As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turris Mummy

turritomturritom Registered User regular
Hi i have done a low poly mummy for my video game .. i use zbrush and quixel suite 2

86amew7cq4d4.jpg
4t87wx3igvtp.png
esgdhc8a2u60.png

and in unity3d engine it looks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2eIXod0DSk

youtube.com/watch?v=q2eIXod0DSk

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is that your animation as well, or is it stock in unity? Model seems fine enough, it's a pretty simple design, but it's executed efficiently and seems to look alright in-engine. I'm not deep enough into 3D to nitpick further.

Do you have anything else to show? We'd love to see more.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    yes the goal is the enemys in very short time and in good quality to complete. so i use the zremesher and dynamesh to make the low poly mehs ..and dont handmade.

some other works on my website ..

http://www.tom3d.de/

and here if i made more monsters :biggrin:

ah the animation i have done ..with my new mocap suite .. made in my living room :)

turritom on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Hey there - what kind of feedback are you looking for? Do you want critiques on your modeling/sculpting, the texturing, etc?

• Options
    nothing special ..some Tips for Anatomy .. or tips for a better low mesh with zremesher

• Options
    yesterday i have the sword for the mummy done

2mjayttkl90t.png

5wp48d0te458.jpg

• Options
    Your modelling on both the sword and the mummy seem a little rushed - there are areas that are a bit lumpy, things that are supposed to be straight are actually curved (it looks like you did the central part of the blade in one single stroke, by hand - it's a little wobbly). It looks like you didn't really pay enough attention to the mummy's hands...they look too smoothly tapered towards the ends, which can be what happens when you initially make hands in ZBrush but don't go back in tweak them (by adding bone structure, thinning some area out, adding mass in other areas, etc).

If you're willing to go back and fix these issues, I think it would be a good thing for you to do. Have some photo reference next to you while you model, and really try to pay a little more attention to accuracy and craftsmanship. Try not to rush through. There's a lot of little things you can go back and tweak with your mummy model and your sword model - a great start would be to check out some reference for each, and see what your models might benefit from.

If you're not interested in going back and fixing them, definitely do this for your next models, at least. Making assets like these for a game can take time! So don't worry about speed.

• Options
    thanks a Lot for your reply .. i will try to be better on my next sculpt .. i really need a tablet i think ;) with mouse it is tricky.

• Options
    turritom wrote: »
    thanks a Lot for your reply .. i will try to be better on my next sculpt .. i really need a tablet i think ;) with mouse it is tricky.

Oh, you're doing this with a mouse? Yes! Very tricky indeed. :) A tablet will help that a lot.