As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

18910111214»

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The Westin skybridge will only open after 10:30 or so. Before then everyone is required to enter through the main entrance of the building.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • hsuhsu Registered User regular
    What the hell is up with the line to get in this year? It's like 1000 times worse than last year.

iTNdmYl.png
  • PainePaine Registered User regular
    Does anyone know of a booth selling art? Like, stuff to put on your walls.

6nOrszL.png
  • coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    hsu wrote: »
    What the hell is up with the line to get in this year? It's like 1000 times worse than last year.

They shrunk the queue room. It's probably about the same as last year, just in a different place.

EDIT: JESUS, I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.

coflropter on
    VEIYCZd.png
    Wowz! The BCEC WiFi is so much better this year!

VEIYCZd.png
  • jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    coflropter wrote: »
    Wowz! The BCEC WiFi is so much better this year!

Soooooooooo much better!

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Probably as 50% if people are still in the queue outside

• PainePaine Registered User regular
    Probably as 50% if people are still in the queue outside

Wait, what? There's still an outside line at 11:45? When should I show up tomorrow if I want to see a 10:30 panel?

6nOrszL.png
    Just as I went into a panel at 11, the queue between the westin and the BCEC went from the street, about 1/4 of the way down the building on the westin side, then back up to the front of the BCEC to join the back of the security queue. I wasn't in it, so I've no idea how long it actually took, but you probably want to allow at least some extra time.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
  • FITorionFITorion Registered User regular
    None of the Streams on the twitch channel Pax3 have been archived there... Have they been archived somewhere else or are they lost to the aether? wanted to watch the Gosh Darn Fiasco Panel.

• elementalstorm23elementalstorm23 Registered User new member
    FITorion wrote: »
    None of the Streams on the twitch channel Pax3 have been archived there... Have they been archived somewhere else or are they lost to the aether? wanted to watch the Gosh Darn Fiasco Panel.

It seems we had some tech issues with PAX3 yesterday, I have some emails sent in to see if we can find these but they may be lost to the great beyond and I apologize for this, I can assure you for the rest of the weekend everything else will be highlighted to be watched at your convenience... if you need to strike me down for this I understand :P

• FunnelKing27FunnelKing27 Registered User regular
    Those numbers from Khoo just dont make sense. If that was the case we should have been in 4x faster than last year. It took at least 20x longer than i have ever waited, and i showed up at 10:30 like suggested.
    Heres to hoping they can make it even just a little better for today and sunday.

• dwwhite90dwwhite90 Registered User new member
    Does PAX East have a place to lock up or check in bags/coats?

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Those numbers from Khoo just dont make sense. If that was the case we should have been in 4x faster than last year. It took at least 20x longer than i have ever waited, and i showed up at 10:30 like suggested.
    Heres to hoping they can make it even just a little better for today and sunday.

Some guy.
  • BinaryPieBinaryPie Registered User regular
    dwwhite90 wrote: »
    Does PAX East have a place to lock up or check in bags/coats?

There are a number of coat checks around the building. I haven't used them this year, so I couldn't tell you exact locations. Pretty sure they're $3 (cash only) per item.

You know, I love PAX. I've been evey year for the past few years.

But did something about this year feel different? I feel like some of the PAX magic was gone this year. Sure the games were great, the tabletop area was fantastic as always, but something felt like it was missing.

Though maybe that was because of the person I went with, or the fact that I had a broken ankle.

Anyone else feel this way?

VEIYCZd.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular

But did something about this year feel different? I feel like some of the PAX magic was gone this year. Sure the games were great, the tabletop area was fantastic as always, but something felt like it was missing.

Though maybe that was because of the person I went with, or the fact that I had a broken ankle.

I feel there were not as many exciting panels this year. Still had a blast.

Anyone know the dates for 2017? The BCEC doesn't list them, but I know they are pretty much all set. Saw a list on reddit of the dates of all East for like a decade, but their source doesn't confirm the info they have.

zmYaVYP.png
    a0aucxwbe3d9.png

I feel there were not as many exciting panels this year. Still had a blast.

Anyone know the dates for 2017? The BCEC doesn't list them, but I know they are pretty much all set. Saw a list on reddit of the dates of all East for like a decade, but their source doesn't confirm the info they have.

Looks like mid-april. There's a gap where nothing is listed. That's usually PAX

VEIYCZd.png
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    You have to be careful, remember, PAX East could be in March as well (although I do fantasize, weather wise, about having another great one like this one was).

March looks full though. All the weekends seemed to be booked.

VEIYCZd.png
  • goldrangergoldranger Registered User regular
    March looks full though. All the weekends seemed to be booked.

That site you took a snapshot of lists conventions for both the BCEC and the Hynes convention centers. The ones in blue are at the Hynes, so they are irrelevant. Looks like there a bunch of potential weekends in both March and April.

Ah, well. I missed that! Thanks for the correction!

VEIYCZd.png
    The actual time required by PAX is more than the weekend though. Setup is ususlly at least 3 to 4 days, with 1 to 2 days tear down. That leaves 1 weekend in March and one in April.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    i really hope it is the march date as if its the april date i may not be able to do it

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    looking up the history all but 1 year its gone march april march aprl so on so fourth so imo it will be march next year

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    And PAX East 2016 is over! Please direct show feedback to the appropriate stickied thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204676/constructive-feedback-east-2016

• millerm277millerm277 Registered User regular
    Looks like mid-april. There's a gap where nothing is listed. That's usually PAX

4/17/17 is Marathon Monday. That pretty much rules out PAX happening on 4/14-4/16 in 2017, or any other large scale event involving crowds from out of town for that matter. And if was to be that weekend....you would see hotel rates that make NYC on New Year's Eve look reasonable, and that'd be if you could get a room.

I'd consider it more likely that they decide to hold PAX literally any other weekend than that one.

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Yes, Marathon Weekend hotel rooms are usually booked a full year (if not farther) in advance. Khoo has said in the past that scheduling PAX East is a job in itself as they have to juggle the weather, doing their best not to conflict with other cons (not just Anime Boston but also other cons in the region), and avoiding Marathon weekend at pretty much all costs. And St. Patrick's day weekend is also a no-go... local politcos roast each other in the Main Theater over breakfast on St. Patrick's day, and the parade on the Sunday closest turns South Boston into an almost literal zoo.

JfqWFk8.png
  • tofulynntofulynn FloridaRegistered User regular
    I missed out on purchasing a PAX East 2016 shirt from the merchandise store. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    tofulynn wrote: »
    I missed out on purchasing a PAX East 2016 shirt from the merchandise store. Does anyone know where I can buy one?
    You can't, they are show exclusive.