As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boomRegistered User regular
edited May 2016 in Social Entropy++
VcNF4T8.jpg

liEt3nH.png
I needed anime to post. on

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    These statues in the Grand Archives...

dN0T6ur.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    These statues in the Grand Archives...

Ah, our glorious winged angels

liEt3nH.png
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Greirat q
    So I jist sent Greirat to iryhl, do I have to find his sorry ass before I fight the iryhl boss?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Also concerning the first boss of Lothric Castle
    Those flying Bed of Chaos-looking dudes sure were throwing some high-level pyromancy at me, and died super hard when the armor fell

dN0T6ur.png
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Greirat q
    So I jist sent Greirat to iryhl, do I have to find his sorry ass before I fight the iryhl boss?
    you won't be able to find him

someone else has to find him or else he dies there

if you've met Siegward in Irithyll and you haven't been into the Irithyll dungeon yet, then Siegward will save him and he'll come back when you beat the boss there

alternately: if someone else still has Siegward's armor set, they'll put on his armor and go save Greirat, but they won't be able to do that if you don't tell them where he went

• TravanTravan Registered User regular
    Untended graves boss is the raddest shit ever

Gamertag- Travan7838

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I love the armor set you get off that boss

(screenshot from the ending cutscene showing off the armor)
    0kUMBIw.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • TravanTravan Registered User regular
    I want to duel this dude with every weapon type

Gamertag- Travan7838

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    re: boreal valley
    FUCK BOREAL VALLEY
    THESE STUPID KNIGHTS DO SO MUCH DAMAGE AND ARE HARD TO DODGE AND BREAK YOUR GUARD IN 1-2 HITS AND ARE A PAIN TO PULL SOLO AND THEN YOU HAVE TO FIGHT A COUPLE OF REALLY STRONG CASTERS WITH A BUNCH OF TOUGH FODDER RUNNING INTERFERENCE FOR THEM AND THEN MORE KNIGHTS PATROL INTO YOU HUALGHAULGUHALGHUALGUHALUGHKLAGUHALUGHL

I have not died to regular enemies this much since like... the fucking undead burg the first time I played DS1, or maybe the skeleton level in demon's souls

BahamutZERO.gif
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

As a frequent Sunbro myself, that ain't right, dude

IKknkhU.gif
    Whew pontiff was a damn fun fight. He dead.

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Why are whips so slow? Their weapon art is the only thing that actually feels like a proper whip attack.

Because reach + fast attack would be a nightmare in pvp

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    DS1 Update: This is a whole lot of game. I'm finally free of the horrors of Lost Izalith and all I got was this stupid Lordsoul. And Chaos Fire Whip, which is alright I guess. Decided to head back to the spooky forest that I partially explored earlier. I opened a tomb and played pin the chaos fireball on the bandit, then found out what Koromaru has been doing since Ken fucked off to high school. This place was a lot of fun, tons of invasions and just a cool atmosphere. Spent some time grinding here to upgrade my ascended Pyromancy Flame (I love that the name of your upgraded, super advanced Pyromancy Flame is..... also Pyromancy Flame), then worked my way down and took out the hyrdra in a very annoying fight (why is there a barely visible bottomless pit in this water?). After an aborted detour through the Valley of the Drakes (hmm it sure would be funny if this dragon wasn't actually deahhhhhhhhhh!), I decided to take my chances in the land of shitty ghosts instead. I can already tell this place is going to be hella annoying what with the enemies hiding in walls and more narrow walkways and such. At least it isn't orange.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I beat a ton of bosses tonight, progress, cleared
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

FUCK BOREAL VALLEY
    THESE STUPID KNIGHTS DO SO MUCH DAMAGE AND ARE HARD TO DODGE AND BREAK YOUR GUARD IN 1-2 HITS AND ARE A PAIN TO PULL SOLO AND THEN YOU HAVE TO FIGHT A COUPLE OF REALLY STRONG CASTERS WITH A BUNCH OF TOUGH FODDER RUNNING INTERFERENCE FOR THEM AND THEN MORE KNIGHTS PATROL INTO YOU HUALGHAULGUHALGHUALGUHALUGHKLAGUHALUGHL

I have not died to regular enemies this much since like... the fucking undead burg the first time I played DS1, or maybe the skeleton level in demon's souls

my first time through that area, i got stuck where you are, gave up on fighting everything legitimately, and ended up just running past all the enemies to the next bonfire

Barcardi wrote: »
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?
    You can get at them from a better angle if you drop down from the bridge

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Is a sunbro not entitled to the sweat of his brow

PNk1Ml4.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    FUCK BOREAL VALLEY

my first time through that area, i got stuck where you are, gave up on fighting everything legitimately, and ended up just running past all the enemies to the next bonfire

finally got through it, in the future I'll probably just run by everything yeah. Strange how both the area immediately preceding this sequence and the areas after it are much easier.

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited April 2016
    boreal valley spoilers

man walking into 'the lords house' after coming in through the sewer was a damn cool moment. Lighting was awesome and all the huge painting was a massive nostalgia trip for me.

It seems like the pontiff and aldrich worked together to steal the power of the gods or something? Aldrich has started to be referred to as 'eater of the gods' now, which seems like a pretty cool title.

