As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[2016 Challenge Coin Thread] See you all next year!

12345679»

• abdoooooabdooooo Registered User regular
    I received my coins as well and I'm very pleased. Job well done! Thank you!

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Now that I'm home and have held the coins, I wanna not be a jerk haha. I'm glad you had them do the coating on both sides of the color coin, the consistency there is really nice. I do like the color coin, I'm glad I got one for the collection!

Thanks for making this happen this year, @SutibunRi ! If you're at the pre PAX gaming at the Westin Thursday, let me know and a drink is on me for thanks. PAX weekend is my anniversary, even the year we couldn't make it to the con we managed to get a coin to commemorate. So I really appreciate all the work you put in!

UyhWici.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The Pre-Pax game night is the only place I'm sure I'll be over the weekend.
    Also: Tweet finally went out. hopefully we can get orders for at least 25 of each coin before the 25th, or I'm looking at having ~47 extra coins to make up for the minimum order size!

• RenegadeTKRenegadeTK Central MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Got my coins. Exceedingly happy with them. Props to SutibunRi and many, many thanks for your effort on this!

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    How are they coming? USPS or UPS? Was hoping they showed up with the mail today but no dice. Hopefully they will get here tomorrow.

0j92muX.png
    USPS.
    My coins made it to Canada this morning, but appear to be sitting in customs.

Ok. I'm in NJ, so seeing others on the east coast getting them last week got me a little concerned. Hopefully they will show soon. Thanks for the reply @SutibunRi :)

0j92muX.png
  • ibejerdanibejerdan Registered User new member
    edited April 2016
    elo wrote: »
    Ok. I'm in NJ, so seeing others on the east coast getting them last week got me a little concerned. Hopefully they will show soon. Thanks for the reply @SutibunRi :)

Mine have been out for delivery since Friday, hoping my mailman doesn't pocket it thinking its something valuable given I have Saturday deliveries in my area. You should be good, will probably come tomorrow at the latest.

Will update with a photo if and when mine comes!

ibejerdan on
  • nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    Just got mine today.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Just got mine yesterday. Both versions look so awesome!

Woo! Mine apparently showed up at home.
    Now I just need to suffer through the rest of the work day before I can see them.

No dice today either. Were there tracking numbers or anything that were sent out?

0j92muX.png
    Some people got tracking numbers and others didn't.
    It's possible the email went to your spam folders, it claims to be from "Martin and Alex Kidder" and should have reached you on the 13th if you were emailed one, it contains a link to Stamps.com with your tracking number.

edited April 2016
    Ill go looking, thanks again :)

Edit: Nada, either I didn't get one, or outlook.com's email filter outright rejected it. Oh well, got one day left before I start the drive up....fingers crossed :)

elo on
    0j92muX.png
    Woo! Coins!
    I see why the low relief on the regular coins didn't go over so well, that was a lot lower relief than I expected, even after seeing pictures.
    But the color coins are so damn amazing.

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Colour is the way of the future :D:D:D

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Woo! Coins!
    I see why the low relief on the regular coins didn't go over so well, that was a lot lower relief than I expected, even after seeing pictures.
    But the color coins are so damn amazing.

Yeah the low relief is OK. I still like it though.

But the color ones are MUCH better than I expected. Though I'm not a fan of the coating on them. While I understand it's to protect the color I would have like to been able to feel the actual coin .. all the bumps and stuff :) But I am still super happy with how they came out. Much better than I expected.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • adininadinin Registered User new member
    Just ordered some, i always seem to forget this is going on till the last minute. At least i dont need them right away, they are just nice physical reminders of the experience...

@TheGameGuru I do have an extra 2014 coin if your interested, send me a PM or something if you still need it.

w00t! got them in the mail today :) They are really nice, but my thoughts are the same as the others about the low relief. Something to note for future coins I guess! The colored ones came out really nice!

0j92muX.png
    edited April 2016
    Just one last bump before I quit paying attention due to PAX shenanigans.

SutibunRi on
    I have successfully delivered coins to mike, jerry, and robert.
    Go me!

Which coins did you give them?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited April 2016
    One regular and one colored to each of them.

SutibunRi on
    Nice :) I was stingy and gave Mike, Jerry, and Scott a colour one each

What did they think?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    They said thanks, Mike really liked the regular one.
    I guess they all got extra color coins!
    I'm okay with this!

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Sadly mine have still not arrived. Last I heard it had been processed in the custom facility on the 19th then nada. Hope they have not gone missing.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
    @aBByNormaL
    Are you checking the tracking on Canada Posts site? Stamps just stopped tracking mine after it left the US.
    Plus Canada post adds a new 2-8 day delivery time above and beyond USPS.
    I'm ordering extras to have for the future, if yours never show up I'll mail you some from montreal.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    @SutibunRi I was the turquoise haired guy who came up during game night to thank you. It was hard to slip away from my friends long enough to do so without giving away the surprise of the coins.

Did anyone else notice that the coins seem incredibly thin at the bottom of the pokeball? I set them up near a window in the morning and they looked to be glowing slightly like the light was coming through a bit.

They said thanks, Mike really liked the regular one.
    I guess they all got extra color coins!
    I'm okay with this!

lol, sorry, I meant I only gave them a colour South coin. I did not attend PAX East :( I was camping this weekend :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Ahh! You confused me! Well done!

@aBByNormaL
    Are you checking the tracking on Canada Posts site? Stamps just stopped tracking mine after it left the US.
    Plus Canada post adds a new 2-8 day delivery time above and beyond USPS.
    I'm ordering extras to have for the future, if yours never show up I'll mail you some from montreal.

Thx. The Canada Post site picked up the trail ... so it looks like it cleared customs yesterday. Sometime this week I am guessing.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
    The order has been placed with the factory to print the second batch, they will ship as soon as Kiddercorp gets them. (It took a couple days for Kiddercorp to get back to me.)

@aBByNormaL
    Any update on your shipment?

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    damn i knew i forgot to order something before pax. I ended up getting really busy and distracted and this totally slipped my mind. Oh well I guess. They look great so good job with them!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    @SutibunRi ... sry have not been on (taxes were due) ... order received in good order thx. Was great to meet you in Boston!

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just cross-posting this in the challenge coin threads:

If you're after a hard plastic case to protect/display your coins I grabbed some from this seller on ebay.

N6oblzsm.jpg

fyi.