As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prospi's picks of the week.

ProspicienceProspicience The Raven KingDenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
edited May 2018 in Artist's Corner
Alright, here we go.

I'm going to post one photo a day, from work. None of the photos are going to have much processing at all. Single exposure as opposed to the HDR photos which we send the realtors. Hoping this will be a way for me to improve more or get more creative. It's really odd shooting a lot of these homes as they are about 75% cookie cutter homes. For a while, that bugged me quite a lot and to be honest, it can get pretty monotonous when you're in the "same" homes, with the same angles 3 times a day 5 days a week.

Anyways, this might seem like a pretty obvious statement to make, but it took me a while to realize no home is the same and it's actually 'kinda fun seeing how people make their homes different. I'll get into this a little bit more as I post but for now here's three photos, from three different homes from the last three days.

e51d35hq3n59.jpg

g3svrhi54cer.jpg

k9am3j6omcmd.jpg

Critique is encouraged as usual!

Prospicience on

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    I want that loft house.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    I don't know how much trouble or investment it would be, but do estate photographers use light diffusing panels outside windows? I've seen them used to light buildings at night for films.

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    I don't really have any critiques, but a question just because I'm kinda curious- you mentioned these houses may be pretty samey/monotonous, but that aside they all seem to me to be pretty nice houses overall. Maybe you only get sent out to nicer places, but I wonder what your approach is/would be when shooting homes that aren't so nice/spacious/new/well-appointed, how do you deal with the challenge of dressing a place like that up to look attractive? (I'm guessing by context your work is real estate photography, and so your job is to make these places look as nice as possible so they sell?)

I just ask because I wonder if in that scenario if there's a tension between 'what's going to make a nice composition, when this picture is viewed as just a picture', and 'what does the audience actually want to see in this picture...even though that might be something you might want to play down, because it's not flattering.' Or is that a case where it's more like, "Well, it is what it is, my job is to portray this space truthfully more than anything", and it's not your problem if you accurately portray the place as really cramped or as having dents in the wall or whatever.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm actually really excited for this thread, because for me, designing interiors is really difficult. I'll probably continue to study your photos extremely intently.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    bombardier wrote: »
    I want that loft house.
    Yeah no kidding, that home was my favorite home I've done photos for in probably the last year or so. Absolutely amazing home, 15 minutes up in the mountains from Boulder, Colorado. It was tucked away on probably 3-4 acres and it looked like it backed up to national park land, not to mention it had some pretty amazing views of the peaks in the area.
    bombardier wrote: »
    I don't know how much trouble or investment it would be, but do estate photographers use light diffusing panels outside windows? I've seen them used to light buildings at night for films.

This is actually the reason we shoot in HDR, because we expose for outside as well as inside - and then merge the photos afterwards (voila - you can see outside). I was not going to go the HDR route in this thread mostly for times sake and some weird legal stuff having to do with the site that hosts Real estate photos. But, if I have the extra time I'll try to edit in the exterior exposures into the photos.

@Angel_of_Bacon those are great questions! We actually do shoot pretty crappy homes as well (ie that second photo above) although not quite as often anymore. That second photo for instance, is a vacant house, no electricity, a HUD home (foreclosed homes in which the families are often forced out of the house) and there is no furniture in the interior of the home. If there's dents, wall scratches, patches of mismatching or touched up paint, we can't photoshop or "touch up" physical imperfections with homes. We are required to be as truthful as we can.
    I wonder if in that scenario if there's a tension between 'what's going to make a nice composition, when this picture is viewed as just a picture', and 'what does the audience actually want to see in this picture...even though that might be something you might want to play down, because it's not flattering.'
    ^Mostly this, but definitely a little from Column B as well. Small bathrooms for example - there's really not much you can do here and there's about one angle you can take to show all 10 square feet of the bathroom.

Since I'm having a bit of a hard time explaining purely through words, this week I'll take some photos with the intent to show you how we might shoot a room a little different as to not draw attention to a scratch or how simply taking a few steps back helps the composition. But I'll attach an example of a photo from the same house as the aforementioned second photo. Its just straight up what it is, showing about how big of a bedroom there is.

@Iruka Sweet! I'll make sure I post some ones with cool architectural interiors, or good interior design. I'll also make sure to post ones that are clearly still lived in (random things here and there/not so clean).

Thanks for all the feedback guys, this will help me have a better idea what to post in the future and where I can go with this thing.

and now another HUD home image 4rtxko9c2unk.jpg

edited March 2016
    Alright, here's yesterdays. I'll have today's tonight or bright and early depending if I wake from my "nap" or not.
    friyfjtytagx.jpg

Prospicience on
    Shit. I don't always love grandiose interiors, but that is up my alley. Thats a nice shot too.

edited March 2016
    Iruka wrote: »
    Shit. I don't always love grandiose interiors, but that is up my alley. Thats a nice shot too.

Thanks @Iruka, thought it had a little of all the stuff you were mentioning you liked architecturally (plus some modern flourishes here and there). I think the realtor mentioned it was a french villa style home(?).

Anyways here's yesterdays, and today's photos:
    akw15o4bjlr0.jpg

Since I was snowed in today, I chose what is my all time favorite home I've taken photos of, built by swedish masons in the 1920s for a prominent doctor in the area. The iron work on each window is unique, the brick patterns around every window are unique and good god the wood work on the inside was phenomenal. Anyways, I'll share more from this home another day where I don't have much to share.
    mvlj7u7h7vgm.jpg

Prospicience on
    edited March 2016
    Didn't shoot any particularly interesting homes yesterday but I think that's going to be part of the challenge with this photo a day thing (trying not to make it very repetitive that is. I also decided I'm just going to update every Mon/Wed/Fri so I'm not bumping my thread to the top every day.

