As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoH/CoV] Chat: Big patch! Spring Fling event! ITT we plan Accualt's wedding.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, so doubling/tripling the size of the development team eh?

It sounds like NCSoft realized that TR is going to bomb and it's time to stop blowing hundreds of millions of reinventing the wheel.

I am happy to hear that they are getting that much beef added to their team. They might actually be able to develop as aggressively as Blizzard does and hopefully really go wild with the power sets and general PVE content.

I will be watching closely.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ringo wrote: »
    Mostly I'll wait for when they actually hire people. Right now it's, "Well we want this and we want that and we were thinking about Gear's mom...." which isn't really more than a bunch of hot air.

The talk that is, Gear's mom isn't that hot.

The true sign of recognition and respect in PA is when your mom somehow randomly enters a conversation you weren't even part of.

You have been OPed Robo.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Since nobody commented on my post last page about the interview, I figure some of you may have missed one particular bullet (maybe it's just cause Scoot hasn't shown up since the post :P).
    Positron wrote:
    One of the goals at the new studio is to hire a lot more Engineers to come in so that Bases can be worked on and fixed. Base Raiding, IoPs, everything is going to pushed to get working.

Well, I'm completely sold on the buyout

Honestly though, all of the devs have sounded so enthusiastic about the staffing boost my doubts have pretty much gone. I do kind of expect i12 will be delayed because of the time training new people and such, but I've actually got pretty high expectations other than that now.

Scooter on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Do we want to play the "what should NCSoft add/fix/change first?" game?

My vote: Revamp the contact system for Heroes, so there's less outleveling, earlier "Call" ability, less traveling between zones, and more reason to build up rep with each contact (ie, not just to buy overpriced SOs).

My close-second vote: Add more stuff to DO in bases. Policeband/Newspaper-style repeatable missions, Danger Room style challenge missions, minigames like a simple bowling game, Icon and WW/BM NPCs, etc.

Edit: Oh, and my third place request is front-end UI improvements: cursor in the password field automatically, rearrange/sort list of characters, display different costumes for each character, allow rotate/zoom in all directions in char select screen, add ability to perform emotes in char select screen (for screenshot/costume showoff purposes).

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Do we want to play the "what should NCSoft add/fix/change first?" game?

My vote: Revamp the contact system for Heroes, so there's less outleveling, earlier "Call" ability, less traveling between zones, and more reason to build up rep with each contact (ie, not just to buy overpriced SOs).

My close-second vote: Add more stuff to DO in bases. Policeband/Newspaper-style repeatable missions, Danger Room style challenge missions, minigames like a simple bowling game, Icon and WW/BM NPCs, etc..

What, actual missions in the Mission Computer. Surely you jest! ;-)

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    I was thinking today (shocking, I know), about the SG roster size increase in I11. Do we want to set a policy on how many characters a person can have in the main SG? At least two each seems like a natural, but do we want to go higher? Three seems reasonable. We could have fifty active members with three characters each in the main SG with the new limit of 150.

We might as well just let people add whoever the hell they want to the SGs and then continue to boot based on the last time played. I'd rather Scoot have 17 guys in the SG earning influence than a bunch of relatively inactive characters (like me :( ).
    Just don't ever boot Sonna, I don't want to have to hear about that one from her.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    I was thinking today (shocking, I know), about the SG roster size increase in I11. Do we want to set a policy on how many characters a person can have in the main SG? At least two each seems like a natural, but do we want to go higher? Three seems reasonable. We could have fifty active members with three characters each in the main SG with the new limit of 150.

We might as well just let people add whoever the hell they want to the SGs and then continue to boot based on the last time played. I'd rather Scoot have 17 guys in the SG earning influence than a bunch of relatively inactive characters (like me :( ).
    Just don't ever boot Sonna, I don't want to have to hear about that one from her.

That's why I've never booted her.

You don't mess with the boss's wife!

Scooter on
  • Options
    ProfessorPolycarpProfessorPolycarp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So poking everyone about the potential LRSF, since it was suggested for tonight. Nobody was organizing it exactly, and I think I only saw interest from 5 people total (myself, Acc, Scoot, Sieve, Cyber).

I've never done a LRSF before, but what we can do is have everyone go get Shivan and Nuke temp powers in the PvP zones (never done those quests either, but they don't look long) and get prepped. Even if we don't do it tonight, or we end up with a stalker and 7 brutes, we can probably win with insps, nukes and shivans.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I already have a fully-stocked Shivan on my Stalker. The Nukes are a different story though.

Wait, the LRSF was scheduled for tonight? I thought it was some other time like... not tonight. Because I have a date in like two and a half hours.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    A_ccualt wrote: »

That's why I've never booted her.

You don't mess with the boss's wife!

Genuine question here... is Sonna the only person without any alts in the SG? (Does she just have one character, beside the Squadie?)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    She has alts, I don't know what SG they're in.

Shivans are really easy to get...nukes not so easy, and only one use, I don't know if I'll bother with those.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    t Sieve: Don't worry about missing it, the Friday date was the only one 'suggested'. Which is why I was poking people. Since this wasn't really planned--more "yeah, that'd be cool"--I'll happily do it another day.

t Scoot: If we do LRSF with all melee the nukes are pretty much non-optional. Basically the shivan/nuke strategy keys off being able to kill a # of AVs quick. It's mostly about you surviving and keeping the Shivan up.
    Without Chemical Burn (maybe add Biological Mutagens since we probably have no vengance buffs either) it's pretty unlikely an all melee team can win.

