As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animation [Chat]

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    does that say r noody's corporation

It's from the Accounting Department of the totally legit Secure Banking Group at R Noody's banking and Financial Documentation Services.

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/daARNSHVqKg

Windy Tales, about school girls who learn to control the wind with the power of love, or someshit, and then sneak off to the woods with a male teacher.

Not creapy at all. Really enjoy the style. And there is a kitty that can control the wind, and fly. Very relaxing watch.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I buy all the best swag from r noody's.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I think Schrödinger's Cat conversations are my least favourite ones. It's always what johnny drop out wants to talk to you about when he hears you're a physicist. And they always think they understand it so don't fucking listen and decide to argue.

Fortunately as a registered physicist if I beat somebody to death on those grounds I'm not chargeable with any offence

you have to put them in a box before you kill them or maybe not kill them though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Panettone is the best.

Bourbon french toast made from panettone is my Christmas morning jam.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    someone find me a restaurant/bar south of the river in austin that has a good tuesday special

thanks

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Hidden variables are appealing because it would match the pattern of previous discovery in physics, and people like the idea that reality continues to function in a deterministic, logical fashion but the quantum level is simply a threshold for measurement behind which we have not managed to go.

I don't know enough about quantum mechanics to even make up some bullshit theory, but I think both positions are understandable in the abstract.

They were one of the earliest interpretations ruled out, is the thing

There are still some candidate hidden variable theories floating around, but they're all as weird, if not weirder than qm itself

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm behind scarra in security hue

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    someone find me a restaurant/bar south of the river in austin that has a good tuesday special

thanks
    I could only find this:
    weekly-bible-study-arbys-675x724.jpg

So much wrong.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    One of the things about being on the receiving end of gaslighting is that it's pretty terrifying how easy it is in the situation. It's usually paired with other attacks on self-confidence so they tend to amplify things. I kept a journal for a while but that ended up being more harm then good.

People are extremely susceptible to a huge variety of psychological tricks that they vehemently believe they are not. Awareness of them can be used for good, to protect yourself or improve relationships, or manipulation.

(as an aside it feels really weird to be aware of some of them)

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    @Cinders Did you end up getting both those dresses?

Yeah!

And here credeiki.

I don't have a picture of me in the other one uploaded anywhere.

Cinders on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

It's from the Accounting Department of the totally legit Secure Banking Group at R Noody's banking and Financial Documentation Services.

i mean it says secure in the name of course i can trust it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Shivahn wrote: »
    One of the things about being on the receiving end of gaslighting is that it's pretty terrifying how easy it is in the situation. It's usually paired with other attacks on self-confidence so they tend to amplify things. I kept a journal for a while but that ended up being more harm then good.

People are extremely susceptible to a huge variety of psychological tricks that they vehemently believe they are not. Awareness of them can be used for good, to protect yourself or improve relationships, or manipulation.

The really freaky ones are the ones that still work EVEN IF YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM. :O

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

The really freaky ones are the ones that still work EVEN IF YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM. :O

Most of them do! You need to be actively aware of the effects and actively combat them in every instance!

Ever vigilant

Never sleep

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Most of them do! You need to be actively aware of the effects and actively combat them in every instance!

Ever vigilant

Never sleep

that sounds exhausting i think i'd rather just be told i'm crazy all the time

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    [chat] has apparently taken over the Boston airport... Bel just ran into ppups, Delmain, and vh going through security. :)

Oh coming home from you guys' place I ran into a ton of speedrunners at the airport, because awesome games done quick is in DC in early January.

How fast were they going

japan wrote: »
    Hidden variables are appealing because it would match the pattern of previous discovery in physics, and people like the idea that reality continues to function in a deterministic, logical fashion but the quantum level is simply a threshold for measurement behind which we have not managed to go.

I don't know enough about quantum mechanics to even make up some bullshit theory, but I think both positions are understandable in the abstract.

There are still some candidate hidden variable theories floating around, but they're all as weird, if not weirder than qm itself

maybe the universe is gaslighting science whoooooaaaaa

Ever vigilant

Never sleep

Clown'll eat me.
    250px-Lisa's_First_Word.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    The thing about all the Arby's memes is that Arby's beef & cheddar melt with curly fries is actually pretty tasty as junk food goes

like, the mere fact that Burger King exists is, to me, a much greater existential horror

rRwz9.gif
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

What if the hidden variable was God, man?

thanks

No I have found too many restaurants this weekend. I am all planned out.

edited April 2016

Ever vigilant

Never sleep

It kind of is

Shivahn on
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Cinders wrote: »
    @Cinders Did you end up getting both those dresses?

Yeah!

And here credeiki.

I don't have a picture of me in the other one uploaded anywhere.

Oh that is a sweet dress. Really like the marble pattern and also neckline shape--plus I feel like normally something like that would be strapless and as such nervewracking to wear, so having straps is very good.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    [chat] has apparently taken over the Boston airport... Bel just ran into ppups, Delmain, and vh going through security. :)

Oh coming home from you guys' place I ran into a ton of speedrunners at the airport, because awesome games done quick is in DC in early January.

How fast were they going

Most of them were standing facing walls making repetitive jerking motions until they suddenly disappeared.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

Jacobkosh wrote: »
    The thing about all the Arby's memes is that Arby's beef & cheddar melt with curly fries is actually pretty tasty as junk food goes

like, the mere fact that Burger King exists is, to me, a much greater existential horror

I find the chicken sandwich at Arby's to be significantly better than BK or McDonalds. Still very much fast food of course but still.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

BK's burgers are fine (I prefer them to McD's). Their breakfast is a horror show, though.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It takes one click to go from an article on Schrodinger's Cat and the history and scientific and metaphysical implications thereof to an article that, at one point, describes how a vampire absorbs a quantum cat person and gains his powers.

How fast were they going

Most of them were standing facing walls making repetitive jerking motions until they suddenly disappeared.

oh god in the middle of the airport? there are children there

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

What if the hidden variable was God, man?

Bohm's hidden variable theory requires a universal organising principle guiding all things

So, uh

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

i am not gonna lie, arby's curly fries are p dang good

919UOwT.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    a5ehren wrote: »

BK's burgers are fine (I prefer them to McD's). Their breakfast is a horror show, though.

something about their texture just makes me shudder. idk. that said I am not a big fan of mcdonald's burgers either. wendy's is my barely-over-the-bar minimum

rRwz9.gif
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I like Whoppers a lot more than most other place's equivalent.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Who likes Burger King's fries?

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I find the chicken sandwich at Arby's to be significantly better than BK or McDonalds. Still very much fast food of course but still.

ITT chat embraces nihilism

edited April 2016

The insidious danger of Arby's dark vision is that their food isn't terrible when perceived, but leaves you with a bleak and clutching hunger that shrouds your view of life. To eat Arby's is to taste food, but to know emptiness.

spool32 on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i had five guys somewhat recently and i was dispapointed in the burg

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    desc wrote: »

ITT chat embraces nihilism
    I mean, might as well. *drags from a long clove cigarette* *shrugs*

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

I like them better than McDonald's or Wendy's. They have a nice crisp texture.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

If they gave you more than 5 it wouldn't be quite so bad.

Arby's def has the best fast food fries hands down though.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

m1E9jmT.jpg
    LQwvP9p.png
    UxRZl3n.png

This discussion has been closed.