As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    but those transparent player ghosts that randomly pop in and out of the world - at least those are safe, right? right??

of course they aren't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpurtahtnu0

Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home from work tonight.

Holy shit
    This is great
    What's the required INT for hidden body?
    I want to say 15? Certainly not higher than 15. And there's a late-game ring that gives +5.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    webber wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I beat a ton of bosses tonight, progress, cleared
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

I don't know exactly what happened...but...
    I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

btw, if you want to get creeped out, make sure you look UP in that zone.

the way you're "supposed" to do that section is to
    drop off the bridge onto the lower level, loop around the dragons, and attack them in the clearly-indicated weak point

although i doubt it's any faster to do it the regular way than to do it the way you did it

I really don't understand why they both die. It's super weird.

Same thing happened to me. I just figured they must share health?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I'm in the Blue Sentinel's and don't really ever engage with anything that faction has to offer but I feel like every single time I ember up I get invaded and murdered and

I really don't enjoy that at all and think it actively detracts from my game experience?

Is my faction causing that? Do I need to change to Sunbros? I don't really enjoy PvP and hate wasting an Ember getting killed by some dude lagging everywhere.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    webber wrote: »
    The giant, which was a super cool fight once i figured out what was going on. Then I finally went back and beat the Anor Lando boss and that guy is just a jerk, eating other gods and whatnot. Then somehow i beat the dancer and i still dont know how I did that, it was so damn hard.

Now two dragons? Is there a cool non arrow from a distance way to kill these guys?

I got to this area yesterday. I saw the two dragons and said...welp...I need more arrows. So i went back to firelink, loaded up on arrows and came back. I found a spot i could hit the rightmost dragon (in the butt area) and do a tick of damage, and started shooting. after about a dozen shots, both dragons suddenly died. I dont know why. I did not get any souls from them, so i think its an event that occurs.

drop off the bridge onto the lower level, loop around the dragons, and attack them in the clearly-indicated weak point

although i doubt it's any faster to do it the regular way than to do it the way you did it

I really don't understand why they both die. It's super weird.

Same thing happened to me. I just figured they must share health?
    They both get afflicted by the weird black Manus-y shit, which I guess kills them? The white one has it too, but I didn't see it until I looked down from later in the zone.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    I'm in the Blue Sentinel's and don't really ever engage with anything that faction has to offer but I feel like every single time I ember up I get invaded and murdered and

I really don't enjoy that at all and think it actively detracts from my game experience?

Is my faction causing that? Do I need to change to Sunbros? I don't really enjoy PvP and hate wasting an Ember getting killed by some dude lagging everywhere.

No, it'll happen any time you go embered in an area where the boss is still alive regardless of what covenant you're in.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

As a frequent Sunbro myself, that ain't right, dude

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

There's not much to disagree about

People have told you they find the thing you do discourteous and kinda mean

Even if the act isn't inherently impolite, continuing to do something you know will annoy others after they have asked you to stop is

Ya donk

I mean I disagree that accepting a sunbros help for something other than a boss is somehow evil or nefarious, that is very weird to me

I don't disagree that other people think it is, that is of course their right

But I'm likely going to keep doing it because I don't see anything wrong with it

I will not disagree that I am a Donk though, that is accurate

This is the same argument people who don't tip use.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    I just back from work to discover @Chincymcchilla being horribly wrong about how you treat Sunbros

As a frequent Sunbro myself, that ain't right, dude

Agree to disagreeeeeeee

I mean

There's not much to disagree about

People have told you they find the thing you do discourteous and kinda mean

Even if the act isn't inherently impolite, continuing to do something you know will annoy others after they have asked you to stop is

Ya donk

I mean I disagree that accepting a sunbros help for something other than a boss is somehow evil or nefarious, that is very weird to me

I don't disagree that other people think it is, that is of course their right

But I'm likely going to keep doing it because I don't see anything wrong with it

I will not disagree that I am a Donk though, that is accurate

This is the same argument people who don't tip use.

Okay

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I got summoned in as a wolf invader for the first time ever last night. Managed to spawn in and then immediately got booted back to my world. Guess they died or killed themselves or something.

