As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animation [Chat]

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I want to be able to mess with lava to see how dense it is and whatnot because pop culture makes me feel like it should act differently regardless of what I know.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Oh man bathtub temperature lava would be neat.

Like a really thick mudbath or something idk.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    The thing about all the Arby's memes is that Arby's beef & cheddar melt with curly fries is actually pretty tasty as junk food goes

like, the mere fact that Burger King exists is, to me, a much greater existential horror

I find the chicken sandwich at Arby's to be significantly better than BK or McDonalds. Still very much fast food of course but still.

ITT chat embraces nihilism

Is there word for someone who willa argue vehemently for like, moral behavior and happiness while also holding supremely nihilistic beliefs, ultimately?

programjunkie? :rotate:

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I want to be able to mess with lava to see how dense it is and whatnot because pop culture makes me feel like it should act differently regardless of what I know.

from videos it seems like it is rather sticky and dense

like taffy

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Labour organizations had some fantastic banners

transp15.jpgm9IfY1Ih.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

It'd just be a hot rock

The thing about lava is you can stand on it, it's still rock, your density will still maintain you floating on it.

You would kind of catch fire and char and eventually be swallowed by it, with real lava.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    The thing about all the Arby's memes is that Arby's beef & cheddar melt with curly fries is actually pretty tasty as junk food goes

like, the mere fact that Burger King exists is, to me, a much greater existential horror

I find the chicken sandwich at Arby's to be significantly better than BK or McDonalds. Still very much fast food of course but still.

ITT chat embraces nihilism

Is there word for someone who willa argue vehemently for like, moral behavior and happiness while also holding supremely nihilistic beliefs, ultimately?

programjunkie? :rotate:

we may have some minor quibbles about what's moral behavior

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Norwegian Seaman & Stoker Union, Trondheim's division, and Taatøy Sawmill Worker's Union

ftOqU21.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Anime sysadmin update! He is wearing:
    70s tan/blue cowboy shirt with pearl buttons
    Blue undershirt that reads "chevrolet" on it in scroll letters
    Faded grey jeans
    Black sneakers
    Lipstick red warbly parkers

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Delmain tell them about me and the weird occulus lady.

I am bad at telling that story I found out.

Oh man, I'm on mobile at the airport so thus is gonna take a while.

So @Mazzyx and I signed up for the VR test stuff on Saturday with a callback time of 2pm.we get there and told lazily to go somewhere to the left.

Well, to the left are two rows of seats facing each other. We see a bunch of nerds seated in a sort of line on one side and the other side empty except for the cutest "pixie dream girl" asian girl in a staff shirt. We sit opposite her and she's just go the biggest smile in the world on and looking everywhere except at the two of us.

Pretty girls ignoring me is normal for me, as those who have met me could assume, so I thought nothing of it. But she still struck up a conversation about the weirdest shit. We responded, politely joking back and she kept going with the craziest smile.

After a lull, she looks over (more towards me, still trying to avoid looking at Mazzyx) and asked if we "had ever thought of modelling". It is beyond my capabilities as a jokester to even manage a correct response to that, but before I could come up with something passable, she looked right at Mazzyx and goes "you have beautiful eyes and a great smile".

He goes on to talk about a few of his friends in DC that model or whatever and I just assumed he was not interested, or didn't want to go for it since she was clearly working.

Nope.

Like 2 hours later he asks me, during a game, "didn't you think that girl at the occulus booth was being weird?" to which I responded (correctly) "no dude, she was flirting *hard*"

I don't think I've ever seen such a delicious emotion cross a man's face in my life. Realization and bewilderment and disappointment at himself all at once.

It was amazing.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    do you guys ever look at a picture of lava and just want to touch it

i am afraid to go visit a volcano because i think the urge to touch the lava would be too stronk

It would be great if someone built a safe and elaborate sling/crane system that would lower me above the lava at the perfect "sauna-temperature" height.

2soxh7plrakm.jpg

919UOwT.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @Jacobkosh do you have Quantum Break?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Faded grey jeans
    Black sneakers

yessssss

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    spool32 wrote: »
    Faded grey jeans
    Black sneakers

This guy! I would like to see a tumblr of his outfits or something. They just sound so excellent.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    @Mazzyx desperately needed @spool32 to ask if he was tryna smash

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

It'd just be a hot rock

The thing about lava is you can stand on it, it's still rock, your density will still maintain you floating on it.

