As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good Bye East, now the staking for west

TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
Now, to pay attention to my twitter alerts again.

• RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Remember everyone, be prepared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04

tw787Xr.png

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Got my tweetdeck ready, gotta set up phone alerts still.

Hope the wait is not too long.

Already brought my flights, just days before the price went up a fair bit so i do not want to miss this.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
  • Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    The wait shouldn't be to long, they've already out pax dev on sale. Glad I never turned off the mobile tweets even if they were blowing up my phone all weekend.

May PAX be upon you.
  • The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    East ends, and now my watch begins.
    It shall not end until my purchase.
    I shall leave no phone, forget no wallet, silence no twitter.
    I shall wear no pants without pockets and see no movies.
    I shall live and die at my post.
    I am the F5 on the keyboard.
    I am the buyer of the badge.
    I am the sentry that warns the circle of friends.
    I pledge my life and honor to the PAX Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

-coughs-
    Improvements welcome.

The Aviatrix on
    x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I seem to lose the darn document every year but can someone point me to the spreadsheet listing past badge sellout dates/times?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • larry365larry365 Registered User regular
    Happy camping and good luck everyone!

I seem to lose the darn document every year but can someone point me to the spreadsheet listing past badge sellout dates/times?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KXHdgnv_RzFAPI8dW4YL1iTp50oLeJsrinu7YEvjpFQ/edit#gid=0

Attending West 2019
    Apparently they're hell-bent on giving us several heart attacks before tickets really go on sale...

tw787Xr.png

• sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    I'm predicting mid to late May or super early June for ticket sales since West is first weekend in September. In any case, I need to recover a bit from East so I'll see you guys in a week in full-on anixety mode

• ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I assume the four ticket per day purchase limit will be in effect again. Does anyone know whether buying tickets in the Club PA pre-sale affects the purchase limit? That is, if you already bought two tickets for all four days, are you restricted to two more in the general sale?

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    So I guess this will be this year's main thread for PAX West badge sales?

xg81x9uysw01.png
    edited April 2016
    ddt58 wrote: »
    I assume the four ticket per day purchase limit will be in effect again. Does anyone know whether buying tickets in the Club PA pre-sale affects the purchase limit? That is, if you already bought two tickets for all four days, are you restricted to two more in the general sale?

I asked about that last year and they said it was fine, I believe because it's not thru their general sale automated system but just thru the store web page.

That being said you should probably email them to be on the safe side.

Hoboking006 on
    May PAX be upon you.
  • ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks. I was surprised no one mentioned the Club PA presale in late March. IIRC, it was a topic of discussion in past years.

• DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    The website still hasn't been updated with the 2016 info yet so we've got awhile to wait.

My guess is first or second week of May since South tickets go on sale May 17th. Wouldn't make sense for West to go on sale after South... actually maybe it would? If West tickets go on sale after South then all the people that aren't able to get tickets think, "Darn, I wasn't able to get West tickets. South still has tickets available though, maybe I should go to that one instead."

edited April 2016
    The website still hasn't been updated with the 2016 info yet so we've got awhile to wait.

My guess is first or second week of May since South tickets go on sale May 17th. Wouldn't make sense for West to go on sale after South... actually maybe it would? If West tickets go on sale after South then all the people that aren't able to get tickets think, "Darn, I wasn't able to get West tickets. South still has tickets available though, maybe I should go to that one instead."

Remeber that East site did not update before sale, so keeping my guard up a little more. And i agree with the South/West thing, sometime before the 17th seems likely but who knows?.

Sgt.Mays on

Attending West 2019
    Thanks. I was surprised no one mentioned the Club PA presale in late March. IIRC, it was a topic of discussion in past years.

I think people first talked about it because it was unexpected. For those who get them there's no real "planning" like there is for the actual sale, for those who don't have club PA the tickets provide no useful information (like as an early warning for actual sale etc).

May PAX be upon you.
  • DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »
    Remeber that East site did not update before sale, so keeping my guard up a little more. And i agree with the South/West thing, sometime before the 17th seems likely but who knows?.
    Thanks, I didn't know that! I only follow Prime/West and the past few years the site always updates before the tickets go on sale so I assumed that's still how they do it.

DapperPumpkin on
  • D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular

I totally let my ClubPA lapse for 2 months on accident and missed this. Time to jump at every twitter notification I get for the next month.

• cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I managed to go to Pax South and Pax East. Pax prime is going to be the tricky one as far as tickets and hotels are concerned. I have never gone to Pax Prime before and its looking pretty good that I might go this year. One thing that I wanted to know before the tickets go on sale was, what are the names of the closest/hottest hotels to the convention center for Pax Prime?

I would need to do research in advance because everyone in my group will be under 21 years of age and that is the issue I ran into when booking a hotel for East. If anyone knows the best hotels that allow check in at 18, that would be great to know too. Also, what do the hotel prices tend to run per night at the pax rate?