... I don't understand what the argument is. If there's a summon sign down in a spot that's not next to the boss then how is that person expecting to fight the boss if not going through the level with their host? It's also likely that they'll get summoned by someone who hasn't actually been to the boss yet, in which case there's no way for them to know how to go directly there.

You want to fight just the boss put your sign by the boss door, you want to do the level put your sign somewhere in the level.

Black separation crystalling is a dick move any time, unless it's done because of a bug or whatever.

i super don't get how dismissing co op people is a dick move

i really, really don't get why y'all are so insistent about this

Aistan wrote: »
    ... I don't understand what the argument is. If there's a summon sign down in a spot that's not next to the boss then how is that person expecting to fight the boss if not going through the level with their host? It's also likely that they'll get summoned by someone who hasn't actually been to the boss yet, in which case there's no way for them to know how to go directly there.

You want to fight just the boss put your sign by the boss door, you want to do the level put your sign somewhere in the level.

Black separation crystalling is a dick move any time, unless it's done because of a bug or whatever.

That last part is the argument.

edited April 2016

That last part is the argument.

But as far as I have seen no one has actually argued that last part. Everyone has agreed that black crystalling is a jerk thing to do.

E: nm then I guess it has been argued. Weird.

Aistan on

Because they don't get their ember or sun bro medal for helping you out and you essentially wasted their time. It's especially lame if they put down their sign early in the level because they want to help out with more than the boss and then you boot em out because you find a specific item or something.

They can't kill you, and it's pretty damn hard for them to actually hinder you. Just let them stick around.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    For anyone just tuning in, the argument is that it isn't a dick move to black separation Crystal just before a boss fog wall, after being helped through a level because you have provided the sunbro with the pleasure of your company in lieu of compensation.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1

Because they don't get their ember or sun bro medal for helping you out and you essentially wasted their time. It's especially lame if they put down their sign early in the level because they want to help out with more than the boss and then you boot em out because you find a specific item or something.

They can't kill you, and it's pretty damn hard for them to actually hinder you. Just let them stick around.

But I'm not always going to fight the boss

Sometimes I'm there to do a specific thing and then like

Go to bed, or eat, or go to a different zone and do something else

I'm not somehow required to do the entire zone because you put your sign at a bonfire

Again, if you wanna fight the boss, put your sign at the boss door

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Okay but if I only need the help with the one thing and then want to keep exploring on my own I don't see the problem with dismissing co-op partners after that

KetBra wrote: »
    For anyone just tuning in, the argument is that it isn't a dick move to black separation Crystal just before a boss fog wall, after being helped through a level because you have provided the sunbro with the pleasure of your company in lieu of compensation.

this is absolutely not what the argument is

People have been saying I'm a jerk for using summons to help with other parts of the level and then disconnecting

I have never done the thing you just described

Okay but if I only need the help with the one thing and then want to keep exploring on my own I don't see the problem with dismissing co-op partners after that

It's not illegal or anything but the people you are doing it to may consider it rude.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1

yeah no this is not what chincy's been arguing from the start

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Actually it is illegal and the police are coming and they're bringing extra dogs

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor

People have been saying I'm a jerk for using summons to help with other parts of the level and then disconnecting

That was the original statement by wyborn. What you're doing is functionally equivalent anyways.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1

But I'm not always going to fight the boss

Sometimes I'm there to do a specific thing and then like

Go to bed, or eat, or go to a different zone and do something else

I'm not somehow required to do the entire zone because you put your sign at a bonfire

Needing to quit is one thing but you made it sound like you just get your thing then dismiss them even though you're gonna progress

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    This is basically the same argument as when Vsove complained about people who summon others just to gank them and waste their time

And people in the thread got really upset that he would even dare to think that the behavior of those angels of lights was slightly dickish

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

because if they're on the sunbro covenant then they probably want to fight the boss for a sun medal, and didn't put their sign right at the boss door because they wanted to be there for people who also needed help getting to the boss

if you dismiss them you got them to help you without letting them earn their covenant piece

if it's a white phantom then whatever, obviously they're down for whatever you're down for

That was the original statement by wyborn. What you're doing is functionally equivalent anyways.

oh my god no it isnt at all

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

What if... you want to help someone get to the boss from the bonfire, and then fight the boss?

