As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[phalla] Final Fantasy IV: Know Suffering, Know Death, Know Mafia Victory

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Eh, I'd be fine with mafia risking a fake seer call every game.
    I'd just hope they savvy about it when I was mafia.

I've just got back from extra long day of "out of state" sign work.

Yo, @JusticeforPluto , people are saying you didn't get an official seer call.
    If you're village, and someone is messing with ya, speak up or forever hold your peace.
    I'll probably be looking into a CJ vote if you go green.

VayBJ4e.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Justice for Pluto because I'm running out of time to catch up on the thread, and page 18 plus past discussions of suspicion make me feel not too terrible about it.

Fuck, if I'd known my week(s) were going to get so weird I might have had second thoughts about signing up. Sorry I've been on such odd hours guys.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Derp, forgot to close the bold tag.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Justice for Pluto
    Got it, silence is all I need to know

VayBJ4e.png
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    god damn it how it is already 9

justice for pluto

not that it will count

PSN SeGaTai
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    JFP because fake seer calls are bad form. We can't have that being a thing, people. No matter how desperate you are.

This. Lying is part of the game, and one every now and then isn't terrible, but if it starts happening every single game, or multiple times a game, the entire structure of a phalla is screwed and we'll see our already shrinking player base disappear to the point where we can't even get a game started.

Strong disagree. On my phone so can't easily elaborate

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I look forward to the Kime dissertation on the merits of lies

VayBJ4e.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Day Six: The Twice Dead King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSQSv521V8

JusticeforPluto turned to face the heroes. “You realize your insignificance? You presence here changes nothing. Even if you defeat me, there is no hope for you. I see you don't care to listen. Very well, my shadow dragon has been hungry."

A shadow perhaps darker than the rest coalesced near Golbez.

LostNinja said nothing and gave his enemy a martial salute.

“Ignorant dotard. Have you any idea with whom you are dealing?” Golbez gestured and before the King of Fabul could get within striking distance he collapsed, brutally savaged by something which lurked just at the edge of eyesight.

A group of winged humanoids began draining Golbez of his life energy and transferring it to the fallen king. Assuran smiled as the people fell on Golbez and incapacitated him. Unfortunately the shadowy fangs closed one more time on Slyph.

This is a well-crafted cobaltite statue of premium.
    The item is a well-designed image of premium the ???
    The premium is holding a dacite door.

This is a well-crafted cinnabar statue of Invictus.
    The item is a well-designed image of Invictus the ???
    The Invictus is holding a jet whale.

The Dead:

JusticeforPluto - Golbez - The Vote
    LostNinja - King Fabul - Shadow Fang
    Assuran - Slyph - Shadow Fang
    Invictus - Statue - ???

PMs are out. @SeGaTai receiving an inactivity warning for skipping the vote. Please notify me if you want to be swapped with a reserve.

@SeGaTai to be replaced.

@Ardor
    @JPants

I need one replacement, please someone PM me for it ASAP

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    JFP because fake seer calls are bad form. We can't have that being a thing, people. No matter how desperate you are.

This. Lying is part of the game, and one every now and then isn't terrible, but if it starts happening every single game, or multiple times a game, the entire structure of a phalla is screwed and we'll see our already shrinking player base disappear to the point where we can't even get a game started.

Strong disagree. On my phone so can't easily elaborate

I see this both ways. It encourages us to keep thinking on our own even when a call is made, but... the only way we can know if a seer is correct or not falling the call. We don't have other options, really. Fake seer calls waste a day of vote records, then the next trying to figure out why the person comes out green. But there are already rolls that can do that (paranoid seers, for example) but we haven't seen them in while. This messes up the meta, and mortally might be against the spirit of the game. And with our already draining player base, stuff like fake seer calls really doesn't do us any good.

Also, I'm poisoned again. Good bye, cruel world.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    OooooOOOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOO

Your king does not approve

Also take the fake seer call convo to the sign up thread so I can participate.

OooooOOOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOO

well Grunt's Ghost for now since he's poisoned and not sure if I'm still in this or just waiting to be replaced, sorry again for not being active enough all

PSN SeGaTai
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I can jump in @38thDoe

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what's more surprising, an endgame replacement or that someone's down for it...

wVEsyIc.png
    Okay, fuck it I've got an official seer call right here.

CJ

Oh hey look at that!

Is there any reason LostNinja isn't doing the seer call?

Because it's bullshit and I am 100% sure CJ is village.

CJ, lead us!

Steam profile
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Okay, fuck it I've got an official seer call right here.

CJ

Oh hey look at that!

Is there any reason LostNinja isn't doing the seer call?

Because it's bullshit and I am 100% sure CJ is village.

CJ, lead us!

You might not like what I have to say right now.

wVEsyIc.png
    You're totally about to vote for me aren't you? :P

Steam profile
    I've got to go with my instincts here. Both the seer and LostNinja suspected the network had been infiltrated, and I'm inclined to agree. The biggest standout is Martoss. We lost the seer as soon as she entered the network, and then both healers in rapid succession. It's either him or Knuckles, and Knuckles has been picking apart voting records with impeccable efficiency, and ahava in particular did not trust Martoss due to his black mage claims; meaning he could easily be the one stoning everyone.

wVEsyIc.png
  • MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    Wow. How quick you are to let our alliance crumble. And you're even disregarding LostNinja's own ideas of who was mafia. Let me ask, if I were mafia, why would I take out LostNinja when he had no reason at all to suspect me? I mean, he was a network head, and I was part of his network. I got to see every decision we made. That's not something a mafia player would be so quick to discard.

Also, lonelyahava lived the first night after she revealed. I can't think of a reason to let her join the network only to be killed later. And furthermore, everyone could see that she was a seer (or at least a seer's mouthpiece) by that point, so the fact that she eventually was eliminated is hardly a surprise and blaming me for that makes no more sense than blaming anyone else.

And why would I be stoning people, when both LostNinja and H3Knuckles have verified my ability, on multiple occasions even?

Why would I push the DemonIzual train? I helped turn the tide against him when people staying on chamberlain or voting for a third option could have still gotten away with it.

If there is a traitor in our network, it is clearly you, CJ. But I'm going to (perhaps naively) believe that those of us who remain in the network still work in the best interest of the village and the world. I don't think that you're mafia, I think you're just misguided. And I hope everyone remembers that when my name shows up green if I die tonight.

The living:

1. Martoss
    2. Kime
    3. CJ Iwakura
    4. Virgil_Leads_You
    5. Grunt's Ghosts- Poisoned
    6. H3Knuckles
    7. Premium- Stoned
    8. SeGaTai
    9. Chamberlain
    10. Invictus- Stoned

I'm dead tonight with the poisoning and no more healers. So that means tomorrow, 4 people will die (3 if the mafia lost their extra kill), 1 added to the stoning so that will leave 3-4 living players (not counting the stoned) tomorrow. And since the network is pretty much infiltrated, maybe now would be a good time to make public what's been going on behind the scenes?

The network consisted of me, Knuckles, LostNinja, Martoss, and then we added ahava later on. I'm the one who revived LostNinja, so I basically brought the network together.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2016
    I'm really torn. In pm's Martoss has been very dilligent about... fact-checking (for lack of a better word) what's brought up in discussion against what was in the thread here, and he's been forthcoming with phalla advice. He was the first one to reach out to me and a dead villager, then connected us to LostNinja. He's been with us since day one. On the other hand most of everyone who's joined is dead. I had a moment of doubt early on day 5, but LostNinja talked me out of it. Then after we brought lonely in Lost expressed that he and lonely were suspicious of him on day 6.

Naturally I'm biased in that I don't want to believe I've been played for a fool that badly, on the other hand I did have the hunch before any of them, soooo...

I'm pouring over our conversations tonight to see if I can dig up anything to make me feel more concrete about it.

As regards my previous comments about @Grunt's Ghosts and @chamberlain, Assuran being sylph means the roster is way too esoteric for me to reliably predict anything. Since the second and third boss fights of the game are wild monsters like Cythraul's Mom Bomb then I'm back to believing them. Or at least chamberlain since MrT specifically mentioned him.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Yeah, since I'm dead no matter what... REVEAL TIME!

I AM...
    Octomammoth! Ex-Husband to Octomom!

latest?cb=20130523063043

edited May 2016
    I still don't think the network is infiltrated, just that we have some jumpy players.

Anyways, here was LostNinja's list of suspects as of yesterday: chamberlain, GG, and Kime. He did not include me, CJ, or H3 since we were the network. He trusted premium and SeGaTai somewhat, since they've been first or second on mafia bandwagons.

I guess maybe he was wary of me, but I don't see how my actions have ever been suspect. You can't blame me for people getting mafia killed just because I'm part of a network. That's not a valid reason. So with respect to LostNinja, I say we take a closer look at chamberlain and Kime.

Edit: and he trusted Virgil's kingliness and said that Invictus has been seeming more and more village like through actions and pm's.

Martoss on
    Martoss wrote: »
    I still don't think the network is infiltrated, just that we have some jumpy players.

Anyways, here was LostNinja's list of suspects as of yesterday: chamberlain, GG, and Kime. He did not include me, CJ, or H3 since we were the network. He trusted premium and SeGaTai somewhat, since they've been first or second on mafia bandwagons.

I guess maybe he was wary of me, but I don't see how my actions have ever been suspect. You can't blame me for people getting mafia killed just because I'm part of a network. That's not a valid reason. So with respect to LostNinja, I say we take a closer look at chamberlain and Kime.

Edit: and he trusted Virgil's kingliness and said that Invictus has been seeming more and more village like through actions and pm's.

Can confirm this was Lost's last speculations to the network.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited May 2016
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The network consisted of me, Knuckles, LostNinja, Martoss, and then we added ahava later on. I'm the one who revived LostNinja, so I basically brought the network together.

Well, there were two other people; initially me, Martoss, and a now-dead confirmed friendly were in the process of reaching out to LostNinja after cj rezzed him when the third died. Then Lost and I had both separately gotten in touch with another member who was formally brought in around the same time Lost told us about cj, but that member was very cautious about networking and had real-life issues that prevented them from having a high level of activity outside this thread so I'm not surprised cj's forgetting them. They're also dead now.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Basically the situation as I understand it is that what's really got us worried was that LostNinja and Assuran both died the very night Lost gave their name to our network as a friendly. If mafia can't target their revenge-strikes then this whole issue is probably a big mistake. Prior to that we have the new guy who keeps jumping on different theories (me) and a seer who'd just joined and never had a chance to seer Martoss. And a couple other dead members and outside contacts, but like Martoss says that's easily just coincidence.

Will be back later after I've had the time to go over all the conversations again, please hold off on bandwagoning.

Oh, also, Martoss contacted me on May 2nd about concerns of a mole in the group, LostNinja's expression of concern was May 3rd, but looking back it was pretty weak. In his own words:
    ...Don't want to post it on the proboard as the Martoss suspicion is still there. Not really strong, but there.

Ahava was going to seer him last night because she didn't trust him either. And between you and her separately having doubts, I am starting to have some small ones myself. That said, I haven't really noticed anything suspicious about him myself.

I'm also starting to trust Invictus some more.

Note that that was the first thing he said to me about it since quelling my concerns on May 1st.

camo_sig2-400.png
    I'm confident that this whole "am I some kind of crazy mafia sleeper agent" thing will get resolved eventually. So moving on in order to not waste an entire day's discussion solely on me....

Has there been even a single instance of someone coming back from being a statue without being healed? Because if we've lost our last healer, then I guess not only will poison be completely fatal, but our stoned friends will remain that way forever now.

I'm going to assume JusticeforPluto became a statue via a villager stoner who has since died. Otherwise, I'd be surprised if any mafia would risk stoning themselves, even if it makes them look better in the long run. The risk is too great.

If the above is true, then this pretty much clears Virgil_Leads_You, chamberlain, premium, and Invictus. And DemonIzual broke the tie on day one towards Kime, so I think he's ok. I trust my network "buddies" still. I know I'm a villager. Grunt's Ghosts is going to die anyways. This only leaves one name.

SeGaTai. Sure, he was among the first on some mafia bandwagons, but mafia vote for each other all the time in order to throw off suspicion. And his inactivity may have played a role in some of those choices.

That being said, if players can become un-statues naturally without a healer, somebody let me know because that opens the door for more suspects!

Does being a statue cause you to not be able to win under your win condition? Because it would be funny one of the stoned people is mafia, which basically preserves him forever but still keeps the village from winning until they vote themselves out to the point of being only 1 mafia and 1 villager.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    oo000ooo0oooo00ooo0ooo

Sometimes, you make the right play, and still die for it.

00oo0oooo00oo0o00ooo00

Hey my inactivity is my own incompetence, not some kind of way too suspicious mafia ploy.

vote record wise I've mostly been lucky in going along with what some one else through out and it turned out they were mafia, didn't really have much to go on myself

PSN SeGaTai
    How did Martoss get in the network? That's the most important piece of information to determine if he's a mole or not.

Steam profile
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    The mole thing is interesting but I am still interested in Knuckles. I voted for him just to see what would happen; he clammed up, never acknowledged it and then didn't post all day.

Perhaps he was busy. Or perhaps he was laying low.

How did Martoss get in the network? That's the most important piece of information to determine if he's a mole or not.

I'm not sure how it will help, but it went something like this...

Day 0, I got in contact with Brody and H3Knuckles. As the phalla players that I noticed had the least experience, I said we should make a "new player alliance" where we get each other's backs. I revealed a little information about my role, and the following day I revealed everything else about my role.

As soon as LostNinja was revived, I revealed everything I knew to him. Brody was gone by this time and I didn't see what I had to lose by telling LostNinja everything. And then since I was having to say the same thing to H3 and Lost over and over again, I just started talking to them at the same time. Eventually, as per LostNinja's suggestion, H3 started a big pm between the five of us (me, Lost, H3, Raiden, and CJ). Finally CJ suggests a proboard, and from there we go on to make lots of good informed decisions, share tons of information, and ultimately track down most of the mafia.

So I mean, does that really tell anyone anything?

So you got in because you basically invited the seer to your"network" of unconfirmed people, and he went "this sounds like a good idea!"

I see...

Steam profile
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles

Going to be consistent.

I was the one who reached out to ahava and invited her to the network. I gave her the names we had, and she said she didn't like Martoss' story. She was going to seer him the night she died. Austin also was revealed to us as the healer that same day.

And he ALSO died the same day. Either the mafia have ungodly luck, or we had a leak.

wVEsyIc.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

@SeGaTai is being replaced by @Ardor
    effective now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Ardor

cj iwakura wrote: »
    I was the one who reached out to ahava and invited her to the network. I gave her the names we had, and she said she didn't like Martoss' story. She was going to seer him the night she died. Austin also was revealed to us as the healer that same day.

And he ALSO died the same day. Either the mafia have ungodly luck, or we had a leak.

Does the mafia have an incentive to get rid of all the healers? JFP got turned into a statue, and I think we in the network must realize by now that after Gizzy's death, either the mafia was given two poisoners as well as stoners AS WELL AS two kills, or the last poisoner must be village.

So really, I kind of doubt that mafia would want to eliminate all the healers until they knew they weren't going to get poisoned/stoned anymore.

And so what if Lonelyahava was going to seer me. I had no reason to think her first act as seer would be to check on what was until now a trustworthy network. Nobody told me I was going to get seered. I don't think I even bothered to ask who she was going to seer.

And again, it's not like the fact that she was a seer was some kind of special information that only the network had. She revealed to the whole thread! So again, other than being guilty of having revealed myself to the network while the mafia killed people, have I actually done anything suspicious?