But since I have no idea who has what 45-50s available, maybe we don't need them.
    If we have several Rad Corrs in range, or enough kins/debuffers to stack up then nukes are of course skippable.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well, I'm kinda planning on one tonight now, so. I guess anyone who wants to try one tonight, say 9 EST, we'll see what we can get...

Scooter on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there a better side? CoV or CoH? I'm looking to get into an MMO, and last time I tried to play CoH I didn't have a good computer.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If you buy CoH now, you get CoV, and vice versa.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But which is better to play?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Neither is intrinsically "better" to play than the other. I personally find some of the villain ATs more fun to play, but a lot fewer people play Villains, and the Villain zones tend to be a lot laggier.

It's a trade-off, and you just go with what looks like more fun.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    If you buy CoH now, you get CoV, and vice versa.

Actually, you only get the other for free if you bought one before they told everyone they would give them away for free. Of course, the only box they still make now is the GvE one, but just in case anyone finds an old one somewhere, or just buys a code.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I just went and bought the GvE edition. I figure that I can try both, plus I get the extra item thingies, and what have you. It was only 30 bucks on NCSoft's site.

Downloading the client now....see you all in-game....2 and a half hours from now :-\

Goose! on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I do want to do the SF, but it looks like I may have guests over tonight. But I still may be able to make it later though.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So, uh, what server are you all working from?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Server Is Virtue.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I read the OP :-D The Mighty Goose now counts himself among the faithful of Virtue.

So...add me plz? :D

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    OK, so LRSF was definitely a bust...next Friday then?

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I just got home to see your start time message. Err...not gonna make 9EST :P

But I'm up for next Friday. Perhaps we can get 8 interested people together by then.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    OK, so LRSF was definitely a bust...next Friday then?

Sounds good to me..next Friday 9est.

Wanna make a quote thingie for the hell of it Poly?

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What is LRSF and what level do you have to be for it?

And is anyone online now? (I'm @ Atlas Park)

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

It's the Lord Recluse Strike Force..villain side levels 45-50.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Be sure to join the global chat channel.

Lep on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I . . . think I'll be up for the LRSF for next Friday.

Not sure my schedule is going to be like though.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was going to hop on tonight but I managed to snag a copy of Mass Effect early. *fap, fap, fap*

And Sonna has other characters but none of them are in Allegory.
    I'll make sure to make it for Squadroneering on Sunday, btw. I'd actualyl really like to do the LRSF again sometime, I don't think I ever got to the last mission.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I just played through both sides a little bit. Think I like Heroes.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No reason not to play both, get one hero and one villain to level 5..get a jet pack for each and you are set to team with PA most of the time.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mighty Goose is a level 5 Tech/Scrapper. So, hope to play with you all soon. I'm going to bed for now though.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Posting this one final time before the TF tomorrow(technically today). Do not hesitate to add yourself even though we have 8. Some might not show and we can always get 2 teams going.

Saturday November 10th

Sara Moore TF
    <--Link

Where: The Shadow Shard with occasional missions back in Paragon City somewhere

When: Starting at 7est, 6cst, 5mst, 4pst and going until it is finished..it requires 8 to start but we may be fewer..if so we will borrow PAers or PuGers to start..hell the PuGers can come if they want I don't care. If you could park yourself in Cascade Archipelago near some Nemesis that would be great as the first mission is a Nemesis hunt there. We may start a few minutes later then those times due to trying to get 8 or what have you..be prepared for that.

What: 15 missions. 7 defeat all. 6 objective(could be hidden defeat all). 2 hunts. AV at the end. Mostly Nemesis/Rularuu with a smattering of CoT. This may be a bit off obviously. I have no idea how long this is but keep in mind we did a shard TF Ghost had said was 8 hours long in 3 1/2. So Ghost..let us know how long Sara Moore took you.

It is for levels 40-50 though we will need to work out the sk/mentor thing as there will be 50s.

Why: Because I am total badge whore..and I only have one left to do.

Who: Me...and you...

How: By the collective power of our massive dongs. If you don't have one..then you can count your bewbs.

I am giving a fair bit of advanced notice so you can plan a bit for it. It's 1 hour after scheme night so you can have a bit of a break before we start if you participate in that. Signups are below..do the whole quote thing..just quote the part below this not the entire post.

Sara Moore Signups

Character Name/Level/Archetype/What can you bring to this organization?
    1. Gear Girl/50/Blaster/Ambiguous Gender
    2. Alex Vaughny/41/Blaster/Recall Friend!
    3. Lime Tank/50/Tank/I like pain.
    4. Glaciater/50/Blaster/Level 50 mentor for above slacker
    5. Class Action/47/Scrapper/MA-Regen, the quality choice
    6. Mordrack/50/Controller/That sweet, sweet Speed Boost.
    7. Blau Maschine/40/Scrapper/You know you love shockwave
    8. Sieve/50/Scrapper/Broad Sword lolz. Also I can bring my 42 Defender if you need Mad Healz instead

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh God new powersets for melee characters? Weapon fucking customization?

I'm going to have to resubscribe god damn it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    edit: n/m

citizen059 on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, the weapon customization is making me hot and bothered. I have at least one character for who that could be dangerously awesome. I'm really feeling the itch to try going at EVE and CoX at the same time.

Also glad to see the team's getting bigger. I think NC is finally realizing that CoX is probably going to be their only major success given how Tabula Rasa seems to be a non-starter.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    They're also probably still licking their wounds from Auto Assault. Though even if Tabula Rasa is as big a bomb as AA, I don't see it getting cancelled, since it was developed by an NCSoft studio, and Richard Gariott's brother Rob is the CEO of NCSoft North America.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If NCsoft manages to launch two major failures in a year, to the point of cancelling, they'd be pretty fucked.

Scooter on
This discussion has been closed.