• RexPowerColtRexPowerColt Gamer Spokane, WARegistered User new member
    cardkid123 wrote: »
    One thing that I wanted to know before the tickets go on sale was, what are the names of the closest/hottest hotels to the convention center for Pax Prime?
    The Grand Hyatt (which is were I'm staying) The Sheraton, The Paramount, The Roosevelt, and The Hilton are within 2-3 blocks of the convention center. Those are the ones I can remember anyways

• asokiasoki Registered User new member
    Hey guys! Where can you find the tickets when they go up? Will they be on the convention centers website or sold though other means? Just wondering incase they don't update the website before ticket release and I don't want to be scrambling!

asoki wrote: »
    Hey guys! Where can you find the tickets when they go up? Will they be on the convention centers website or sold though other means? Just wondering incase they don't update the website before ticket release and I don't want to be scrambling!

The PAX Site is the only place tickets will go on sale, use Twitter mobile notifications and/or TweetDeck web notifications to get the best chance to getting them when they go on sale. The Offical_PAX twitter will tweet when they go on sale.

Once they go on sale there will likely be a link on twitter, also the sold out thing (MAYBE will go to Soon) will change to show badges and weather they are Sold out, Low or Available and you can register from a link there.

Attending West 2019
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular

The PAX Site is the only place tickets will go on sale, use Twitter mobile notifications and/or TweetDeck web notifications to get the best chance to getting them when they go on sale. The Offical_PAX twitter will tweet when they go on sale.

Once they go on sale there will likely be a link on twitter, also the sold out thing (MAYBE will go to Soon) will change to show badges and weather they are Sold out, Low or Available and you can register from a link there.

The tickets are actually sold through Showclix.com

Don't go to the Pax Site looking for the link. By time you find it there they will be sold out. The direct link to showclix will be in the tweet. Click that.

IhtGIyi.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Don't go to the Pax Site looking for the link. By time you find it there they will be sold out. The direct link to showclix will be in the tweet. Click that.

I don't remember it being that bad, I thought if you were on the registration page (F5ing) on the pax site it was fine.

May PAX be upon you.
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

I don't remember it being that bad, I thought if you were on the registration page (F5ing) on the pax site it was fine.

They used to put the link up on their site first and then tweet it, but people wrote programs to check the pax site for any changes which allowed people to get an unfair advantage. It seems now they exclusively post the link to twitter first and then update the website after. Obviously this could change from year to year, but the most reliable way to get tickets is to have twitter text you when the tweet goes out and click that link.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I appreciate confirmation that the adjustments I made to Twitter notifications are functional.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    East ends, and now my watch begins.
    I shared this with a coworker who had to sell off his passes for last year due to unexpected expenses, he replied with this:
    LOL
    beautiful
    i saw a montage in my head
    fallen soldiers at their keyboards
    their bodies broken down and sweating out redbulls as they lay sleeping where, for them, the fight had ended

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    edited April 2016
    So, who else is just sitting at their computer hoping that passes go on sale today, just so that we can be done with it?

And I don't think I care about Acquisitions Inc right now...

RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

RavenHusky wrote: »
    So, who else is just sitting at their computer hoping that passes go on sale today, just so that we can be done with it?

Same, and the fact that i jumped out of Cities: Skylines when i heard tweetdeck ping, just to see it was a retweet.

Attending West 2019

Same, and the fact that i jumped out of Cities: Skylines when i heard tweetdeck ping, just to see it was a retweet.

Keep in mind it is HIGHLY unlikely tickets will go on sale this week. PA is still busy wrapping up East.

IhtGIyi.png

Keep in mind it is HIGHLY unlikely tickets will go on sale this week. PA is still busy wrapping up East.

Fair enough, but don't forget about "Later in May."

tw787Xr.png

Yea i know, still best to keep guards up you never know.

Attending West 2019
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    And so it begins once again.

My fellow comrades in F5ing I salute you and wish you the best of luck.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • wolfemancswolfemancs Registered User regular
    Quick question. . .

I was looking at the Registration page, and it currently says:
    "All badges for PAX West 2015 have sold out."

Has that said West instead of Prime since last year? Recent change?

CW

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    It changed shortly after the last show.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    It changed shortly after the last show.

Shortly after East 2016 or Prime 2015?

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The latter

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    whypick1 wrote: »
    The latter

It was a very recent change. Here is an archive from last month where it still said Prime: http://web.archive.org/web/20160321211248/http://prime.paxsite.com/registration

IhtGIyi.png
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    Our plan is to open PAX West panel submissions and PAX 10 submissions early next week. After that will come PAX South badge registration set for May 17th, and sometime after THAT will be PAX West registration.

Be strong!

This discussion has been closed.