As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I can't remember the name of a booth...

trackmania101trackmania101 Registered User new member
edited April 2016 in PAX East
There was a booth there that I can't remember the name of. They had (I believe) 4 games, all on PC in a row. One of them was like an 8 bit hacking sim thing that started up like a windows xp machine. The game revolved around using the in game Internet and the command prompt. Another one was a twitchy platformer where you shoot a guy across different platforms and into a goal. Also, there was a game that had you leading groups through crowds there as well. I would like some help and its really bugging me and I need to know the name of the booth.

Edit: Added some more detail

trackmania101 on

• Options
    ChaosKnight127ChaosKnight127 Registered User new member
    The booth was probably Merge Games. The hacking sim is named Mainlining, the leading groups through crowds game is RIOT - Civil Unrest, and the platformer has to be HoPiKo.

• Options
    trackmania101trackmania101 Registered User new member
    The booth was probably Merge Games. The hacking sim is named Mainlining, the leading groups through crowds game is RIOT - Civil Unrest, and the platformer has to be HoPiKo.

Yep. That was what I was looking for! Thanks!

• Options
    JorphoJorpho Registered User new member
    Rather than start my own "What was that booth?" thread, mind if I ask here? (Suddenly it is abundantly clear to me why everyone was pushing business cards with the names of their games.)

There was this one simple-looking four-player rhythm game in which the object was to maneuver simple geometric shapes out of the way of vertical and horizontal bars that would flash onto the screen in time with the beat. The final, hardest stage featured the old Mortal Kombat movie theme. Any ideas?

• Options
    koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Jorpho wrote: »
    Rather than start my own "What was that booth?" thread, mind if I ask here? (Suddenly it is abundantly clear to me why everyone was pushing business cards with the names of their games.)

There was this one simple-looking four-player rhythm game in which the object was to maneuver simple geometric shapes out of the way of vertical and horizontal bars that would flash onto the screen in time with the beat. The final, hardest stage featured the old Mortal Kombat movie theme. Any ideas?

Just Shapes and Beats.
    http://www.justshapesandbeats.com/

• Options
    JorphoJorpho Registered User new member
    Argh! I knew it had "shapes" in the name, and I knew at the time that I felt no reason to write that name down, but then Googling wasn't getting me anywhere.

Thanks, that is quite the weight off my mind.