As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Desert Online (Orwen Server Ch. Mediah O1)

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @SeñorAmor I can get you one, still have a code sitting around.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    I don't know if guild contract renewals are possible before the contract actually expires, but mine is set to end sometime Friday. I'll be away Friday through Monday, so if I could get renewed before Friday, cool, if not, no biggie.

steam_sig.png
    It definitely is! Just gotta catch you online is all.

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    I swear to ethernet mary, the download cap they have on their servers is brutal.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I didn't realize cherry blossom seeds were a time-limited event and had planned on planting 10 of them today. Whoops.

• TagTag Registered User regular
    Hey guys: sorry I've been out the last couple of days, been horribly under the weather (damn oak pollen). I should be back as normal and able to help out with the guild renewals thing.

Do we have an official new home shard btw?

Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    I didn't realize cherry blossom seeds were a time-limited event and had planned on planting 10 of them today. Whoops.

I had 3 mostly grown and a bunch of petals ready to turn in : /

fuck gendered marketing
    @Tag No problem man! Should be Mediah O1.

• TagTag Registered User regular
    Ok I renewed like 10 contracts last night, hopefully got everyone who was close to expiring ;P

Artisan 4 Processing too, woo!

Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • YogoYogo Registered User regular
    This may be of interest to those who are wondering what the fuzz is all about:

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/730/Black-Desert-Online-Free-Trial-Giveaway.html

Still around 1,2k 7 day trial keys left.

When I went to bed last night, my horse-training wagon was on its usual route between Olvia and Heidel Pass. When I woke up, my dude was standing in the middle of the road with no wagon in sight, because it's back in Calpheon destroyed. Only at 44 so it wasn't a player kill, no cargo so no bandits, and I've never been attacked by anything along that route before. What the crap?

It was probably bandito's. Just because you don't have cargo, doesn't mean you couldn't get jumped by them if they had been triggered.

Oops I apparently did have cargo that I completely forgot about. Uhh...that's embarrassing! It must have taken them at least 100 encounters, too.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    If I have trouble deciding which 4 horses go in the wagon while I'm at work, does that mean I have too many horses? I might have a problem. I could start a damned ranch.

Problem is not lack of horses. Problem is lack of 8-horse wagons. And by 8 I mean 20.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Any chance of a trial key? I've unfortunately been laid off, and while I do have another job lined up, it won't start for a few weeks and could use something like this to spend some time with, but would like to see if it clicks first before spending money on it.

Any chance of a trial key? I've unfortunately been laid off, and while I do have another job lined up, it won't start for a few weeks and could use something like this to spend some time with, but would like to see if it clicks first before spending money on it.

PM'd. Sorry to hear about the job, glad to hear it's temporary.

• tricontricon Registered User regular
    Exchanged 2 lvl 25 tier 4 horses and was disappointed not to get a tier 6 horse.

After looking at the colors I decided to name it Psycho

tier5_sprint_psychoxsu5o.jpg

However the result was much better then expected. A female horse, that learned Sprint at lvl 1, never judge a horse to early. :P

Bobble wrote: »

Whoops, my code had already been used. Somebody help Chiselphane out, if you can.

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular

Whoops, my code had already been used. Somebody help Chiselphane out, if you can.

And if you find yourself with an extra extra key, I'd love to give this a whirl too.

PSN: thewheelz
  • PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Loaded this up and damn when are MMO's going to get back to a more simplistic UI and not throw you in the deep end. I'm just really overwhelmed with what to do in the game. :( sorry to be kinda a bummer in this thread. I'm glad people are still enjoying mmos.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »
    Loaded this up and damn when are MMO's going to get back to a more simplistic UI and not throw you in the deep end. I'm just really overwhelmed with what to do in the game. :( sorry to be kinda a bummer in this thread. I'm glad people are still enjoying mmos.

This is basically the reaction of almost everyone who plays this game. You start up and are completely overwhelmed by it and kinda frozen on what things do and how you get things done. We've all been there.

But don't worry, if you stick with it, you'll start to get a handle on the basics, and only then will you get an inkling of just how deep the rabbit hole goes...

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Well, I think I will finally be able to get back into the game this weekend. I hurt my back a few weeks ago and it hurt for me to sit in my office chair for any length of time, but now I am better and ready to smash faces! :hydra:

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Welp, there were some updates today and if you haven't ever hit 40+ before you kind of made out like a bandit

Rewards for achievement system has been improved, this is not retroactive.
    Before/After
    Lv 30 - 500,000 -> 1,000,000 Silver
    Lv 40 - 500,000 -> 3,000,000 Silver
    Lv 45 - 1,000,000 -> 5,000,000 Silver
    Lv 50 - 1,000,000 -> 7,000,000 Silver

If you already did them you get screwed. Lucky for me my highest is 39 -_-

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    That doesn't make s ton of sense to me, but whatever.

