As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RIP Prince, 1958-2016

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy fuck! Nooooooo

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Reminder that Prince was ordered by the NFL to not use real guitars during his Halftime show due to downpouring rain and he said fuck off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    So what's a good Prince album, anyway?

A lot of them, but if you're looking for most of the iconic stuff, go for Purple Rain, 1999 and Sign o' the Times

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Apparently Apple Music only has two Prince albums. That's weird.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Whoa, this came out of nowhere

This really sucks :(

Sean Bean is also 57 this year, I AM FUCKING WATCHING YOU 2016, DON'T YOU DARE PULL ANY MORE SHIT

joshofalltrades on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I was just talking about Chyna and fucking hell if someone didn't tell me about this...

I when to a Prince concert in SC in 2011 and it was magical. I might have been the youngest person there. Best $200 I ever spent... FUCK 2016.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Apparently he was hospitalized in my hometown over the weekend, which is a pretty surreal addition to this whole thing

YOU DID THIS

THIS IS YOUR FAULT

Oh cool, apparently what this means is that I get third-hand gossip from local ambulance drivers about what REALLY happened

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Goddamnit

Fuck All The Things

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Spotify doesn't have a great collection either.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

This is my favorite Prince performance of all time

My favorite part is Dhani Harrison's obvious glee at sharing the stage with Prince and Tom Petty.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    When Doves Cry is probably the quintessential Prince song for me, so Purple Rain is definitely my go-to.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Two whole albums, huh

They're got a downright treasure trove

6F32U1X.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Prince was one of the greatest musicians that ever lived. This really really blows

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Wooow... just wow. :(

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Whoa, this came out of nowhere

This really sucks :(

Sean Bean is also 57 this year, I AM FUCKING WATCHING YOU 2016, DON'T YOU DARE PULL ANY MORE SHIT

Man if Sean Bean died nobody would believe the headlines were real for a while.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Zonugal wrote: »

Spotify doesn't have a great collection either.

I think he moved all his stuff to Tidal

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Man, I wasn't even a fan of his music but I always liked him. This is shitty news :(

JtgVX0H.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

google play has more but not all of the best ones.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Prince was pretty particular about the availability of his music from what I understand.

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, I'm going to edit this right out. We'd been discussing it a few days ago on a different website and I remembered that horrible factoid. 2016 is brutal.

Robonun on
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I've never actually listened to Prince.

Which is probably a bad thing, since I know he's good!

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/paul_r90/media/Pics/ComputerBlue.mp4.html

Clip from the movie: http://www.jukebo.com/prince/music-clip,computer-blue,x088xv.html

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Jesus.

This year is gonna go down in history.. I think back to how American Pie referenced that plane crash that took away all those artists in the 60's (70s?).. this year is gonna be remembered like that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    removed

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Prince was pretty particular about the availability of his music from what I understand.

Yeah, I'm not really surprised. He was a weird dude!

• balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    2016 is not a good year for androgynous pop icons

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you want Prince's stuff you're gonna have to go old school and find some CDs

Or better yet, records

Damn, I only have Purple Rain on vinyl. I know this sounds kinda grim but I think I need to get to the record stores tomorrow before his stuff starts going at a premium

I'm going to struggle with this for awhile... Prince was one of the best.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    CglOK4qW4AEXrtg.jpg:large

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Athenor wrote: »
    Jesus.

This year is gonna go down in history.. I think back to how American Pie referenced that plane crash that took away all those artists in the 60's (70s?).. this year is gonna be remembered like that.

The Year the Music Died.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm impressed that prince got on twitter early enough to snag that username

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Jesus.

The Year the Music Died.

More than Music. Everything died this year. Alan Rickman, David Bowie, Chyna, Dan Haggerty (Grizzly Adams), Doris Roberts, and now Prince. 2016 is the Grim Reaper of Years.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I'm impressed he was able to change his icon after he died

JtgVX0H.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

he probably got it after the fact, by asking someone and them acquiescing because it's prince

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I'm crying in class.
    Fuck everything.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    Terrible news what an amazing artist lost way too soon.

Darmak wrote: »

I'm impressed he was able to change his icon after he died

According to other comments on that post the change happened a few weeks ago, not today.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• number13number13 Registered User regular
    This is unbelievable.

2w3e5cp.jpg