As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no true wow player

liEt3nH.png
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Death Knights getting dual swords made from the shards of Frostmourne is kinda badass.

Not as badass as getting Frostmourne itself, but what can you do.

RT800 on
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Well they could have kept death knights wielding 2handers for all specs lol

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Frost DKs haven't been 2h since...god...Wrath? Or was it only Warlords they were DW?

Dhalphir on
    I'm reasonably sure they at least had a pretty good choice between the two before WoD. Now there is no reason to play 2h over dual wield.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I know I DW'd on my DK all the way through ICC back in the day.

Even if the available weapon itemization was... Weird.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    If thunderstrike/shadowstrike isnt iconic to you in any way, you weren't there...

You have a weird definition of iconic if an ugly pos weapon that literally no one wanted or used fits it.

Unless you were going for the ironic hipster artifact?

• BaalorBaalor Registered User regular
    The shadow priest dagger is alive and talks to you! That is iconic enough for me :)

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    If thunderstrike/shadowstrike isnt iconic to you in any way, you weren't there...

You have a weird definition of iconic if an ugly pos weapon that literally no one wanted or used fits it.

This is exactly why it's iconic: every time it dropped it was a collective groan to the point that it became the icon of worthless gear no one wanted. It also seemed to have a higher drop rate than the rest of Harbinger's drops: I cannot tell you how many times that damn thing dropped for my MC group.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The Protection Warrior artifact is aesthetically a bit dull, but goddamn, the activated flame breath ability is super badass.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular

What are you talking about? It's like a free Nexus Crystal right there! :rotate:

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like dual wielding on my death knight as frost it feels so good and right

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I don't know. I miss the glory days of 2H frost for Unholy because Blizzard needed Scourge Strike so hard into the ground. Mmm, dat Obliterate crit for 12k, dat Death Coil crit for 20k. But oh no. I don't have my cloud of Unholy Stank anymore.

If anything, DW on DK as Unholy and Blood was funny, especially with the oversized 1h swords from Naxx.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I think the whole vanilla server thing is a bollocks idea that only serves to drain resources away from actual progress but if it does happen nothing can be done about it sadly.

For some reason so far all information on the pet battle front aside from them doing their basic "We can't figure out how to fix it so we're just going to hit it with something heavy until it breaks" method of changes is that the pet currency will remain to be Garrison pet charms so if you're into the pets as much as i am it won't hurt to start squirreling them away for legion.

Won't lose anything if you do even if the currency changes unless they remove the garrison vendors which would be pointless.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'd like to see the Timeless Isle pet tournament start awarding charms. You don't really outgear or outlevel pet content, so some of this stuff could stand to keep its relevance.

Iconic doesn't necessarily mean good or universally loved. Hitler and Stalin are pretty iconic historical figures and they weren't. Shadowstrike was basically a running joke for anyone that did MC. It was something that any new hunter in a guild was forcibly given if they hadn't received one before. After the patch that introduced nexus crystals it was jokingly called shardstrike. It was most certainly enough of a thing to be iconic, just as much as melee hunter was a thing, which is why I made the suggestion.
    Brainleech wrote: »

I certainly don't want them to get rid of dual wield, I just don't like that they have effectively removed the choice between 2h and dual. It is probably easier to balance and design for one or the other though. I think unholy makes way more sense as dual wield though, with the whole death by a thousand cuts lots of smaller strikes thing. Where frost has an ability called obliterate, which just feels like it should be a big 2h smash. Instead howling blast and frost strike are the highest damage abilities, which is weird for howling blast because it is ranged, costs 1 rune less, adds a dot, and is aoe (compared to obliterate).

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of actual gear come from pet battles. It doesn't have to be top of the line, and probably shouldn't. But it needs more interesting rewards, and more people playing around with it would shake up the battle pet economy on the AH.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thunderstrike is the artifact weapon for Enchanters

YL9WnCY.png
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I mean I guess Hitler and Stalin are iconic figures for Nazis and Stalinists?

So point proven I guess?

The confusion here is that you think iconic means "something you want to aspire for" while what it really means is "memorable for a specific reason"

No I think iconic is an adjective of icon, which is a person or a thing that you revere or idolize.

Lifted straight from dictionary.com!

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    It can be that.

I can also just be a widely known symbol or representation of something.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I think the whole vanilla server thing is a bollocks idea that only serves to drain resources away from actual progress but if it does happen nothing can be done about it sadly.

For some reason so far all information on the pet battle front aside from them doing their basic "We can't figure out how to fix it so we're just going to hit it with something heavy until it breaks" method of changes is that the pet currency will remain to be Garrison pet charms so if you're into the pets as much as i am it won't hurt to start squirreling them away for legion.

Won't lose anything if you do even if the currency changes unless they remove the garrison vendors which would be pointless.

Never underestimate how much money "Will you JUST SHUT UP GOD" is worth.

I wonder if they're taking away our Garrison hearthstones or not.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I wonder if they're taking away our Garrison hearthstones or not.

I don't see why they would.

Not that I can't see it happening, but I think it'd be silly if they did that.

Yeah I was just trying to think if there was any unintended conveniences that it would give us access to which would make people want to spend time in Draenor. Can't think of any.

No I think iconic is an adjective of icon, which is a person or a thing that you revere or idolize.

If you're going to play the Dictionary.com game, why'd you pick the 4th definition and ignore the 3rd: a sign or representation that stands for its object by virtue of a resemblance or analogy to it.

I hope they don't get rid of the garrison hearth. It gives me quick access to an AH, repair/reagent vendor, and Bank/transmog without having to fly all around a town to get to all of them. Sometimes I'll do the pet battles with different teams while waiting on queues too. My garrison is my sanctuary from people spamming annoying as hell toys and abilities.
    Thunderstrike is the artifact weapon for Enchanters

You're my hero for posting this lol, there's a fishing artifact, why not ones for other professions!?

Opty wrote: »

If you're going to play the Dictionary.com game, why'd you pick the 4th definition and ignore the 3rd: a sign or representation that stands for its object by virtue of a resemblance or analogy to it.

I didn't ignore it? I chose the definition that matched my statement, which you said was incorrect.

But yes, Thunderstrike is truly an icon of shitty loot that no one wanted.

Yeah I was just trying to think if there was any unintended conveniences that it would give us access to which would make people want to spend time in Draenor. Can't think of any.

They're also the compass to bring you to your garrison, though I imagine they might get rid of that.

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular

You read it online and everything, I've personally never seen iconic used that way but if it was online then you must be completely right.

Oh, ok.

They're also the compass to bring you to your garrison, though I imagine they might get rid of that.

Never really understood the point of that item.

Assuming average garrison progress, you get it like two weeks before you get level 3 and the table is moved into your main garrison anyway. And it's not like you need to replace ships that often.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Because the shipyard was incredibly poorly planned and rushed?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Also because lvl 3 didn't used to put a table in garrison, they patched that in.

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Doesn't that compass have a 4-hour cooldown too?

Anyway, the trinket or necklace or whatever that warps you to Black Temple in Outland still works, so I expect they'll keep the garrison hearthstone and compass.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It's gotta be a surreal and frustrating thing for the current devs to think about, in that most these people are asking for vanilla servers because they think you're shit at your job and hate everything you've done with WoW over the past decade+.

edited May 2016
    The cognitive dissonance for me is that I think almost every single individual change has been the right choice to make, and has improved the game, but, collectively, have impacted the game in other ways that I don't like. Does that make sense?

Dhalphir on
  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Not sure if this was posted, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5elh0aaIIz0

That is just too cool.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
    Duskwood as a zone was really cool from a story and atmosphere point of view. The last time i did it was pre cata, but I liked it. It maybe was a little long to run across without a fp, but there were rare spawns and mobs that dropped quests to kill, and you needed spider legs if I remember right.

I agree that the small changes are generally good. But almost every change over the years has basically given less and less incentive for people to communicate and play together. The result is that no one has to rely on other people and therefore can be major douches in chat. At least in vanilla the crappy people could be ostracized by the community or would gravitate to the servers "shitty people guild". Its a balance between community and personal quality of life that has been flipped since launch. Its certainly the community involvement people want back in the game rather than most of the systems, just that both of those are linked in some major ways.

This discussion has been closed.