As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 Cosplay Thread

• mieumieu Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'll be decked out as a Protection Warrior from World of Warcraft, vanilla/BC-era. I took some creative liberties and re-imagined the Battlegear of Might (Tier 1) set, and will be toting Bulwark of Azzinoth and THUNDERFURYBLESSEDBLADEOFTHEWINDSEEKER

AAAAAAAAAH IM SO EXCITED

9DcHLoy.jpg

S5wVpDS.gif

mieu on
  • satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    Samael76 wrote: »
    Got the boots for my Bloodborne cosplay! Can't wait to have everything ready. It would be awesome to see a Plain Doll there! unef5u2gj4ps.jpg

My friend and I will be Hunters as well, see you there!

• JibabadebadidoJibabadebadido Registered User new member
    My Sunset Overdrive outfit 8-) xjzmx0f8jo6d.jpg

• jddyslexiajddyslexia Registered User regular
    I'm glad to see the Hyrule Warriors cosplay. My friends and I are doing that on Saturday!

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    It's awfully quiet here last few days :)

Finally finished my Vault Dweller cosplay. If you see me out there ask me for some caps... I made 250 or so to give away. Don't be afraid to ask. I will have the glowing Quantum Cola on my hip :)

zne0zc41bgj4.jpg

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • AmandaGCGAmandaGCG Registered User regular
    Has anyone in here ever cosplayed as Chun-Li? I left my bracelets at home for mine and it's not her without them.... If I can buy someone's old pair from them I will please I wanna wear my cosplay still

• SteelshieldSteelshield Registered User new member
    the schedule lists the LoL people running a cosplay event friday at 5 but no description? anyone know what this is?

Since I'm seeing some of the cosplay in here, anybody want to do an impromptu Hyrule Warriors meet up on Saturday?

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    Wooo forgot my pants for my kriger cosplay.off to goodwill near the convention center to pick up a pair.

Got our Hyrule Warriors cosplay on today! q0gqn78kgh3m.jpg

• iltailta Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Wooo forgot my pants for my kriger cosplay.off to goodwill near the convention center to pick up a pair.

Does Kreiger really NEED pants, though? :)

ilta on
  • MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone, who has pictures of Geralt and Ciri from Friday? I would love to see them!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    I probably took pictures of 25-35 cosplays throughout the weekend. Not as much as I hoped, only because I was working as Enforcer most of the time, which was a blast btw.

I will create and share my album later today. If you see yourself, let me know. Very strong cosplays from ALL of you.

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Here's is all the pics I took over the weekend of the amazing cosplay. Some are done by the booths as well for their games.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/NS0Ee0QsYCv5ueS8o3WESIZaFsVHIGkzq1B8AgENS8o?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

These are open to anyone who wants to use them. If you are using them for any projects like other albums / web pages/ videos/ etc please let me know I would love to check out what you do with them.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • zambixizambixi Neko Nanny Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    I was 1/2 of the Pokémon Breeder couple cosplay (along with my boyfriend). I know a handful of people snapped photos of us, and I'd love to see them since it was our first cosplay!

• BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    I was Tubbs from Neko Atsume. If anyone has pics i'd love to see them!

Here are the cosplay pictures I've taken from PAX EAST! :)

http://imgur.com/a/Wqv9l

Wasn't able to take as much as I thought, due to being an Enforcer. If you see yourselves in one of the images, say something.

PAX East isn't usually cosplay heavy, but I was so excited to see that change this year. You all did a magnificent job. <3

Wasn't able to take as much as I thought, due to being an Enforcer. If you see yourselves in one of the images, say something.

PAX East isn't usually cosplay heavy, but I was so excited to see that change this year. You all did a magnificent job. <3

7th down sitting on the Throne is my husband. :-)

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

• rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    Ok I don't remember exactly when, but does anybody know what the giant like 10 foot tall cosplay was? There was a massive wall of people following what amounted to a walking booth and it was BONKERS.

SK3ozR5.png
  • NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    jddyslexia wrote: »
    Got our Hyrule Warriors cosplay on today!
    wish I saw you guys while I was wearing agitha ;-;

13092126_10153520975831630_921364103307466330_n.jpg?oh=05b9db6f353adf42cbfc74d9d787f596&oe=57BE1B59

S2ieAvx.png
  • SquirrelDragonSquirrelDragon Registered User regular
    I was running around as the Kylo Ren with the Vader Hates Jedi sign, handing our Pamphlets about our Lord and Savior Darth Vader. If anyone has pictures or video, especially from the Blankety-Blank panel I'd really appreciate it!

NFG wrote: »
    wish I saw you guys while I was wearing agitha ;-;

I was looking for you, too! I saw your progress photos in this thread. Were you Agatha on Saturday?

edited April 2016
    I was running around as the Kylo Ren with the Vader Hates Jedi sign, handing our Pamphlets about our Lord and Savior Darth Vader. If anyone has pictures or video, especially from the Blankety-Blank panel I'd really appreciate it!

OMG. That was you? I have to say that you were the highlight of that panel, especially the "rage quit" bit.

I don't have a picture I'm afraid. Sorry.

