As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    You're not a monster, you're just doing something outside the summons' expectation. If they are by the boss they are expecting to fight the boss, if they are somewhere in the level they are expecting to do the level and fight the boss. When expectations aren't met there's disappointment.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would agree that the vast majority of players are putting down their signs with the goal of getting to the boss and getting an ember (and medallion), and getting to the boss then disconnecting or dismissing them is a bit rude/exploitive.

But I mean, it's just a few minutes of their time, they probably got some souls out of it, zero risk - it's not that bad. It's annoying but then they put down a sign and do another run. Hardly ruining their day.

It's worse when someone summons you, is nowhere to be found, and then crystals you out. Why did they bother? God.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Man I forgot about the small soapstone from DS2, that thing was great, you were in and out quick and your humanity got restored too

small soapstone was great, the host could get help for a specific part of a level and the summon was guaranteed to get something useful between the unhollowing and the crow stone

sotfs even added a few npc small sign shades in longer levels who'd show you useful tricks, like the guy who really loves lighting up no man's wharf

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I continue to be dissappointed that I feel like they pulled basically all the cool additions from 2 out of the game

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Hey in dark souls what happens of you quit the game and you're not at a bonfire? Does it remember where you were or just put you back at the most recent bonfire you rested at?

It occurs to me I have never quit without either having just been killed or having run back to a bonfire

2x39jD4.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Man I forgot about the small soapstone from DS2, that thing was great, you were in and out quick and your humanity got restored too

small soapstone was great, the host could get help for a specific part of a level and the summon was guaranteed to get something useful between the unhollowing and the crow stone

sotfs even added a few npc small sign shades in longer levels who'd show you useful tricks, like the guy who really loves lighting up no man's wharf

Man those additional NPCs gave me a couple really strange turns, that guy you mention specifically freaked me out when he started lighting the place up, I had to stand and stare at him motionless for thirty seconds to make sure he wasn't real

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Hey in dark souls what happens of you quit the game and you're not at a bonfire? Does it remember where you were or just put you back at the most recent bonfire you rested at?

It occurs to me I have never quit without either having just been killed or having run back to a bonfire

you are right where you were

it sort of functions as the games pause

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Other than a few token character references it feels like they basically ignored 2 entirely, and that sucks because 2 is pretty great.

2 made me want to find out what happens next, and 3 says "lol another cycle". Hopefully any DLC they make expands on it a bit.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I killed some dude named George Zimmerman last night. Felt good.

Maximum wrote: »
    I killed some dude named George Zimmerman last night. Felt good.

woof

• 101101 Registered User regular
    I'm not feeling this whole miracle thing. Gonna go back to my ng+ character and pick up the club. That thing looks fun

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    One weird invasion thing that happened yesterday was I put down my summon sign outside of crystal sage and as I was waiting to be summoned (already beat sage, wanted to get some more souls to level) I was invaded, couldn't go through the fog since I already beat the boss. I thought beating a boss meant invasions couldn't happen, but is that area not tied to the sage?

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    101 wrote: »
    I'm not feeling this whole miracle thing. Gonna go back to my ng+ character and pick up the club. That thing looks fun

it unfortunately takes too long for miracles to get properly good, and they made lightning bolt kinda bad, so its not like it was in DS2 where just having lightning bolt gets you a few free boss kills

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    That area is a gimmick area. The watchdogs of farron can invade at anytime

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Real Dark Soul's players know that the only real way to heal yourself is by drinking your beer.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Peccavi wrote: »
    One weird invasion thing that happened yesterday was I put down my summon sign outside of crystal sage and as I was waiting to be summoned (already beat sage, wanted to get some more souls to level) I was invaded, couldn't go through the fog since I already beat the boss. I thought beating a boss meant invasions couldn't happen, but is that area not tied to the sage?

That area is a pvp zone, like the forest in DS1 or the bell towers in DS2. You can be invaded there by people in that covenant any time you're embered, boss dead or not.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Real Dark Soul's players know that the only real way to heal yourself is by drinking your beer.

Time for soup.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Purples can invade there too.

It's such a huge area, it can be quite the hunt!

You can actually run all the way through the stinky gross shitpit bog down below too.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I think killing both Crystal Sages and Abyss Watchers will stop non-Watchdog invasions from occurring in the grand region that is Road of Sacrifices/Farron Keep.

first attempt to get Dark Souls 1 running with DSFix on steam was a failure. Started out fine and then on my journey to gargoyles, some aspect of the drivers failed and the game quit out

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I wanted some help killing the two doggies in Aldritchs basement so I pointed at the ladder and the summon shouted YA and climbed down

#squadgoals

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Literally the argument is that there is absolutely no actual, in-game reason why you can't just black separation crystal someone when they help you.

It is, however, contrary to the generally accepted good behaviour of people playing the game and can be considered jerksh.

You are, of course, free to behave however you like. But the argument I see is 'no it's not jerkish because X' and it's like, uhh, well, you don't consider it jerkish but clearly other people do so you're essentially arguing for the ability to behave however you want without anyone considering it jerkish and that ain't an argument I'm gonna be on board with.

No one's coming to take your souls away but when the commonly accepted behaviour is Y and you do X, if someone tells you that X is jerkish that's entirely their opinion and you can't really argue with someone that they're not allowed to see your behaviour as jerkish.

There's also nothing keeping you from getting a boss down to almost no health and then using the black separation crystal so the summon doesn't get any rewards (which literally happened to me!) but I don't think you'd argue that it's not jerkish.

EDIT: I see Platy already made the other point I was gonna make which was, it's basically the same as summoning someone who puts their red sign down in an area known for duels into a giant gank fest with 3 players all ready to cast pyromancy on your spawn-in location. Yeah, it's allowed, but it's still being an asshole and violating the commonly accepted behaviours of the community as a whole!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    It would be cool if a summon sign was kinda like a personal ad

Tall, hollow pyromancer looking for great sword wielder who doesn't know about the smelter demons explosion attack and will get one shot by it

Also does anyone know if I level up enough will I get summoned to NG+ farron watch bogs?

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    alright, time for a new character.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682

Woah, rad

one time i black crystal'ed a guy because he showed up wearing full catarina armor except no pants

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Very nice! Definitely going to use that on my second guy.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    It's cool that turning right instead of left in Irithyll can fuck up two NPC storylines, not frustrating at all

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Jesus @Stilts what did you do

dN0T6ur.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Chincy, I've been seeing a bunch of white signs.

At least half the signs I see are white.

IKknkhU.gif
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    No don't do it again!

dN0T6ur.png
    Stilts wrote: »
    Chincy, I've been seeing a bunch of white signs.

At least half the signs I see are white.

Man I really don't know what to tell you, the only white signs I see, with rare exception, are NPC signs

Maybe itll change as I get deeper into the game? No idea

I'm done arguing the politeness.

Chincy literally asked people if their experience with summon signs was different.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm done arguing the politeness.

Chincy literally asked people if their experience with summon signs was different.

Yeah I was trying to figure out if other people were seeing white signs because I'm really not

Relax Wyborn its cool

for me its about a 1 in 3 are white signs, but it's also location dependent

you see a lot more orange signs near easy bosses where sunbros are trying to farm

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'd say about 20% of the signs I see are gold

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The vast majority of signs I see are purple and gold.

I almost never see purps.

Weird.

IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.