As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BEYOND all logic, BEYOND all writing quality, BEYOND: TWO SOULS

1235»

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    sooooo

I may have just written the first draft of an article about how the best parts of Beyond and The Walking Dead could become an entirely new narrative form

it

uh

it got a little more complicated than I thought that article was going to be

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    "Choose Your Own Adventure?"

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    "Choose Your Own Adventure?"

That'll never work, people will just peek ahead to figure out the endings they want!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So Yahtzee finally reviewed this. It's about what you'd expect, and it's also one of his funniest this year.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Rented this from Redbox. Just finished The Mission. I'm liking it so far, even if there are some issues with the writing (No Jody, don't take the child soldier with you to your assassination mission, and couldn't you have at least googled your target?). I haven't played a Cage game before so I don't know if this has been a big improvement for him or if it comparable with his others.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So I just picked this up for $19 at a Black Friday sale.

How much Cage crazy am I in for?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So I just picked this up for $19 at a Black Friday sale.

How much Cage crazy am I in for?

This is less "Cage threw kooky shit in there" and more "Cage is an absolutely abysmal script-writer and director"

So it's bad, but it's not bad in quite as fun a way as Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain

dN0T6ur.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I got this game on the PS4 in the last Flash Sale (early comments in this thread about how it's never coming to PS4 are amusing) and I'm at the Old Friends chapter. I'm sure I'll get flak for saying this but I'm enjoying it without needing to qualify that. Well, okay, the white girl savior thing is kinda dumb, but it's definitely the least dumb Cage game I've ever played.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wait, this game is almost 3 years old? That can't be right.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Wait, this game is almost 3 years old? That can't be right.

I read somewhere that time seems to pass faster the older you get, because fewer things are new to you and you start doing things (like your daily routines) on autopilot, without paying much attention to them.

I beat this a couple nights ago.

Verdict: best David Cage game. Still some weird stuff and some clumsily used tropes, especially in the Navajo chapter.