As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Coming September 20, 2016!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited June 2016 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage Nolan North found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. As of September 15, 2015, we have entered Year Two of Destiny, which has ushered in a host of new content, quality of life changes, UI improvements, weapon balance tweaks, and whole new ways to play. At its core, Destiny is still a cooperative role-playing FPS with levels and rep to grind and new and exciting gear and weapons to seek out. But it's getting a whole lot bigger with version 2.0 and its biggest expansion yet, The Taken King.

Still relevant: The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere. Humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars, and from within its walls, we have begun to rebuild. We have begun to fight back. But even as we stand tall, our Light visible in the canyons and craters of far-off worlds, blinding our enemies with its brilliance, the Darkness threatens to close in around us. And everything we know about our enemy is about to change.

destiny-the-taken-king-listing-thumb-01-us-16jun15?$Icon$

The Taken King

In Year One of Destiny, we the Wise and Noble Guardians of Pax Arcadia traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Today, the Tower stands because of the bravery and sacrifice of our ranks. Our legend is known far and wide across the bloodied fields of the Crucible. We have earned the favor of the Queen and now protect her Reef from those who would tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. But we faced trials as well, true challenges that required complete cooperation and tested our limits, especially when we plunged into the depths of the Dark Below and stood face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

Now a deeper Darkness stirs. From the shadows beyond, Oryx himself has learned of our triumph, and he will not abide our insolence, our courage - our Legend. He is assembling a mysterious, twisted force that he plans to unleash upon our world. It is our duty to stop him. Prepare yourselves, Arcadians: the Taken King comes for us all.

destiny-thetakenking-screen-04-us-15jun15?$TwoColumn_Media$

Join the ranks of Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!
(and with the new firmware, we now have a PS4 Community!)

oys3p1lw64ty.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (Sept. 22, 2015): We presently have room in the PA clan on Xbox One, but we're full up at the 100-person cap on the PS4 side for both PA and PA2. That being said, we're typically cycling people out for inactivity lasting over six months and spots tend to open up very frequently! Follow the instructions below!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're joining the group(s) and applying to the clan.
2. Join the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link). If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and join that, too. You don't need admin approval to join the groups.
3. Once you're in one or both Bungie.net groups, click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in the banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to that group's respective clan (either PA or PA2). If you're on PSN, you'll probably need to apply to PA2, the overflow clan. If you're on Xbox, you can apply to PA and don't need to mess with PA2.
4. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement.
5. If you've sent us a PM and added yourself to the Mega-Roster, we'll accept you as soon as we can.
6. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Find teammates with The100.io!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

Keeping Track of Things

Guide for anyone getting back into the game, courtesy of reddit and shared with the thread by @Erevar

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here: http://www.destinytracker.com

Year Two Emblem Codes from TTK Collector's Edition (codes still being cracked):
3VF-LGC-RLX (Insula Thesauraria)
Redeem Here

Year One Shaders, Emblems, and Grimoire Codes:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

Destiny-Massively-Successful-Over-5-Million-Unique-Twitch-Viewers-On-Week-One-459279-2.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Pretty pleased that Bungie's finally fixing the unreliable melee in this patch. I don't know (a) what caused the break in the first place or (b) why it took so long to fix, but Bladedancer hasn't been viable for a long time because of it and I'm glad that it's probably back.

On a personal note, not that anyone should care, but I may look to pass along roster mgmt responsibilities sometime soonish. I haven't had much time to play lately (as you guys who still play regularly can tell), and I don't want you to feel that I'm doing you a disservice by being MIA, especially as we ramp up for new content and whatnot. I don't mind keeping up with DMs and the spreadsheet, and I will be 100% down for D2, but I shouldn't keep mgmt stuff under lock and key if I'm occupied. So much love for PA <3

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    still the best loot shooter on the market

edit:

Like, I played a bunch of Division. I actually wanted to like it! But oh my jesuses the handling of the bugs and the community and its just the worst right now

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that fresh new thread smell!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Thanks to @Radiation for taking me through the Night Fall last night. I know it was a pain because Lenster and I are lower light than required.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Ugh, don't want to be at work, I want to be unlockin' the perks on my sweet ass new scout rifle!

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Thanks to Radiation for taking me through the Night Fall last night. I know it was a pain because Lenster and I are lower light than required.

