As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Given the wrong disk for a used game - List of used game vendors?

roj42roj42 Registered User new member
Hello,
I bought a used copy of mass effect 3 from a small booth on the main floor selling nothing but used games. I thought it was strange that it had one disc (and I should have recognized it!) and not two but the vendors confirmed that it only had one disk. Well, it doesn't, they sold me a ME1 disk. Unfortunately I have no receipt and paid cash. I'm luck it is such a cheap title.
Anyway, my point:
This might be a legitimate mistake (at least, it would make a horribly inefficient scam) and I'd like to contact them to get a refund or replacement if they offer it, but I'm having a hard time tracking them down. I've looked through lists of vendors, but most lists one can find are game exhibitors, not the smaller booths of merchandise.

Anyone know where I can get a list of booths and what they were selling? Then I'd at least have a chance of contacting the right people.

• Options
    GameUndergroundGameUnderground Registered User regular
    Hey Im fairly sure that was our booth Game Underground. We have a lot of people working for us that usually dont work in the store and may not know. Sorry about that. Please email me at gameundergroundstore@yahoo.com and we will refund you or send a replacement if we have it. Thanks!

• Options
    Thanks for the quick response. I emailed you just now.

• Options
    Hi, so no response to my email. Was this the correct address? Am I in your spam filter?
    Hey Im fairly sure that was our booth Game Underground. We have a lot of people working for us that usually dont work in the store and may not know. Sorry about that. Please email me at gameundergroundstore@yahoo.com and we will refund you or send a replacement if we have it. Thanks!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Assuming this is the right place, please take this to PMs.

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    He does ask a good question. I would like this in the future. PAX in general, especially this 2016 East, had some good game vendors with very good rare stuff. I found Lunar Eternal Blue for Sega CD at this con. However, I found it by just browsing and walking around. Who knows what other stores I did miss though because merch stores aren't listed in a separate category. It doesn't have to be specific, I am fine with game stores being lumped with gadget stores like We Are Fine or Valve Store. But it would be nice for future PAX cons that this information is somewhere, guide book or something else. I always want to know where they are so I can check them out right away, so it would be nice to know which booths on the map are merch. Granted if I know the names of the stores this is a mute point, but every year things might change. Store changes it's name etc...

I am aware of the grey area where merch is sold at a game booth (SuperGiant games for example). However this is an exception and they can be listed as just a game booth. I'm just asking for pure merch stores like GameUnderground, We Love Fine, Valve Store, etc...

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    As an example I believe I missed this Game Underground booth simply because I just didn't happen to walk by it. Just by looking at the names on the map I would have been only able to guess that it is a game store (it's name does suggest a little, but a game development company could also easily name their company Game Underground.) If there was something to tell me for sure it was a merch store I would have walked directly to it.

• Options
    To let folks know, GamesUnderground kindly issued me a refund.

If you DO find them on the dense, dense PAX map next year, know that they are cool guys.

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Also, if you live in the MetroWest region of Massachusetts, they have a physical store at the Natick Mall on the Route 9 side.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    CutrissCutriss El Bastardo Registered User regular
    With a bitchin' arcade. If you like import games a la Tokyo Attack, it's just as great of an option as Round One.

cMjZGw1.png