As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] RIP Chyna

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'd rather Seth turn face but I have to admit the initial shock of his reveal would be neat.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Regarding them portraying Roman as a tweener I think that kinda got thrown out the window yesterday with the MAW segment.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    triple h does make a wish stuff all the time and is a heel

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Regarding them portraying Roman as a tweener I think that kinda got thrown out the window yesterday with the MAW segment.
    Not really?

He can still be a douchebag who has the time to say hi to kids with cancer and get them Raw tickets

Not every character needs to be 100% asshole or 100% saint at all times, dude is still gonna be cutting I'M THE GUY I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU HATERS THINK promos and being vaguely condescending to his challengers

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    Kilroy wrote: »

They don't put the MAW kids on TV with Cena and Hunter.

Or have they?

They don't put the MAW kids on TV with Cena and Hunter.

Or have they?
    They absolutely did with Conor, Steph even cut a few promos about Conor's Cure if I remember right

CYpGAPn.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also Anderson and Gallows haven't really impressed me much since they've shown up

They did a good murderous run in debut but that Usos match was boring as shit and they are not good promo guys

Do not shackle them to Seth

Part of the problem is that there offense requires the crowd to root for the baby faces to overcome their offense and nobody cares about the Usos right now.

Magell wrote: »
    Also Anderson and Gallows haven't really impressed me much since they've shown up

They did a good murderous run in debut but that Usos match was boring as shit and they are not good promo guys

Part of the problem is that there offense requires the crowd to root for the baby faces to overcome their offense and nobody cares about the Usos right now.
    That is definitely part of it but their offense itself didn't really wow me at all

They were good when they debuted because it was out of nowhere and brutal

But in a 20ish minute match against the Usos they come across as super generic big strong guys

CYpGAPn.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

The rest of the problem being that Anderson and Gallows are boring as fuck.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Wait, did that Raw crowd last night really try to start a boring chant during Sami vs Rusev?

What the fuck

Rusev is boring

Rusev is great when they let him be great.

Take a shot every time they say "The Power of Rusev!" though and you might die.

I've yet to see him be entertaining in any non-Twitter way

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

The rest of the problem being that Anderson and Gallows are boring as fuck.

Of all the guys who were in the last two G1s those two are the most boring.

Like, say what you will about Goto but the whole "literally a samurai" thing would have been so much more interesting in the context of WWE and he's a better wrestler.

Anderson's capable of having some good matches but it really has to be dragged out of him.

I'll reserve judgement for when they've had some matches with people the audience cares about.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Wait, did that Raw crowd last night really try to start a boring chant during Sami vs Rusev?

What the fuck

Rusev is boring

what the fuck

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Watching some Anderson and Gallows stuff, I think the only reason they are as over as they are is that they were in NJPW.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I have to admit I loved a bunch of the dumb stuff in the Reign/Del Rio match.

Del Rio getting out of the way of that dumb super punch, or getting so caught up in his own flexing that Reigns got the drop on him.

Then again, I also giggled a little bit when KO came out and wrecked Zayn because of COURSE he did.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    So I read a theory that the guy Gallows and Anderson will end up following won't be Roman, AJ, or Finn.

It will be Seth Rollins.

I don't know whether I like that or not.

Won't happen if they continue to position BC as heels.

Seth is coming back to massive cheers. We know this. They aren't going to hook him up with a heel team when face Rollins vs. heel Roman is right there.

I mean, sure they could. But it would be stupid.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    So I read a theory that the guy Gallows and Anderson will end up following won't be Roman, AJ, or Finn.

It will be Seth Rollins.

I don't know whether I like that or not.

Won't happen if they continue to position BC as heels.

Seth is coming back to massive cheers. We know this. They aren't going to hook him up with a heel team when face Rollins vs. heel Roman is right there.

I mean, sure they could. But it would be stupid.

I'm a bit worried they're going to go for a SHOCKING SWERVE~! instead of, you know, a good resolution.

Hope I'm wrong.

Seth being the leader of a heel faction isn't a swerve though

Like, yeah, people are expecting him to come back and have a face turn but as of his last in-ring appearance dude was still a slimy cheating douche

It would just be continuing that character

CYpGAPn.png
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Unless Seth comes back and curb stomps AJ to help Roman retain, he's coming back to cheers.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Watching some Anderson and Gallows stuff, I think the only reason they are as over as they are is that they were in NJPW.

Which is funny because they were proper Greta in New Japan.
    Even in the context of the barren wasteland that is the IWGP heavyweight tag scene they weren't the best team at any point.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Which is funny because they were proper Greta in New Japan.
    Even in the context of the barren wasteland that is the IWGP heavyweight tag scene they weren't the best team at any point.

Just goes to show the power of marketing.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Well you know they're serious about them, their song has lyrics.

What the fuck

Rusev is boring

what the fuck

There is nothing special about him in-ring, he comes off as just another big guy. He's boring

And his character has gone from 2010s version of the '80s foreign heel to a bunch of garbage with Ziggler to...part of a stable of 2010 versions of '80s foreign heels

Maybe now that LoN is seemingly no more they may finally do something interesting with him

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

weird way to say 'my ankle feels better' but hey if he wants to walk across the world, more power to him

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

What the fuck

Rusev is boring

Rusev is great when they let him be great.

Take a shot every time they say "The Power of Rusev!" though and you might die.

Rusev is a whole lot like Big E before The New Day, in that the real man is way more fun and interesting than the character they make him play. If he ever gets a chance to let his natural charisma shine through he will be a main eventer.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

They are good thugs and Anderson can wrestle when called upon, but yeah...they need to get a face of the organization fast if they want this thing to have any kind of legs.

So this wonderful Dean Ambrose "promo"...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCnF50chQ3I

finally has the full match to go with it!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QIE2loqTBMg

• existexist Registered User regular
    Rusev is boring now yeah. His tank thing was kinda cool.

UmPiq.png
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Rusev needs to break more boards inscribed with the name of his opponents over his knee.

Seth being the leader of a heel faction isn't a swerve though

Like, yeah, people are expecting him to come back and have a face turn but as of his last in-ring appearance dude was still a slimy cheating douche

It would just be continuing that character

I am praying for a classic Eddie Guerrero style face....I want the slimy cheating douche who winks and smiles at the audience while doing it.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

if you can watch this gif and not love rusev then I just don't understand you

The problem with Rusev is that his greatest strength is selling which doesn't really fit with the monster heel persona that propelled him to success. I kind of wish he'd adopt the Brock Lesnar or Minoru Suzuki school of selling wherein you start out unphased by all this pro wrestling bullshit then slowly the cracks start to form and this hulking brute is reeling in disbelief that they're losing like some sort of Fist of the North Star villain.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

if you can watch this gif and not love rusev then I just don't understand you

I think the swaying back and forth before the stunner is my favorite part, add some chirpy birds over his head and he's completed his transformation into literally a street fighter II character

He sold a Stunner really well

That's awesome

So did The Rock, and many others

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Looks like the right course of action when teaming with Captain New Japan.

I mean even Trent was asking for CNJ to be tagged in...

Mwx884o.jpg
    He sold a Stunner really well

That's awesome

So did The Rock, and many others

The Rock especially.

This discussion has been closed.