Would have been on last night but I was drained after class, that and having to nurse my son and wife as they are both sick. :\

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    Any xbox one titans also need the stupid (or warlocks I guess) 3 x 7 orbs thing too? I'd like to knock that out sometime, trying to completely clear all my quests.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Any xbox one titans also need the stupid (or warlocks I guess) 3 x 7 orbs thing too? I'd like to knock that out sometime, trying to completely clear all my quests.

Ugh, those quests took me forever to finish up. I just kept doing Heroic Strikes, hoping for Undying Mind or maybe Omnigul. Eventually I got them all, but Titan did take a while.

I've been working on the Crucible subclass quests, and I just have the final steps for Defender and Sunsinger to wrap up. I'm a bit stuck on the Sunsinger, though. I need to get multikills with my Super, but Radiance isn't "instantly kill all mans" the way Fist o' Havoc or Nova Bomb are, and people run away when they see me flame-on. I haven't worked on it since the 2.2.0 buff though, it's probably easier to do now.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    awsimo wrote: »

Ugh, those quests took me forever to finish up. I just kept doing Heroic Strikes, hoping for Undying Mind or maybe Omnigul. Eventually I got them all, but Titan did take a while.

I've been working on the Crucible subclass quests, and I just have the final steps for Defender and Sunsinger to wrap up. I'm a bit stuck on the Sunsinger, though. I need to get multikills with my Super, but Radiance isn't "instantly kill all mans" the way Fist o' Havoc or Nova Bomb are, and people run away when they see me flame-on. I haven't worked on it since the 2.2.0 buff though, it's probably easier to do now.

Slap on Heart of Praxic Fire, pick the perks Touch of Flame and Viking Funeral and you are well on your way.

I never bothered with the Crucible quests, I hate stuff that forces me to play in a specific way in PvP, so I just ignore them.

Sirialis on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

I'm going to remind folks of the "Grab two friends, select the first earth strike from the director and run back to the start of patrol to make the basement yellow hive pay" strategy.

You can skip the friends if you're willing to be a jerk.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    You can run Sepiks Prime and kill the 3 yello bar hive under the Cosmodrome starting area for your 7 orbs as a titan. I'd solo the strike, if I could but you can't do that on Xbox sadly.

My Warlock is also hung up on the radiance multi kills for PVP.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    @Obifett I was trying to fix my clan tag and accidentally left and rejoined Pax Arcadia, can I get let back in the treehouse?

• Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Warning: mostly a humble brag post but you are the ones that will "get" this.

So I've taken a break from Destiny for about a month and took a break from the last 2 or 3 threads (a new kid does that). Got back into Destiny with the April update and I'm up to a 329 hunter/328 warlock/328 titan with Ironic Banana and PoE. Considering my hunter was at around 310 and the others were barely over 300, I LOVE the new reward systems. And all of that without raiding (too much of a time sink with a 3 month old). I'm close to hitting a wall though cuz I don't think I can get anything over a 320 artifact without raiding.

Last night, doing my rounds after reset, I was finishing up my weekly crucible bounties on the hunter. Between grinding out the Crucible emblems and the IB, I think I'm getting better at PvP :o . Doing the daily Control, managed to get matched with a good team. 5 of the 6 of us all had a K/D above 1.25. I had a very solid round (2.25 K/D, 18 kills). It ended up being 20000-11000. Unlucky matchmaking for the other team. Few minutes later, get a hate message from one of the opposing players. For curiosity sake, I decided to look up his stats on bungie.net and he's got more play time than I do even though I've got 15 light on him!! I REALLLY wanted to insult back saying something like "get good noob" but that would be so mean. Got one or two more in the IB too....is this what being good at a game is like? :confused: I've run into some great PvP's before but I never feel the need to go insult them.

If anyone is still left on the PS3, add me, I'm down for whatever (PSN: wesgilbert). Usually do PoE/CoE early on the week and bounties/crucible later in the week.

Gilbert0 on
    Gilbert0 Challenge of Elders with the sigil can drop >330 gear for you and a single run is about the length of a normal strike (just 3 boss rooms). You are high enough level that it shouldn't be particularly challenging.

Getting two other folks on PS3 might be an issue though.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Obifett I was trying to fix my clan tag and accidentally left and rejoined Pax Arcadia, can I get let back in the treehouse?

Done

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Someone tell me how and when to best use suppression grenades in PvP...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited May 2016
    Khraul wrote: »

Do you suspect someone on the other team is having fun?

throw a grenade at them, remind them that fun is not allowed around you

then use your jetpack to fly over them and remind them of the things they used to have, like double jumps

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    y4p3xseumnat.png
    dyi4qztlvpbr.png
    ue1tviyfkrzn.png
    Results from the CoE Pug last night about 1:30 AM (I couldn't sleep.)

