As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[phalla] Final Fantasy IV: Know Suffering, Know Death, Know Mafia Victory

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Invictus wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »

Not as per the game. The earth fiend has no particular connection to poison, crazily enough.

What are you talking about? He has poison powers in the original FF4J and the rereleases. He might've not had it in FF4JEZ and FF2US, I guess, my memory of that is hazy. But I checked Final Fantasy wikia a couple days ago to try and figure out what powers mafia might have based on the major villains' powers.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    And continuing on that point, Barbariccia can stone in most versions, as can pretty much every hero capable of casting black magic or equipping axes or bows. But there's no petrifying summon in FFIV as far as I know.

Edit: No wait, cockatrice. I always forget about the generic enemies Rydia can learn to summon.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Day Five: You are a slave to your emotions, and so will never know true strength

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX0UITi5FqI

jdarksun did not run as the angered heroes approached him. “You are slaves to your emotions and so will never know true strength.”

“And I’ve had just about enough of your posturing and yap. Try this on for size,” said lonelyahava. Detaching a bomb from Cid belt he threw it at Rubicante the Autarch of Flame. Rubicante merely turned and caught it on his mantle.

One of the Epopts, AustinP0027 rushed to tend to Cid’s injuries and was caught in Rubicante’s return blast. Despite the casualties, the heroes managed to bring down the noblest of the Archfiends.

This is a well-crafted cobaltite statue of premium.
    The item is a well-designed image of premium the ???
    The premium is holding a dacite door.

Softened
    @chamberlain

The Dead:

jdarksun - Rubicante the Autarch of Flame - The Vote
    lonelyahava - Cid - Was it flame? Let me show you how
    AustinP0027 - Epopts - Was it flame? Let me show you how
    premium - Statue - ???

All PMs are out. Everyone voted… AS IT SHOULD BE. Please notify me if you want to be swapped with a reserve.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOooOOOOOOOOO

Thanks a lot Cid! Frickin' A.

OooOoOoooOoO

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Player list
    1. Martoss
    2. JusticeforPluto
    3. kime
    4. cj iwakura
    5. Virgil_Leads_You
    6. Grunt's Ghosts
    7. LostNinja
    8. H3Knuckles
    9. premium-stoned
    10. SeGaTai
    11. Assuran
    12. chamberlain
    13. Invictus

I'm assuming there are 2 mafia left.

Assuran on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I am no longer stoned!

• Options
    At least two: Golbez (mind controller?) and Barbariccia (stoner?). If Zemus/Zeromus are in play, they are the mind controller and Golbez is needed for the second bombing the mafia only sometimes have.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ooooo

short sweet and lovely

ooooo

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I am no longer stoned!

and I'm no longer poisoned - Hi5 - which leaves a surprising amount of healers considering

Also thanks masked stranger

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Um, guys? I think I've found a problem. There are too many character roles for the remaining players unless @38thDoe either cut player characters or @Grunt's Ghosts and/or @chamberlain are lying about being miller monsters. The fact they were the ones who originally came forward with MrT to argue Cythraul was a death miller (and he was, so was phyphor as claimed) makes me think at least one of them is telling the truth, but that leaves the following possibilites:
    • Grunt's Ghosts & chamberlain are both telling the truth, and 2 heroes got cut
    • one of them is telling the truth, the other is mafia, and 1 player has the twins Palom & Porom <- I think this is most likely, especially given the 8 Epopts were rolled into one player role.
    • both of them are lying and we've got our mafia

Or something really weird is up and someone has the ability to disguise corpses as someone else, but the corpse seer in the network has only ever seen death millers' faction change, never an ID change. Really wishing our seer lived another day or two to confirm.

Edited: How do you format a shoutout for forum members with a space in their name? Fixed!?

Edit #80,000 :P : Also, by my count there is definitely only 2 mafia left: Golbez & Barbariccia.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    see previous days here
    Days 1-3
    Day 4

Day 5 votes let me know if there are any errors
    voter: candidate (running tally), withdrawn vote (updated tally)
    1. Assuran: Martoss (1)
    2. invictus: premium (1)
    3. premium: Raiden333 (1) - invalid vote, Raiden was already dead
    4. premium: Assuran (1), Raiden333 (0)
    5. invictus: cj iwakura (1), premium (0)
    6. Martoss: Assuran (2)
    7. LostNinja: jdarksun (1)
    8. cj iwakura: Assuran (3)
    9. AustinP0027: jdarksun (2)
    10. Virgil_Leads_You: jdarksun (3)
    11. lonelyahava: jdarksun (4)
    12. Grunt's Ghosts: jdarksun (5)
    13. jdarksun: premium (1)
    14. Assuran: jdarksun (6), Martoss (0)
    15. cj iwakura: jdarksun (7), Assuran (2)
    16. kime: Assuran (3)
    17. H3Knuckles: jdarksun (8)
    18. SeGaTai: jdarksun (9)
    19. Justice for Pluto: jdarksun (10)

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I think it is time to explore H3Knuckles

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    If there are any healers alive after Austin's death, can you contact me please.