Hmm, highest is 40. Not bad, but I've kind of been waffling on pushing to 45 because I spend so much time afk riding horses and the whole pvp thing scares me a little.

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    This game works well with a controller, correct? I switched to an xbox controller back when I had shoulder surgery during the burning crusade and couldn't get used to KBAM ever again. It took a lot of tinkering but I was able to map a ridiculous amount of keys to that controller with a little creativity.

PSN: thewheelz
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    So I'm going to lose out on 3,000,000 silver because I am level 42?

LAME

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Yeah I dunno what the not retroactive part is. Honestly considering the amounts beforehand, it REALLY would not have been a huge deal to just reset all of those achievements for everyone.

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »

As a whole, it is A LOT to digest, I recommend you take to your time and do all the quests in Western Guard Camp and Velia. Especially Velia; by the time I had left Velia for Heidel, I had a grasp on nodes and worker investment, buying houses for various needs, trading, amity, taming horses, fishing, cooking, building basic and level 2 trade tools and even made myself a little crappy Huckleberry-esque raft. Only thing I havent started yet is Alchemy.

In general you are served quite well by doing all the "!" and "house icon" quests. It will net you a bunch of energy and contribution points, which you will need for a variety of reasons.

There is a lot to do and learn and at first blush it is very daunting but to the games credit, if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and go through the quests, the game does a great job of teaching you the basics.

Kai_San wrote: »
    Welp, there were some updates today and if you haven't ever hit 40+ before you kind of made out like a bandit

Rewards for achievement system has been improved, this is not retroactive.
    Before/After
    Lv 30 - 500,000 -> 1,000,000 Silver
    Lv 40 - 500,000 -> 3,000,000 Silver
    Lv 45 - 1,000,000 -> 5,000,000 Silver
    Lv 50 - 1,000,000 -> 7,000,000 Silver

If you already did them you get screwed. Lucky for me my highest is 39 -_-

Generally I'd say that it doesn't matter much because silver is pretty easy to get in this game, but that is a ton of money to lose out on if you've already leveled up. My highest level character is in the low 30's, which would seem to indicate that I lost out on that reward, but I'm pretty sure I never actually collected the reward... wonder if I get the old reward or the new?

Well the 30 change is pretty much nothing really. Even 40 is KIND OF only a hit.

But 10 million for the last two stings. I mean you can get 10 mil in ok time, but when its for free thats huge.

• tricontricon Registered User regular
    Well the 30 change is pretty much nothing really. Even 40 is KIND OF only a hit.

But 10 million for the last two stings. I mean you can get 10 mil in ok time, but when its for free thats huge.

Yeah losing 12 million for the last 2 is not funny, not that it means much after you hit the 53+ area. I can make usually around 2-3 million a hour just for the vendor loot not counting in any kind of rare items but I wonder why the devs think somthing like this was a good idea. The could easily add something for the higher lvl players in the form of 5*skill scrolls, 5*life scrolls & 5 50% exp scrolls as some reward for the 50+ crowd.

I wonder if Daum will run the same catchup events runs as in PA does in Korea, that would mean we would see in the future 100% exp bonus weekends, that 30% combat exp seems foreshadow it.

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    tricon wrote: »

Yeah losing 12 million for the last 2 is not funny, not that it means much after you hit the 53+ area. I can make usually around 2-3 million a hour just for the vendor loot not counting in any kind of rare items but I wonder why the devs think somthing like this was a good idea. The could easily add something for the higher lvl players in the form of 5*skill scrolls, 5*life scrolls & 5 50% exp scrolls as some reward for the 50+ crowd.

I wonder if Daum will run the same catchup events runs as in PA does in Korea, that would mean we would see in the future 100% exp bonus weekends, that 30% combat exp seems foreshadow it.

It seems like the change in the silver rewards is a catchup mechanic in itself. It gives new players a bigger boost in money as they hit the soft cap. There is also the fact that prices have inflated and the level rewards have been worth less and less each week. I understand why people are mad if they hit 50 in the last week... but past that people are just mad because they want free money.

Apologies for not logging on a bit to check on things. If anyone needs their contract re-upped tomorrow into the weekend lemme know!

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I gave up on this. Time commitment was too big huge. Neat game.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Looks like Daum announced the first part of Valencia for June 1 and (most exciting to me) that Guild vs Guild "node wars" will start on June 15! Looks like I have a month to grind to max level. (My gear is already practically ready.)

Stupid on

26904.png
    Some cool changes, but most notable is the event running now through June 1st:

Event: Road to Valencia
    All monsters will have a chance to drop Black Stones
    Begin: May 18th
    End: June 1st. (ends with the maintenance begin)

Event: Road to Valencia II
    EXP +30% (only applies to Combat, Gathering, Processing, Cooking, Fishing, Trading, Training, Alchemy)
    Begin: May 18th
    End: June 1st. (ends with the maintenance begin)

Added a new feature to allow workers to manage Fence Gardens.

Daaaaamn. I hope this means less babysitting of crops!