As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I would do anything for [Love], but I won't do that

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Love thread, while I'm quite looking forward to the new series of Game of Thrones, I'm also quite sad that the person I've watched every episode with is no longer around to do so. I'll get used to it, but it's a shame.

Actually thinking about it I had the exact same thing with the exact same programme and just didn't want to watch GoT for a while cause it was our thing we watched.

But then I did.

:bro:

Yeah I'm wondering if it's the reason I'm just not feeling the hype this year, when previously I've been almost giddy about it.

Then I know that on Sunday night I'll be thinking "well I could go to bed, or I could just be tired at work tomorrow and enjoy that sweet late night first showing."

I'm at my friend's house that night and I don't think she has Sky. I have Sky Go though and I'm wondering if they'll put it up after that showing, or the main one the next night. I should be revising biology but Game of Thrones viewing is obviously far more important.

"Does the carpet match the curtains"
    I hope he doesn't think he's being original there.

This is where you respond with a cropped photo of part of your living room right?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Love thread, while I'm quite looking forward to the new series of Game of Thrones, I'm also quite sad that the person I've watched every episode with is no longer around to do so. I'll get used to it, but it's a shame.

Actually thinking about it I had the exact same thing with the exact same programme and just didn't want to watch GoT for a while cause it was our thing we watched.

But then I did.

Yeah I'm wondering if it's the reason I'm just not feeling the hype this year, when previously I've been almost giddy about it.

Then I know that on Sunday night I'll be thinking "well I could go to bed, or I could just be tired at work tomorrow and enjoy that sweet late night first showing."

I'm at my friend's house that night and I don't think she has Sky. I have Sky Go though and I'm wondering if they'll put it up after that showing, or the main one the next night. I should be revising biology but Game of Thrones viewing is obviously far more important.

This is where you respond with a cropped photo of part of your living room right?

"Ugh, no and it's been driving me crazy. We got the carpet on a heavy discount at an outlet store and I swear it's a color that doesn't actually exist in nature or something. We've brought samples of it to fabric stores all over and no one can match it. It's a sort of salmon/coral, but with tinges of octarine."

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

But then I did.

My determination to see Joffrey die overrode my despondency.

That was the first season we watched as it was being broadcast! I've still got fond memories of being barely awake at 2am and watching Ice be melted down. I think you made the right choice to power through it and watch that bastard get his.

But then I did.

Oh it's definitely the priority! Sky had some really weird scheduling last year on NowTV, where we ended up watching episodes hours before they actually broadcast them on TV for the first time. Had more than a few where it'd be available to watch in the morning, when it wasn't airing until that night.

forumsig.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    That really bothered me as I wanted to ask Felicia Day a question but after this I lost interest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbFjePdOpK8
    I did get that distrustful eye from her when I walked past her booth a few times

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular

But then I did.

"Ugh, no and it's been driving me crazy. We got the carpet on a heavy discount at an outlet store and I swear it's a color that doesn't actually exist in nature or something. We've brought samples of it to fabric stores all over and no one can match it. It's a sort of salmon/coral, but with tinges of octarine."

Done. I had to change the spelling of colour though.

But then I did.

Done. I had to change the spelling of colour though.

Ah, of course, sorry for the excessive American-ness.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

But then I did.

Urgh.

These guys need an app that filters their messages into what they're really saying and displays it to them before the send. I wonder how many would be cool with just posting "HEY WHAT'S YOUR PUBIC HAIR LIKE?"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

He replied.

"Nightmare I feel it pain"

Still not convinced that Tinder doesn't have a stipulation for its users to type with their elbows, against a very short timer.

forumsig.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    These guys need an app that filters their messages into what they're really saying and displays it to them before the send. I wonder how many would be cool with just posting "HEY WHAT'S YOUR PUBIC HAIR LIKE?"

Unfortunately I get the impression that a large number would be totally cool with it.

7qmGNt5.png
    He replied.

Are these lyrics? I don't really listen to death metal?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    He replied.