It'd also be super helpful if any other villagers reached out as well.

• Options
    Going to put a placeholder vote in on JFP. He and SeGaTai were both late to the Jdark wagon yesterday which makes me wonder if they just threw a vote on him after it was decided to conceal their mafia-ness.

• Options
    JFP

Forgot to bold it.

• Options
    I made an edit to the player list to reflect it was premium, not chamberlain currently stoned.

My bad!

As for the vote today, I'd say Kime is looking suspicious for his late vote on me when the outcome was still in doubt.

• Options
    I'm also way open to changing this vote and I don't feel great about it at all. I just am not sure where else to look except for on people who voted for me yesterday.

• Options
    MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    I feel like JusticeforPluto's vote record has been just a little too safe. Worked for me on Day 1, works for me now.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Going to put a placeholder vote in on JFP. He and SeGaTai were both late to the Jdark wagon yesterday which makes me wonder if they just threw a vote on him after it was decided to conceal their mafia-ness.

Usually don't vote till late, cause it's a pain doing tags on my phone. But I'm still curious how you managed to die and come back

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »

Usually don't vote till late, cause it's a pain doing tags on my phone. But I'm still curious how you managed to die and come back

We all have our powers.

For anyone questioning if I came back mafia, I'll point out that I started the Jdark wagon yesterday.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't know who is evil. Someone fix that and admit to being mafia.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I still suspect kime, but if the mass is sure about !JFP...
    kime wrote: »
    I don't know who is evil. Someone fix that and admit to being mafia.

You have the floor.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Okay, fuck it I've got an official seer call right here.

CJ

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    And he was in contact with Austin, which was the healer I was talking to.

I knows things!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

CJ

Hate to break it to you, chief: the seer died last night. A for effort, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

CJ

Oh hey look at that!

Is there any reason LostNinja isn't doing the seer call?

Steam profile
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Can someone rehearse what the fuck just happened? GG, are you vouching for JfP?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options

CJ

Oh hey look at that!

Because he's trying not to get mobbed. I've been working with LostNinja since he was revived. That's if he wants to vouch for me, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

CJ

Oh hey look at that!

Because it's bullshit and I am 100% sure CJ is village.

• Options
    edited May 2016

He's been talking to Austin for the last... 2 days I believe (at least that's when I became aware of it). It's not vouche per say, but Lostninja didn't immediately give him up so I think he's cool.

Edit: LOST NINJA, NOT JFP.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I knows things!

If Austin were alive this would be awesome, but now it just looks like the mafia knew Austin was a healer when they killed him!

Edit: wait now I see you were referring to LostNinja, taking back my accusations.

Martoss on
  • Options
    Martoss wrote: »

I knows things!

If Austin were alive this would be awesome, but now it just looks like the mafia knew Austin was a healer when they killed him!

He's saying I was in contact with Austin (I was) as a way of saying I look legit.

Again the JFP "seer call" is bogus and I will 100% vouch CJ is village.

Side note: the one time fake seer call was one thing, but if this shit starts happening every game it's really bad form.

• Options

He's been talking to Austin for the last... 2 days I believe (at least that's when I became aware of it). It's not vouche per say, but Lostninja didn't immediately give him up so I think he's cool.

Edit: LOST NINJA, NOT JFP.

Yeah, that was one poorly timed post, was about to say.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

I knows things!

He's saying I was in contact with Austin (I was) as a way of saying I look legit.

Side note: the one time fake seer call was one thing, but if this shit starts happening every game it's really bad form.

I dunno, this is an emergency 'oh god I'm screwed time to go for the long ball' play, which is pretty common. Nothing wrong with the desperation play. the big point is just not to reveal too much info in response to it.

JusticeforPluto

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options

I knows things!

Yeah I jumped the gun here, you're cool with me again GG.

...for now!

• Options
    I disagree with anything "bad form" about this. It's a tactic. Lying is part of the game, it's basically the central part of the game.

Anyways, sorry JusticeforPluto, you've been overruled.

Steam profile
  • Options
    JFP because fake seer calls are bad form. We can't have that being a thing, people. No matter how desperate you are.

• Options
    JFP because fake seer calls are bad form. We can't have that being a thing, people. No matter how desperate you are.

This. Lying is part of the game, and one every now and then isn't terrible, but if it starts happening every single game, or multiple times a game, the entire structure of a phalla is screwed and we'll see our already shrinking player base disappear to the point where we can't even get a game started.

• Options
    JFP. If JFP isn't mafia, CJ and Lost Ninja probably are the last two

• Options

CJ

Out of curiosity, just in case you die green, what exactly did CJ show up as? Lonelyahava was very specific.