Canderson1989 on
  • DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    What was up with the cosplay contest at the acer party does anyone cosplay anything else besides League Of Legend's now of days. 99.9% of the cosplayers have the cosplay's commissioned out by a team and or a professional cosplay company to produce the props and costumes they use.

• MidnyghtChildeMidnyghtChilde NYRegistered User regular
    DaNicka wrote: »
    What was up with the cosplay contest at the acer party does anyone cosplay anything else besides League Of Legend's now of days. 99.9% of the cosplayers have the cosplay's commissioned out by a team and or a professional cosplay company to produce the props and costumes they use.

There were two big Fallout meetups. From what I saw on Twitter that Acer party had some non-LOL cosplayers but they didn't even offer them contest entrance tickets. I'm kinda glad I skipped it to see the CAH panel!

• DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular

There were two big Fallout meetups. From what I saw on Twitter that Acer party had some non-LOL cosplayers but they didn't even offer them contest entrance tickets. I'm kinda glad I skipped it to see the CAH panel!

The Judges were LOL Cosplayers and biased toward them. It's getting to the point where cosplaying is not a enjoyable part of the of the conventions anymore because if your not cosplaying with the in crowd or certain cliques in the community I feel they look down on you. In the end I cosplay for fun and enjoy doing it for myself and not for the fake fame and glory thinking I can bank $$$ of off it.

• BlitherPantsBlitherPants Registered User regular
    luisi wrote: »

You got my Bootleg Yoshi (tm) and my sister's Jigglypuff! Thanks! Does that mean you were the Machamp? You did an awesome job :biggrin:

"WHAT IS THIS DEFIANCE."
    -Black Doom
    m21di0kqu3em.png
  • GuhzoontightGuhzoontight A Goof Who Makes Things Registered User regular

I wanted to go in my Rajang cosplay, but didn't want to go without my friends who weren't really interested in going. Plus two of our friends were leaving the next morning so we wanted to go out with them. Though there is a lot of league stuff there is still plenty of non league! I personally don't like the game myself, but do enjoy the designs from the game. I also know that I had a lot of people ask me what skin I was from league or they said they honestly just assume someone is league if they don't know what it's from. Which is kind of sad, but I've taken no series offence from it. I know I won't always know what the person is from. So you just tell them if they ask! :D

• SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    If anyone as pics of my daughter as Rey(with bb8 cup and on my shoulders fir most of the day) from Saturday or Rosalina on Sunday she would love to see them.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Skrepo wrote: »
    If anyone as pics of my daughter as Rey(with bb8 cup and on my shoulders fir most of the day) from Saturday or Rosalina on Sunday she would love to see them.

I saw you two on saturday, She was absolutely adorable. I didn't stop anyone for photos, though. Sorry!

• Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I only really have these two images that my buddy took of my Biker cosplay. I found out real quick that everyone knows who Jacket is, who was my brother in law, but only a fraction of those people played the game far enough to meet Biker.

KBnEdAJ.jpg

5jZv84A.jpg

• RevPicky86RevPicky86 Gloucester, MA.Registered User regular
    This is the only Good Photo I got of my Batman Cosplay this year, I was stopped a lot for photos but so far have only see 3 online.

wu1qz158fer4.jpg

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I only really have these two images that my buddy took of my Biker cosplay. I found out real quick that everyone knows who Jacket is, who was my brother in law, but only a fraction of those people played the game far enough to meet Biker.
    *snip*

I had a similar experience. I think I got stopped maybe a dozen times between the 2 days I wore my cosplay. I'm fairly sure I saw your vest at the front of the security line while I was way in the back Saturday morning. I did find another helmetless biker in the Westin lobby at one point and I got recognized by a few Jackets that were floating around.

• designfemmedesignfemme Registered User new member
    RevPicky86 wrote: »
    This is the only Good Photo I got of my Batman Cosplay this year, I was stopped a lot for photos but so far have only see 3 online.

I think I got a pic of you on top of the T Rex! I sent it via PM. If you want, I can post it here in the thread too.

cn2wdo20jsdm.jpg
    My husband and I cosplaying Ciri and Geralt at the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine booth!

signature.png

• 'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    Amazing cosplays all around this year, guys! Awesome pictures! Currently looking for pictures or videos of me and my girlfriend as the Rocketeer and Red from Transistor. We we're on the floor Friday and Saturday. We've found a good number of Rocketeer but not as many photos of her as Red.

Photo a friends took of us.
    4caAl0n.jpg

We also have a cosplay page if you wanted to link it to there! Thanks!

15e5VyH.png
  • RevPicky86RevPicky86 Gloucester, MA.Registered User regular
    RevPicky86 wrote: »

I think I got a pic of you on top of the T Rex! I sent it via PM. If you want, I can post it here in the thread too.

I just saw the PM, thank you so much for getting that Picture.

• HydrophobicFishHydrophobicFish Registered User regular

I was the Asgore that you helped get a drink for on Sunday.

I have to agree, I was sad to see so few cosplays out there, but was excited to see the ones that I did though. Some of y'all really knocked it out of the park.