People who get summoned want to do the whole thing though, so if they get kicked out it feels like you're saying "thanks for the help, sucker". It's an issue of expectations. The host dying, them dying, or the boss getting killed at the end are really the only three results that a summon expects to happen. Kicking them out feels like it comes out of nowhere, because they can't know ahead of time that you only want to do this one thing.

because if they're on the sunbro covenant then they probably want to fight the boss for a sun medal, and didn't put their sign right at the boss door because they wanted to be there for people who also needed help getting to the boss

if you dismiss them you got them to help you without letting them earn their covenant piece

if it's a white phantom then whatever, obviously they're down for whatever you're down for

idk

if you want a medal, throw your sign at the door

if you wanna help me make progress and throw your sign near the bonfire, i'm not gonna feel bad about dismissing you

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So...

That untrue white ring and hidden body sorcery thing is Nito.

DouglasDanger on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I love you all, but this is why America is failing

What if... you want to help someone get to the boss from the bonfire, and then fight the boss?

I mean that's fine!

but I don't think you can get mad at a host for not wanting to do that

There isn't really a tool in the game to state your intentions for why you are summoning

this keeps coming up

are other people actually seeing white phantoms

this legit has not been an option for me

One time in DS2 I got summoned at a boss door and the host kicked me and sent me a psn message "ur ugly"

I was indeed pretty ugly

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

People who get summoned want to do the whole thing though, so if they get kicked out it feels like you're saying "thanks for the help, sucker". It's an issue of expectations. The host dying, them dying, or the boss getting killed at the end are really the only three results that a summon expects to happen. Kicking them out feels like it comes out of nowhere, because they can't know ahead of time that you only want to do this one thing.

I think this is kind of the crux of it, theres no way to communicate what you're planning on doing

edited April 2016
    Fighting the boss is always the expected success state of someone who puts down their white soapstone sign. It's the only success state the game supports. Dark Souls 2 had the small soapstone which did the mechanic of having the person only be in for a few enemy kills before they got their reward and went back home, and I kind of wish it was still around.

Black separation crystalling is a fail state for the summon, and unlike the host or the summon dying it's a fail state that the host directly causes. Of course they'll be kind of annoyed.

Aistan on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

I mean that's fine!

but I don't think you can get mad at a host for not wanting to do that

There isn't really a tool in the game to state your intentions for why you are summoning

Right, I don't think anyone is getting mad just... let's say mildly miffed. A bit peeved. Slightly crestfallen would be the most appropriate term, maybe.

Man I forgot about the small soapstone from DS2, that thing was great, you were in and out quick and your humanity got restored too

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    i had basically cleared out the aldritch faithful pvp zone when I got invaded by an aldritcher. I was half health and had no estus so I was like FUUCK that and ran back to the starting zone to summon help.

the only 'help' I could find was a mound maker, so I summoned him and prayed to the gods he would help me kill the invader. He didn't. He attacked me! How rude.

I was happy with the aldritcher killing me because that's his job but I didn't want the mound maker getting MY vertebrae shackle when he had so rudely violated my request for help. So I made the mound maker and the aldritcher chase my around the map for 20 minutes.

Then I remembered that enemies could kill mound makers so I activate the giants and ran around them for 5 minutes. The mound maker died. I died shortly after, so ho probably still got the vertebrae shackle but I'm going to declare it a Moral Victory.

I ask you, who is the real bad guy in this situation?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    double post. sorry about the spoilers, forum seems to be ignoring spoiler text sometimes lately.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I dunno, it literally was like 10-12 arrows before they went goodbye. it was very quick and i was left wondering what the hell happened. I dont think i was hitting the thing that your suppose to hit, and the life bar didnt go to zero or anything.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited April 2016
    small soapstone is gone and as far as I can tell there's no reason to be a white phantom

It makes it basically impossible for me to tell what the expectation of the person I'm summoning is because every single sign is a sun bro sign

So I'm assuming that if you're by the boss that's what you're there for, but you're up for anything if youre at the bonfire

I feel bad if people don't get what they want, but I don't feel bad for doing it because the game does not give me a way to communicate what I'm doing and there's no real way for the summonee to communicate what they want either

If I am a monster for not doing a boss every time I summon someone I guess I'm a monster

Chincymcchilla on
This discussion has been closed.