I got a couple other things from my run that I only realized after I took the screen shot. My new LL is actually 332!

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    skyknyt wrote: »

then use your jetpack to fly over them and remind them of the things they used to have, like double jumps

Suppression grenades remove their jumps?!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6

Suppression grenades disable:
    • Supers
    • Grenades
    • Jump abilities

Gotta watch out though, as if you're in the blast radius effect you too, just like any other grenade.

Tycho wrote:
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

Sometimes I run Defender in PVP with my Armamentarium. Since I have a full INT/DISC build I just run around throwing suppression grenades as soon as they refresh.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Suppression grenades disable:
    • Supers
    • Grenades
    • Jump abilities

Gotta watch out though, as if you're in the blast radius effect you too, just like any other grenade.

I think 75% of all my suppression grenades are immediately followed by "EEK I'M PURPLE!" and then me running around in circles hoping for the best.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Gilbert0 Challenge of Elders with the sigil can drop >330 gear for you and a single run is about the length of a normal strike (just 3 boss rooms). You are high enough level that it shouldn't be particularly challenging.

I have been. LFG is actually ok. I've been doing them every week (that's how I'm up so high so quick). Bladedancer last night, personally I was getting 20K+ alone. As a team, we were over 45K total for a single run.

The problem is artifacts. Does PoE drop artifacts? I only have 320 artifacts from IB. I'm getting 333 gear now but to get up to 335 gear, I should be 330+ total light. But to get that high, I need a better artifact...... I've got 333 primary, 332 secondary, 331 heavy, 333 ghost, armor ranges from 333-325 (depending on slot/character) but only 320 artifacts.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Two stormcallers and a defender made for some crazy scores last night. I'm looking forward to bladedancer fun tonight.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Gilbert0 wrote: »

I have been. LFG is actually ok. I've been doing them every week (that's how I'm up so high so quick). Bladedancer last night, personally I was getting 20K+ alone. As a team, we were over 45K total for a single run.

The problem is artifacts. Does PoE drop artifacts? I only have 320 artifacts from IB. I'm getting 333 gear now but to get up to 335 gear, I should be 330+ total light. But to get that high, I need a better artifact...... I've got 333 primary, 332 secondary, 331 heavy, 333 ghost, armor ranges from 333-325 (depending on slot/character) but only 320 artifacts.

The highest level rune for Court of Oryx is your answer.

Guaranteed epic artifact drop if you are the summoner, up to max light level.

Arteen wrote: »
    Two stormcallers and a defender made for some crazy scores last night. I'm looking forward to bladedancer fun tonight.

Counts as a melee AND super kill. Since it's Brawler and add in a Mask of third man and Encore. Hoooo boy, watch out.
    Dys wrote: »

The highest level rune for Court of Oryx is your answer.

Guaranteed epic artifact drop if you are the summoner, up to max light level.

ugh... need more runes then. only got 1 stolen and lots of reciprocal runes. Is there any guaranteed drops of the antiquated? Any quest lines? my alts have most of the quests still to do.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @Kraul — I definitely recommend going on patrol and practicing your grenade throws, as Suppression (and Incendiary) have some funky properties to them that can result in the aforementioned self-suppression. Get a hang of both the physical and temporal placement of Suppression Grenades is tricky as hell, and probably why I've never managed to suppress an active Bladedancer.

@Gilbert0 — The raid is the direct route to acquire antiquated runes (from the first two pre-boss chests), but that may not be useful knowledge for you.

edited May 2016

We ran Defender/Stormcaller/Nightstalker. Problem we ran into was lack of communication in some rounds, don't get me wrong, we pushed 43k the one match and that was with a shitty first round. I think Siri wound up with 23k that match. The Vex round in particular could have gone better - defender bubble at entrance absorbing boss and peasant hits generated orbs, but we didn't get good use of tether in the pit ahead of that before the boss, a couple times Jay landed a big 9+ mob tether that didn't get used properly. We pushed the boss too hard at times, so we didn't get prepared with a super to wipe the reinforcements out. I think this week's challenge would have been easily doable in two matches if we had talked it out a bit.

Nosf on
    edited May 2016
    ugh... need more runes then. only got 1 stolen and lots of reciprocal runes. Is there any guaranteed drops of the antiquated? Any quest lines? my alts have most of the quests still to do.

As Dys mentioned CoO is your answer. I think one of the quests involve a free antiquated. I want to say the Petra quest that involve the tech witch's brooch since I just did that one and got one.