You would kind of catch fire and char and eventually be swallowed by it, with real lava.

Dang. Actually, just lying on a hot rock sounds pretty good right now.

I got a hot stone massage once. That shit was great.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    @mazzyx dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

my dick wilted just reading that story

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

It'd just be a hot rock

One of the ways one keeps warm while camping in some of the colder areas is to heat up rocks in a fire then pull them out and bury them, and put your sleeping bag over it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

It'd just be a hot rock

Perfect

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    "aside from bursting into flames you could totally stand on lava" might be my new favorite thing bowen has said

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited April 2016

It'd just be a hot rock

I'm, daily, sorely tempted to make the three-hour drive to Portland to hit up Zama massage

@So It Goes I do recommend

FroThulhu on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The idea of a shirt that just says "Chevrolet" in script is something that seems positively Achewoodian

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    do you guys ever look at a picture of lava and just want to touch it

i am afraid to go visit a volcano because i think the urge to touch the lava would be too stronk

It would be great if someone built a safe and elaborate sling/crane system that would lower me above the lava at the perfect "sauna-temperature" height.

2soxh7plrakm.jpg

the kali ma day spa

Chanus on
    my dick wilted just reading that story

Think how I felt. I saw this girl.

I mean, ignore Mazzyx.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    More like lowenergycuckyx

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm mad we didn't ask more people to split that airport uber

It bankrupted me

Chanus wrote: »
    "aside from bursting into flames you could totally stand on lava" might be my new favorite thing bowen has said

Actually people regularly do walk on lava. They make special suits for it and everything.

Delmain wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

Actually people regularly do walk on lava. They make special suits for it and everything.

what bowen said is still funny though

Coinage wrote: »

Husband was super-tired all of saturday at PAX due to not having time to recover from crazy overwork, and because of the PA proximity I called him a low-energy cuck several times and almost got divorce papers served to me on the spot :P

worth, though

If I were Keanu Reeves, I would jump into the Matrix and tell Vanilla to get it's shit together re:@-tagging

It'd just be a hot rock

probably super comfy to lie down on yeah

burning.jpg

ftOqU21.png
    a
    credeiki wrote: »

Husband was super-tired all of saturday at PAX due to not having time to recover from crazy overwork, and because of the PA proximity I called him a low-energy cuck several times and almost got divorce papers served to me on the spot :P

worth, though

haha wait was low-energy cuck used with wild abandon at the fancy dinner or is this just something you picked up from chat

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    What the hell is up with those floating acid trip pizza slices? I am uncomfortable with them!

http://gifgalaksi.com/upload/piiza_komik_homer.gif

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am lonely but I'm not going out through security again just to hang out with pups and delmain

*stares blearily at legal seafoods, resists urge to order coke*

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Danny Daniels choreographed the opening music number "Anything Goes". Capshaw learned to sing in Mandarin and took tap dance lessons. However, when wearing her dress, which was too tight, Capshaw was not able to tap dance. Made of the 1920s and 1930s original beads, the dress was one of a kind. The opening dance number was actually the last scene to be shot, but the dress did feature in some earlier location shots in Sri Lanka, drying on a nearby tree. Unfortunately an elephant had started to eat it, but some was salvaged. Consequently, some emergency repair work had to be done with what remained of the original beads, and it was costume designer Anthony Powell who had to fill in the insurance forms. As to the reason for damage, he had no option but to put "dress eaten by elephant".[12]

919UOwT.png
    Organichu wrote: »
    I am lonely but I'm not going out through security again just to hang out with pups and delmain

*stares blearily at legal seafoods, resists urge to order coke*

Wait what gate are you at?

a
    credeiki wrote: »

worth, though

haha wait was low-energy cuck used with wild abandon at the fancy dinner or is this just something you picked up from chat

Just picked up from chat. Normally I would use the term low-energy to describe the state of being tired, because that's just how I talk; chat has presented the unfortunate/hilarious auto-complete of 'cuck'.

This discussion has been closed.