The rafters of the church after the pontiff was pretty dumb. ANOR LONDO ARCHERS TO THE XTREEEEM

NPC spoilers, boreal valley level progression
    Seems like I broke patches out of my game. When I get to the cathedral of the deep and had the guy trying to trick me, I thought it was a hollowed it Seigward so I didn't want to betray him. So I ended up dropping down to the other side of the bridge without triggering the event. This made who I now realize was patches disapear and he ain't never showed up in Firelink.

Also greirat is dead I guess.

Siri doesn't like me cause I joined the fingers

Anri is dead because I didn't kill her fat buddy and he killed her.

Seigward is dead because I freaked out when he ran into fight the demon and got killed.

Yoel is dead because he drew out my true strength.

Yuria left because I cured the dark sigil

I'm tempted to give the nun the cursed Londor book but I'm like 99% sure that will result in her dying.

have I already gone past the 'female pyromancer trainer' that the quelana pyromancy tome mentions or is that further on?

DodgeBlan on

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The female pyromancy trainer is in Irythll Dungeon, though you'll need to have reached the Profaned Capitol before you can unlock her

She's actually rather late in the game, all told

liEt3nH.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    -Tal wrote: »
    Is a sunbro not entitled to the sweat of his brow

No, says the man at the bonfire,

If you wanted anything you would have put your sign outside the boss room.

Lalabox on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Late game hidden area
    If you leave a message at Firelink, it shows up in the same spot in Untended Graves but it looks like someone else wrote it.

Hmmm...

broken image link
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I purple invaded all day yesterday. I went maybe 25 times, scraped out 10 wins.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    @Grey Ghost Regarding that black knight
    If you go up onto the balcony beside where he is standing, you can drop down at the very end of it, far enough away to not aggro him.This'll let you get the two items behind him safely, a Dex weapon and an ember for Andre. Them you can either homeward bone or just book it past him.

X22wmuF.jpg
    you can't trust props like barrels or statues because any one of them could be a camouflaged invader

that white phantom's here to help, right? nope, it's an invader using the white ring to disguise themselves

there's nothing in this room but a piece of rubble that's barely waist-high? the invader was using a gesture to lie prone behind it until you turned your back

trying to clear out the mobs and make a safe zone to fight the invader? hope it doesn't take you too long to realize that one of those monsters is the invader, wearing that enemy's armor set and using the dark ring to look like they aren't a phantom

you are the invader, and you're using a group the monsters in the host's world as cover? good job surrounding yourself with mobs so that the host could turn them all hostile to you with a seed of a tree of giants

but those transparent player ghosts that randomly pop in and out of the world - at least those are safe, right? right??

of course they aren't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpurtahtnu0

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    You can play Dark Souls however you want, thats the joy. Be courteous, be discourteous - no one's keeping count but yourself. Well, yourself and the Goddess of Sin, depending what you do.

I don't see the use of wanting to be discourteous but say you're not being. You know what you did.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Which way should I go first from Irythill?

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I suspect I may have accidentally advanced seigward too far and possibly doomed greirat?

This npc shit is so dumb

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Yeah I was getting puzzled as to why I hadn't seen Anri in the catacombs at all, I'd definitely spoken to him at the shrine. Had a look at what you're supposed to do with the quest and just threw my hands up at the lot of it. I might do a specific run, or I might just read all the NPC quest details and leave it at that. Also it appears I sadly doomed Yoel, poor little guy. Further, Greirat has asked me to go out pillaging approximately 30 times and as far as I can tell has never actually done so.

Stilts wrote: »
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

As a frequent Sunbro myself, that ain't right, dude

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Fuck. This. Dungeon.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    couldn't you just summon non-sunbros if you don't want to let them help with the boss?

Fearghaill wrote: »
    couldn't you just summon non-sunbros if you don't want to let them help with the boss?

I will usually try but as previously stated because of how covenents work in this game I have seen maybe a total of 10 white signs the entire time I've been playing (that are non-npc). There are almost no white phantoms going around, there is literally no incentive to be a white phantom.

And also if I'm summoning you in front of the boss we are doing the boss

But if you put your sign nowhere near the boss then I'm not doing the boss

Uriel wrote: »
    Fuck. This. Dungeon.

The dungeon sucks and also is horrifying

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Dungeon is fucking awful.

Man, I really want to try my two hand dex build. Gotta finish this char soon.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Jesus

The estoc is a hell of a thing on a dex build

I should've started as an assassin, they get that thing right off the fucking bat

I still really like the great scythe though, that thing staggers like a motherfucker and doesn't use nearly as much stamina as you'd think!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if this Demon Axe is good, but I do know that it is rad

Although holy moly do I ever have some upgrade remorse, I guess there's a finite amount of titanite scales in every play through huh?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »

I don't know exactly what happened...but...
    I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

btw, if you want to get creeped out, make sure you look UP in that zone.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    The female pyromancy trainer is in Irythll Dungeon, though you'll need to have reached the Profaned Capitol before you can unlock her

She's actually rather late in the game, all told

Well to be fair the stuff you need her for is all really high level requirements.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
This discussion has been closed.