The other plan is just go there and start burning your reciprocals. The court often rewards runes as well.

Edit: Alternatively, Rep up with Eris. If you haven't run the Dark Below missions they are a strong boost of her rep and all fairly easy now as well. Shame you can no longer infinitely repeat them.

DevoutlyApathetic on

We ran Defender/Stormcaller/Nightstalker. Problem we ran into was lack of communication in some rounds, don't get me wrong, we pushed 43k the one match and that was with a shitty first round. I think Siri wound up with 23k that match. The Vex round in particular could have gone better - defender bubble at entrance absorbing boss and peasant hits generated orbs, but we didn't get good use of tether in the pit ahead of that before the boss, a couple times Jay landed a big 9+ mob tether that didn't get used properly. We pushed the boss too hard at times, so we didn't get prepared with a super to wipe the reinforcements out. I think this week's challenge would have been easily doable in two matches if we had talked it out a bit.

Yeah, I ran with Arteen after that and we had two Stormcallers and myself as Defender. They dedicated themselves to wiping mobs with the supers while I put up bubbles in front of the boss to produce more orbs. Owe had did it in two tries, around 46k from each run. Pretty sure the ideal loadout for teams would be Nightstalker/Defender/Stormcallers, with the Nightstalkers and Stormcaller working to tether/clear enemies while the bubble guy distracts the boss and makes more orbs.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    With my Stormcaller and @patrkslayzy23's Bladedancer for the first two rounds, and then being joined by another Bladedancer for the third, we managed to score 58,775 in CoE last night :surprised:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Sometimes I run Defender in PVP with my Armamentarium. Since I have a full INT/DISC build I just run around throwing suppression grenades as soon as they refresh.

My Titan needs some love... half his gear is int/Str. I've been spending too much time with my Hunter.

It's too bad though, because all the other perk trees on the Titans gear are spot on for loaders/ammo/etc.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited May 2016

I was a little tired and didnt really try to optimize it that much yesterday, thought you'd end up having to do 3 CoE's anyway... I was also convinced that your individual score was what mattered for some reason.

I'm up for doing a more effective run later though, I can be the bubble Titan supplying orbs or Shadowshotting a bunch of dudes with my Nightstalker.

Sirialis on
    Yeah, I started as a Sunbreaker too so my orb generation was miserable. I still have to do it on my Hunter, so we could find a sunbreaker or stormcaller and see if we can knock out 90k in two matches.

Myself, @Cormac, and Flint got 50k+ running 2xBladedancer and Stormcaller, and none of the group configurations I ran with last night had much trouble breaking 45k. I think if you're running Titan, it's probably the most fun to be Sunbro for rounds 1+3 and Defender for round 2, as the Void shields diminish how effective Hammers/Suncharge can be.

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Speaking of CoE this week, there were a couple interesting threads on reddit I saw this morning that boil down to this strategy:

Hilt attacks (sword with 0 ammo) count as melee and thus get the benefit of Brawler.
    Moreover, there is a bug where if you drain your sword ammo via blocking, you retain the By The Sword perks.
    • Dreadfang: bonus damage to Taken (Will of Light)
    • Bolt Caster: generate orbs on kill
    • Raze Lighter: additional Super energy on kill

Sources 1 & 2 (reddit)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
    edited May 2016
    Nightstalker or Bladedancer, which is more useful? (in CoE this week)

Edit: same question for Sunbreaker and Defender.

I seem to remember Bladedancers orb generation to be fairly bad, did Bungie ever improve that?

Sirialis on
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Nightstalker or Bladedancer, which is more useful? (in CoE this week)

I seem to remember Bladedancers orb generation to be fairly bad, did Bungie ever improve that?

I think it just comes down to whether you wanted to be proactive or support. None of the roaming supers have great Orb generation, but as long as folks are geared up to best recoup super energy that isn't a big deal.

With Mask of the Third Man and Encore, a Bladedancer can usually get 9+ kills which is like 4,200 an activation. But presumably Nightstalker with Light of the Pack is generating an equivalent amount of value.

Plus wearing Alpha Lupi gives you that extra orb

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Bladedancers are great this week especially with the boost to melee damage. Nearly everything is a one hit kill, and with mobs grouped up closely in the second and third rooms of CoE means you can get some very long kill streaks in the 7-10 range. The orb generation is alright but since the orbs generated seems to count your teammates as well you can easily reach 100 orbs in two rounds of CoE.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika