As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Disarming bombs and things like that drives me nuts. I keep thinking the 4 popping up at the bottom of the screen means space bar (I mean, who puts space bar at the top, right). Took me a while to take care of the Kraken.

Yeah that drove me nuts…I kept getting all thrown off with spacebar on Kraken too...

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    it's why i can't fucking get cap's fourth costume

actually no that's not why

i can't get it because that fight with winter soldier is fucking hard as shit

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So, Deadpool + Murderworld = Pure Win.

[spoiler:2a09ea4777]Deadpool running over clowns in a bumpercar? And in the Arcade fight 2 of my guys got stomped, so it was pretty much up to Deadpool. Deadpool getting shot out of a cannon and annoying a giant robot?

Yes please.[/spoiler:2a09ea4777]

Scooter on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Beat it.

Thinking about trading it in. Doubt I'll play it again.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    So, Deadpool + Murderworld = Pure Win.

[spoiler:01e45dfc90]Deadpool running over clowns in a bumpercar? And in the Arcade fight 2 of my guys got stomped, so it was pretty much up to Deadpool. Deadpool getting shot out of a cannon and annoying a giant robot?

Yes please.[/spoiler:01e45dfc90]

Deadpools comic mission (also in the Murderworld) is pretty cool too.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Servo wrote:
    it's why i can't fucking get cap's fourth costume

actually no that's not why

i can't get it because that fight with winter soldier is fucking hard as shit

Really? I found the Winter Soldier fight easy but the disarming of the 3rd bomb really fucking hard.

His reward costume is worth it though.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I asked this in G&T but I guess people have gotten tired of talking about the game there. Anyone know of a good walkthrough? The one I've been using and the others I've found only seem to go to about halfway through Act 3.

I don't care about finding every little thing, but I do want those sim disks.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Goddamn, the frost giant fight is freaking retarded.

I mean, it's got the button hitting thing that messes me up on my keyboard bad enough, but then they have you fighting at a camera angle that makes it almost impossible to know where you even are, let alone fight well.

Goddamn

Scooter on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    I asked this in G&T but I guess people have gotten tired of talking about the game there. Anyone know of a good walkthrough? The one I've been using and the others I've found only seem to go to about halfway through Act 3.

How's this Scooter? Just updated today.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/marvel_ultimate_alliance_a.txt

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:

How's this Scooter? Just updated today.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/marvel_ultimate_alliance_a.txt

Nice, that was the one I was using until, well, just a day or two ago.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ugh, do I upgrade my PC or buy a next gen platform? Moon Knight and Colossus are awesome but I don't know...I just don't know!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Next gen platform...

my god man... GEARS OF WAR...

nuff said.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Next gen platform...

nuff said.
    Or Twilight Princess, if that's more your thing.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Next gen platform...

nuff said.
    Still coming to the Gamecube.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Next gen platform...

nuff said.
    Still coming to the Gamecube.

But the Wii version is definitive, better controls and better shaders and the such. And then you've got MP3, Super Mario Galaxy, and SSMB: B to look forward too.

On the other hand, Gears of War is really, really awesome, so it's up to what kind of games you like.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Oh yeah no doubt the Wii has some awesome stuff.

Just, Zelda isn't really a reason to pick it up in and of itself seeing as you can get it on a console you may already own.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oh yeah no doubt the Wii has some awesome stuff.

Just, Zelda isn't really a reason to pick it up in and of itself seeing as you can get it on a console you may already own.

True enough.

Also, if M: UA is a deciding factor on which platform you go with, keep in mind the differences in the versions, namely, different controls for the Wii(menu selection of abilities is replaced with using gestures), and online play with the 360.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So, uh, this mod lets you play as Colossus and Moon Knight on the PC version.

http://mistertrioxin.seetle.net/HTMLobj-3233/ColossusMK.rar

Edit: I've heard that trying to load a saved game with these characters enabled usually just crashes, so your best bet is to start a new game.

Nondoc on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So if you unlock characters/costumes in one game, do you get to use them in future games?

Scooter on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    So if you unlock characters/costumes in one game, do you get to use them in future games?
    When you start a new game, it asks if you wannna use data from a previous save. Just select your most recent save (or your only save, if you just save over a single one) and you have all of your unlocked outfits and stats in the new game.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Argh...man, this is an awesome game, but every now and then there's some shit that just ruins things...

[spoiler:1a37054e24]During the final fight with Doom while I'm attempting to take out the dark FF, my entire AI team spends the entire fight charging Doom and getting knocked back over and over and over. So I spend 20 minutes clearing clones, then one of those stupid 'minigames' starts and I've lost before I've even seen which key pops up on the screen.

yargh[/spoiler:1a37054e24]

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, when i was fighting the frost giant guy...my guys would just stand there and pick their noses...they do that a lot...drives me nuts. I wish they used their special powers...every now and then.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Argh...man, this is an awesome game, but every now and then there's some shit that just ruins things...

[spoiler:f6235c4136]During the final fight with Doom while I'm attempting to take out the dark FF, my entire AI team spends the entire fight charging Doom and getting knocked back over and over and over. So I spend 20 minutes clearing clones, then one of those stupid 'minigames' starts and I've lost before I've even seen which key pops up on the screen.

yargh[/spoiler:f6235c4136]

Yeah, the AI sucks... that's why it always comes down to Spider-Woman and her venom blast... honestly, with that sucker you don't NEED anyone else.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

[spoiler:a064484b7a]During the final fight with Doom while I'm attempting to take out the dark FF, my entire AI team spends the entire fight charging Doom and getting knocked back over and over and over. So I spend 20 minutes clearing clones, then one of those stupid 'minigames' starts and I've lost before I've even seen which key pops up on the screen.

yargh[/spoiler:a064484b7a]

Yeah, the AI sucks... that's why it always comes down to Spider-Woman and her venom blast... honestly, with that sucker you don't NEED anyone else.
    *coughOriginalGhostRiderwithmaxedRavagingFlamescough*

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    RonnieWooWoo!RonnieWooWoo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ok I think my copy of the game is broken. My Captain America seems to be sexually attracted to bottomless pits. I'm serious, he'll stop mid-battle and just run headfirst into a giant hole. I'm getting really sick of backtracking to save points and waiting five minutes to get his ass back in play. What the shit?

RonnieWooWoo! on
    Woo!
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

[spoiler:a0225ca144]During the final fight with Doom while I'm attempting to take out the dark FF, my entire AI team spends the entire fight charging Doom and getting knocked back over and over and over. So I spend 20 minutes clearing clones, then one of those stupid 'minigames' starts and I've lost before I've even seen which key pops up on the screen.

yargh[/spoiler:a0225ca144]

*coughOriginalGhostRiderwithmaxedRavagingFlamescough*

All of my teammates were killed almost immediately, so it was up to General Samuel L. Jackson...I mean, Nick Fury and his trusty SMG to save the day.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Deadpools dual wield blast is also insane. When Wolverine goes feral, boss fights take like 10 seconds. I can't not use spider-man on my team due largely to fanboyism, he just doesn't do nearly as good as some of my other characters do :(

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Deadpools dual wield blast is also insane. When Wolverine goes feral, boss fights take like 10 seconds. I can't not use spider-man on my team due largely to fanboyism, he just doesn't do nearly as good as some of my other characters do :(

It depends on what you put your points into. If you level up that web yank move, he isn't bad. Plus, swinging around with him is unbeatable.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:

It depends on what you put your points into. If you level up that web yank move, he isn't bad. Plus, swinging around with him is unbeatable.

I use Web Yank, Slingshot kick thing and Web Bullets. Max out your Web Bullets, and wear something that increases energy regen. :^: :^: :^:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sentry wrote:

I use Web Yank, Slingshot kick thing and Web Bullets. Max out your Web Bullets, and wear something that increases energy regen. :^: :^: :^:

cytorak on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    Finished the game this afternoon. [spoiler:97e7cb88dd]Has anyone figured out whether there's a "good" outcome to the Nightcrawler/Jean Gray situation? I also missed freeing Deathbird. I didn't see any way to release her from the energy field. I'm assuming there was some sort of computer console nearby.[/spoiler:97e7cb88dd]

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I haven't finished it yet, but according to the walkthrough

[spoiler:b26cd6dfbf]If Nightcrawler dies,

Mystique kills Xavier in revenge. If Phoenix dies, she comes back as Dark Phoenix and blows shit up. And yes, one of them has to die. As for Lilandra, there's a high-HP console next to her that needs to be destroyed, it takes about 30 seconds.[/spoiler:b26cd6dfbf]

Edit: I'd like to add that they had balls to put stuff like that in there.

Scooter on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm glad I read those spoilers, makes me want to go back to M:UA and beat it. I just finished GoW's story but multiplayer is a blast and Smackdown 07 comes out today...I need more hours in the day.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SnarlSnarl Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    I play this on the 360 and I love it, awesome game ton's o fun, I'l buy the sequel without hesitation, hope they add levels/characters on XBox Live. So far the Team I've started Hard level on Thor (Classic Outfit), Iron Man (Classic Outfit), Ghost Rider (Original Outfit) and Iceman (Default Outfit).

Thor Rocks

just needed to get that of my chest :)

Snarl on
    Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ok, I need a little input. I'd like suggestions on powers and costumes.

To start off, I'd like input on Spidey, Deadpool, Cap, and Iron Man.....

Oh yeah, I have Colossus and Moon Knight thanks to that slick mod, on the off chance that Moon Knight is ridiculously better than Cap or Iron Man, let me know about him too.

P.S. Yes I am crossposting this in the other thread.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ultimate Deadpool is awesome.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ultimate Deadpool's costume and upgrades in game are awesome.

remember, in the comics he sucks.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I disagree

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I just picked this up. Anyone down for some co-op?

skippydumptruck on