As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2016 Hotel Partners

191011121315»

• SwordnStoneSwordnStone Registered User regular
    We had multiple people splitting our bill at the element, but they couldn't handle people leaving on different days and the math that involves. They charged me for the last night I was there alone twice, and I had to walk them through the math to fix it.

The people working there are really nice, but also seem really new, so double check everything!

Quit now and cake will be served immediately.
  • zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    Stayed at the Hampton Inn Crosstown and it was a mixed bag. The hotel was fine. Free breakfast, free wifi, good rooms. Not a great hotel for walking outside though as it is right next to a homeless shelter. Sketchy people all around. My kids had to witness a fistfight where some dude had a bloody face.

Then there was the shuttle. Only good part was the initial drive from the airport. They hired a "party bus" for the shuttle to PAX, but stuck the regular van with the task of picking up attendees after the con...while keeping the task of picking up at the airport. Chaos ensued. No way they could accommodate everyone since they stopped picking up at 8. Everyone was frustrated beyond belief. Poor shuttle drivers were just doing what they were told, but we're not happy about it either despite being very professional. Management made a really bad decision and it was a disservice to being a PAX aligned hotel. On Sunday they didn't even do the larger party bus to PAX but used the shuttle which screwed over people as well. By then people were fending for themselves.

Then there was a group that had early flights on Monday who had signed up for the 5 am shuttle to the airport. Shuttle driver didn't show until 5:20. Cabs needed to be called to get people to the airport. Not recommended for PAX purposes.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    We stayed at the Element and had a great time. Parking in the lot next door was $65 for the weekend with in and out privileges. While I didn't park there (it was full when I got back Sat evening from a family event) E street had free street parking and I nabbed a spot on the street in front of the hotel at 6:30 the next morning. The rooms were a decent size and it was easy to walk to and from the BCEC through the Lawn at D.

A few complaints:
    The pool was depressing. It was one of the smallest pools I have ever seen and really made me wonder why they put one there in the first place.

The gym was way too warm. I did workouts Friday and Sunday morning and 75 degrees is a little toasty for me.

The sheets were really rough and honestly felt like sandpaper!

Pros:
    The TVs weren't blocked so we could plug in our WiiU and play Smash!
    Free breakfast!
    Kitchenette saved us a ton of money. Having a full fridge allowed us to stock plenty of drinks (both alcoholic and non)

All in all I would stay there again, but I'd probably choose the Westin or Seaport first.

DXLJjjr.png
  • NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Side note, I was overcharged for the parking lot next to the element. Everyone else paid $65 for Thurs-Sun, I was charged $80. Sure there's nothing I can do about it now, but still a bummer.

S2ieAvx.png
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    NFG wrote: »
    Side note, I was overcharged for the parking lot next to the element. Everyone else paid $65 for Thurs-Sun, I was charged $80. Sure there's nothing I can do about it now, but still a bummer.

It depends on when you check out.

$25 for every weekday (Thursday and Friday), $15 for each weekend day. If you left the parking lot by noon on Sunday (at least that's what we did), you weren't charged for it. If you left later, you were charged for that Sunday.

• NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

It depends on when you check out.

$25 for every weekday (Thursday and Friday), $15 for each weekend day. If you left the parking lot by noon on Sunday (at least that's what we did), you weren't charged for it. If you left later, you were charged for that Sunday.

My friends showed up 20 minutes before me: "when are you checking out?" "Sunday" $65

I showed up and answered the same question and was charged $80.

NFG on
    S2ieAvx.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular

I also paid 80, but I checked in early Thursday and late Monday...

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

Paid $80, got in around 3pm Thursday and told the guy in the booth I'd be leaving Sunday afternoon.

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    We stayed at The Intercontinental for the second year in a row. The staff was wonderful. It was a very quiet and peaceful hotel. The doormen were hilarious especially the guy who pulled out a single black leather glove and told me he found OJ's lost glove. We selected a double, double on Onpeak and had no problems with beds.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Those with the quads who got a single and a pull-out, was your reservation a Run of The House quad?

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • CzechFreedomCzechFreedom Registered User new member
    Scribbled wrote: »
    Park Plaza looks incredibly swanky until you get to your room. Cramped little sardine cans. Terrible.

Not sure how many people you tried to cram in there, but our room was just fine. It wasn't huge, but had enough space for a both the decently-sized bed and work room for our cosplay. We were really only there during sleep hours anyway.

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular

Paid $80, got in around 3pm Thursday and told the guy in the booth I'd be leaving Sunday afternoon.

Huh. Weird.

On Thursday, we checked into the hotel around 3:30 PM, and parked our car in the lot by 3:045 PM. Told the guy we'd be leaving on Sunday around noon. We were charged $65. We left the parking lot on Sunday by 12:30 PM.

Maybe if you left after a certain time on Sunday, they charged you for the day's worth? Just my guess.

• mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Stayed at the Renaissance waterfront. Had two rooms, they came through on all our requests, granted I did have to bully (remind fiercely and semi threaten) them about the roll away a bit, but connecting rooms, extra towels, baby stuff was all waiting for us when we got there. The valet was responsive and quick for our one driver. The food and drink service available was pricey, but that was expected and it was really good food for the price so worth it. We only ate there the one night in the restaurant when we we're being super lazy. Customer service was nice, got free wifi just by asking. Starbucks in lobby was a huge plus and it never got so busy I didn't wanna wait. All in all, would stay again!

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    First time at the Langham this year and it was ace. Adding to the Seaport as one of my favs in Boston.

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    The people working there are really nice, but also seem really new, so double check everything!

They probably were. The hotel has only been open a couple months :) They had some issues checking me in (luckily I had my reservation number) but after that were fine. My only real complaint was from my side of the hotel at least it was hard to get the room dark. It's not for lack of trying though, they had 2 sets of curtains over the window. Just lots of ambient light outside.

Scribbled wrote: »
    Park Plaza looks incredibly swanky until you get to your room. Cramped little sardine cans. Terrible.

Not sure how many people you tried to cram in there, but our room was just fine. It wasn't huge, but had enough space for a both the decently-sized bed and work room for our cosplay. We were really only there during sleep hours anyway.

So one thing I learned the year I was staying there is not all rooms are alike at park plaza. A "standard" room can be many many difference configurations. I was unlucky enough to get a 'airline' hospitality room. I've honestly been in residential bathrooms larger than that room. A friend of mine who was also staying there had a room much larger (mine was at best 100sq feet, his was closer to the average 300 sq feet) . I don't know if they seperate them out on their hotel site, but onpeak just tosses them all together.

GhostDan on
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    mayapple wrote: »
    Stayed at the Renaissance waterfront. Had two rooms, they came through on all our requests, granted I did have to bully (remind fiercely and semi threaten) them about the roll away a bit, but connecting rooms, extra towels, baby stuff was all waiting for us when we got there. The valet was responsive and quick for our one driver. The food and drink service available was pricey, but that was expected and it was really good food for the price so worth it. We only ate there the one night in the restaurant when we we're being super lazy. Customer service was nice, got free wifi just by asking. Starbucks in lobby was a huge plus and it never got so busy I didn't wanna wait. All in all, would stay again!

Yeah, this was our second stay at the Ren (we stayed there in 2011) and it was just as good as the first- good location, staff was great, and it was quiet enough that it was a nice refuge from the chaos of the con centre.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png