As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

• baggins120baggins120 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know the procedure for will call pick up? Specifically where to park? Our plan right now is to pick up on Thursday, I would just have someone waiting in the car but they might want to fill out the paperwork for a medical badge and I assume just leaving the car out front would be a no no.

• iltailta Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's not really a spot to idle a car, and depending on when you pickup, there may be a line. However, on Thursday night there shouldn't be too much trouble finding a parking spot, either at the BCEC itself, or at the Westin, or just locally. So I'd have your friend drop you off at the front door and park or circle the block. You might even be able to fill out the medical form for them, but I'd get an official answer on that one when you pick up the badge.

• coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular
    Hey just a heads up for any of you planning to use the Red Line from North of Boston this weekend. The subway will be closed between Alewife and Harvard square. They'll be providing bus service instead.

This will likely increase your travel time, so plan ahead.
    http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/transit_updates/?ttype=subway&route=Red+Line

VEIYCZd.png
  • tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    So if I want to participate in a tournament (namely Mario Kart 7), do I go sign up as soon as the doors open?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Mario Kart 7 in Handheld or Mario Kart 8 in Console? Either way, good bet to head their first thing on the day of that tourney (MK8 = Friday, MK7 = Saturday).

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    So if I want to participate in a tournament (namely Mario Kart 7), do I go sign up as soon as the doors open?

Yes you should! I did a tournament a couple years ago and I made sure to sign up first thing! Tournament sign ups are available the day of the tournament. So if the tournament is on Saturday or Sunday, you will need to sign up that morning.

Mario Kart 7 for Handheld on Saturday. Would I head to the Handheld Lounge, or is there someplace else they're having the tournaments?

Mario Kart 7 for Handheld on Saturday. Would I head to the Handheld Lounge, or is there someplace else they're having the tournaments?

I haven't done handheld tournaments but I would assume it is at the checkout station. I would find an enforcer in the morning around there to ask!

Probably a stupid question, but where is the checkout station?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    If HH tourney singups aren't at the main HH desk, they are really close by.

Should be right in the handheld lounge. If you are going on Friday, I would scout the area!

edited April 2016
    Yep, I'll be there all three days! I was just reading on Reddit where someone said HH signups start on Friday even if the tournament is a different day. Is that true?

tipsy_tommo on
    That is untrue. Unless it's a multi-day tourney (usually only in TT for stuff like Dominion or Catan), all tourney sign-ups are day-of.

• TymTym Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if Role-Play OnDemand will be at PAX East 2016? I had a blast with them last year, but can't find any information in the forums since 2014.

• luckoftheleftyluckofthelefty Registered User new member
    Help! I'm panicking!

My badges got returned to sender thanks to a terrible post office where I live. I emailed the support email for PAX but haven't heard back. Will I be able to pick them up at will call? PLEASE HELP!

• FlakeFlake Registered User new member
    When picking up tickets/badges from will-call does the person who purchases them have to pick them up or can someone else, provided they have the right information?

• CtrlAltDftCtrlAltDft Luis Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the merch booth at the main entrance will be open before the expo hall is open on Friday morning? I'm bringing some line games with me and I don't own a card mat so I'd like to buy the PAX mat before getting into the expo hall queue line.

• CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Flake wrote: »
    When picking up tickets/badges from will-call does the person who purchases them have to pick them up or can someone else, provided they have the right information?

I believe you have to show an accepted form of ID to pick up badges from Will Call.

e2TtnRd.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Silly question, I can't remember from previous years. Do the bands play in the order they are listed in the description? As in on Friday, are The Protomen the 3rd band playing? There's a panel I want to see at 8:30pm, but don't want to miss them.

zmYaVYP.png
    Yes, bands play in the order listed in the schedule.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Flake wrote: »
    The purchaser has to be the person to pick them up, with their photo ID present.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    CtrlAltDft wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the merch booth at the main entrance will be open before the expo hall is open on Friday morning? I'm bringing some line games with me and I don't own a card mat so I'd like to buy the PAX mat before getting into the expo hall queue line.
    I believe they start selling things at 9am-ish. Don't quote me on that though.

• CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    CtrlAltDft wrote: »
    I believe they start selling things at 9am-ish. Don't quote me on that though.

I believe that's right. At least, that's what I remember from last year in the early merch pin line.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if ConcernedApe of Stardew Valley fame will have a booth or anything like that at PAX East? I couldn't find anything on the website.

I am bringing my fiance this time around and that's the one game I think he'd be interested in seeing a booth for.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    awww!

Thanks for that though!

• wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    Is just ID enough to pick up from will call? Do I need to bring my confirmation email/ID or anything like that?

ID and confirmation page that has the barcode on it.

• wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    The one with the QR code, right? If I can show it on my phone am I covered?

That is acceptable.

• goufcustardgoufcustard Registered User new member
    Is there a map of the exhibit hall online? I'm having trouble with the guidebook app and google is providing me with the older pax east maps.

• composetoedisoncomposetoedison Registered User new member
    Does anyone know how the Settler's tournament works this year at PAX East? I see "Settler's of Catan #1", "Settler's of Catan #2"..."Settler's of Catan #5" and one final Settler's of Catan on Sunday.

Are the first 5 qualifiers of some sort, with the one on Sunday being the final game?

• BHareBHare PAX East TTT Comisar Registered User new member
    Does anyone know how the Settler's tournament works this year at PAX East? I see "Settler's of Catan #1", "Settler's of Catan #2"..."Settler's of Catan #5" and one final Settler's of Catan on Sunday.

Are the first 5 qualifiers of some sort, with the one on Sunday being the final game?

Hi Composetoedison!

Sorry about the confusion!

Each of those Settlers of Catan events is its own full tournament. Each event caps at 16 players and will be followed immediately by a 4 player final. This is the same format for almost all of the Enforcer Run Tabletop Tournaments (with some notable exceptions).

If you have any other questions about the schedule let me know and I would be happy to answer them!

Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you at PAX!
    -BHare

• cmoboroughcmoborough Registered User new member
    Is there a floor plan anywhere? I need visuals!

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    cmoborough wrote: »
    Is there a floor plan anywhere? I need visuals!

https://guidebook.com/guide/60476/maps/

Go Nuts!

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • cmoboroughcmoborough Registered User new member
    Don't mind if i do :)

• senzubeanzsenzubeanz Registered User new member
    Anyone have any information about the Community vs. Community League of Legends games on the main stage. I'd love to sign up for that, but not really sure how that works.

• mtalmormtalmor Registered User regular
    Quick question - have the policies for the disability badge changed since last year? Are the forms different, for instance, or is there anything I need to present?

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    I've never stayed at the Westin before. Is the walkway open during certain hours? Last time I remember walking past it at 8 AM, it was jammed with people waiting to get in (this was 2012). Is everyone required to wait by the front entrance now?