade for pins, I know you should have the backing attached but do you need to have the blue cardboard thingy with the pin? I'm talking about the thing that has the Pinny Arcade wording on top that comes with the pin when your first purchase it.1c8e7ojqvdvc.jpg

I think most people don't care about the backers.

• Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular

I think most people don't care about the backers.

depends on the person. I keep all mine just in case.

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    LlewellynLlewellyn Brooklyn, MDRegistered User regular

I personally wouldn't care about paper backing like this that wasn't unique to the pin. If the paper liner/backing also is customized, I think it's important to make sure it's intact. Also, some of the pins are sold in sets, and for those, if I'm buying them as a set, I'd prefer them to be intact as they were originally sold, on the backing and still in the plastic if possible. Trading for pieces that were originally part of a set trying to complete one, even all of them at once, loose, would be different.

Again, that is my preference. I'm still a real noob at this, too, so my expectations may be a bit off, but I treat the pins like I treat most other things I collect. If someone else hasn't taken good care of them, I'm less inclined to want to trade or buy that particular piece, no matter what it is.

fss_overall.png
    Extra Life 2015: Help me 1-UP last year! My 2015 Page