Damn. If he'd replied that he knew a hirsute librarian who could source fabric in that colo(u)r he might have been a keeper.

steam_sig.png
    An app where their mother gets sent a version of what they're asking.

Unfortunately I get the impression that a large number would be totally cool with it.

I'm sure way more than I'd like to think would, but I also think a lot of guys have a warped perception of what is and isn't appropriate to say based on certain euphemisms and specific phrases being so culturally prevalent, and I want to believe that if you stripped the familiar phrasings away and showed them the reality of what they're saying, at least some of them would realize how gross they're being.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

My mum would just criticise me for not immediately starting off with wedding plans.

forumsig.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The queen is going to be 90 tomorrow

On her unofficial birthday

Unofficial birthday?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

My mum would just criticise me for not immediately starting off with wedding plans.

She's just raring for an excuse to wear a fancy hat again I bet.

Liz has two birthdays, because Liz.

Her official birhtday is in June

xb3vr8zepcng.jpg

edited April 2016

Liz has two birthdays, because Liz.

I mean, throwing yourself two birthdays is probably one of the mildest and most understandable things to do with (mostly ceremonial) executive power, so, why not?

In any case 90 is impressive. She's been through a lot.

Edit: That picture never ceases to amuse me, Liiya.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

She does seem to relish the hassle of acquiring fancy clothes for a special occasion...

forumsig.png

She does seem to relish the hassle of acquiring fancy clothes for a special occasion...

This is the way of all mothers.

I've always liked the easy way to tell when Liz is "working" or on official business vs. doing something for fun. Is she wearing a hat? Then it's official.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh thank goodness this thread's back. I saw this and thought of you all (then had to resize it because some mook saved it as a png and that's just silly)
    kdufEFh.jpg

ROLLEYES.gif

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Unofficial birthday?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA VERRRRYYYYYY MERRYYYYYYY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

"Apr 20 7:25 pm

So how does dating me and my mate sound to you? Not together of course, individually and then perhaps we could all go out and just have a laugh. Serious. I know it may sound a bit weird but it's not when you look at it in detail... As you'd probably still be talking to others whilst lining up a date or 2 wouldn't you? So why not date and have fun and a good laugh with two pals? He's on here too if your interested. Life's to short and can be boring, fancy some fun and excitement with two decent educated mates? Hope so! Chris x"

It's a message with sentences and correct spelling and everything! His profile does not mention this friend though. I wonder what the thinking is behind this.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Probably not that honest about the "not together"?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That's kind of charmingly strange

Like, it seems like a complicated setup to a threesome or some other weird sex thing

But I'd almost want to pursue it just to see where it goes

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Some people just want to be in Paris no matter where they are

Yeah part of me thinks that the night out all together will end up as an Eiffel Tower situation in his ideal world.

My old friend is back!

"Fancy a drink tonight?"

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "Apr 20 7:25 pm

So how does dating me and my mate sound to you? Not together of course, individually and then perhaps we could all go out and just have a laugh. Serious. I know it may sound a bit weird but it's not when you look at it in detail... As you'd probably still be talking to others whilst lining up a date or 2 wouldn't you? So why not date and have fun and a good laugh with two pals? He's on here too if your interested. Life's to short and can be boring, fancy some fun and excitement with two decent educated mates? Hope so! Chris x"

It's a message with sentences and correct spelling and everything! His profile does not mention this friend though. I wonder what the thinking is behind this.

• Run-on sentence
    • incorrect choice of 'your'
    • incorrect choice of 'to'
    Abort! Abort!

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2016
    Someone visited my OkCupid profile for the first time in two and a half months - yay?

Platy on
    "I know it may sound a bit weird but it's not when you look at it in detail" is one of my "it's time to bail from this conversation" warning signs.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

oooh

I told my old friend no.

"Ok stubborn"

How dare you not get worn down into saying yes by my repeated messaging!

Ahh the old persist until you guilt trip and wear the person down technique.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    There's also a slim chance that guy is just trying to set you up with his friend by being the worst wingman in recorded history.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
This discussion has been closed.