9c50aojc3ait.jpg

This house was interesting, had some cool features here and there but I was having a really hard time getting photos I was super happy with. Probably was somewhat due to the fact that I'm not a huge fan of most homes this style built in the late 80's early 90's. This photo in particular I think would have benefited from me shooting to the left of this position a little bit. It would have shown the full arches and include the entryway and dining room in the background. I took it here to include the windows a little bit, but I had already done that in a couple other shots of this area so this composition ended up lacking. The couch is also cutting right into the middle of the photo. It's cutting in such a way, that if I had shot to the left, it would have made the room seem more open:
    dqfpckdebhxi.jpg

Prospicience on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    That last picture seems a bit green (in the light wood and the light).

[edit] I color-corrected it just to see:
    4wkth460p3ld.jpg

NightDragon on
    Argh, thanks @NightDragon. Really need to invest in a better monitor or stop being colorblind and check my color levels.

Another exterior, this one is a little further out than my norm but I think it shows off the property and the views behind the home a bit better that way. Trying to figure out if I over did it on bringing out the orange saturation. I personally like it as it lets your eyes wander to different points in the photo but would love to know what others think!
    4z1bxo01na55.jpg

edited March 2016
    Yesterday's feature is a bedroom. Kids get the coolest bedrooms sometimes...
    sz02o8debsf0.jpg

Prospicience on
  • muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    Another exterior, this one is a little further out than my norm but I think it shows off the property and the views behind the home a bit better that way. Trying to figure out if I over did it on bringing out the orange saturation. I personally like it as it lets your eyes wander to different points in the photo but would love to know what others think!
    4z1bxo01na55.jpg

The orange really adds to the scene. Winters don't make real estate look too appealing, so that sunset orange really paints a pretty picture.
    Yesterday's feature is a bedroom. Kids get the coolest bedrooms sometimes...
    sz02o8debsf0.jpg

You make the most natural looking pictures of the indoors! That must be some heavy compositing, but it looks really good. My only complaint is the slight perspective distortion, with the bed and the dresser verticals converging a bit.
    Addendum: I should have prefaced that "photo a day" thing with, "During the week" as weekends I'm usually not home much.

g3svrhi54cer.jpg

This one reminds me something Crewdson would shoot. Just stick a naked middle aged woman in there, and you can charge a million bucks for it in the Gagosian.

Awesome work as usual!

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Thanks @Iruka, thought it had a little of all the stuff you were mentioning you liked architecturally (plus some modern flourishes here and there). I think the realtor mentioned it was a french villa style home(?).

Anyways here's yesterdays, and today's photos:
    akw15o4bjlr0.jpg

Since I was snowed in today, I chose what is my all time favorite home I've taken photos of, built by swedish masons in the 1920s for a prominent doctor in the area. The iron work on each window is unique, the brick patterns around every window are unique and good god the wood work on the inside was phenomenal. Anyways, I'll share more from this home another day where I don't have much to share.
    mvlj7u7h7vgm.jpg

That lamp & address label combo is a really cool idea.

@muninn Thanks man, that means a lot. It's funny you mention that because Crewdson is also one of the main influences for one of my favorite photographers/guy I met on a skating trip 11 years ago Ryan Schude. I hope I'm not jacking that style too much, I just love how true to life it looks or all the exposures your eye sees in at one time. I guess that's technically what HDR is supposed to be? But these are all one exposure except for a composit layer over the windows.

@Enc A really incredible touch, even in the daylight without the light on the numbers were easily readable. Crazy how many cool touches old architecture has which you don't really see anymore.

Alright, here's three, all of the same house this time. Not something I'll do often, but this home was really fun to shoot.
    xlfladyo9xkz.jpg
    z7h3bxe69id6.jpg
    5xjdkvato5nx.jpg

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Damn that is a cool house. Damn.

• Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'm terrible and didn't see this thread earlier! Awesome work, as always. These shots in particular are my jam:
    k9am3j6omcmd.jpg
    friyfjtytagx.jpg
    9c50aojc3ait.jpg
    My only critique about the third one is the light on the left-hand side -- there's a bit of perspective distortion there that detracts from the perfect geometry elsewhere in the shot. Out of curiosity, why convert this to B&W? I mean, it works perfectly for the shot, but in the context of these as work shots I don't know whether it's a creative decision on your part or something mandated from on-high.

Baron Dirigible on
    edited April 2016
    quote != edit

Baron Dirigible on
    edited April 2016
    Thanks @Baron Dirigible. I really didn't like the color choices in the house. Just very muted, that and I loved the values the walls created in B&W. I didn't send it to the realtor in BW this was just a "creative" choice on my part for here.

In the light - yeah that's unfortunate that it's distorted, I'm not sure there's much I could have done. But, In the future I'll try to avoid any spherical shapes that could get distorted by the wide angle especially like you mentioned, with all the other geometric shapes it really does draw attention.

Here's Monday's:
    a9yrjqq3y9jd.jpg

Bleh, this one didn't do much for me. Very interesting, this was a beautiful old home and I felt like I couldn't capture it at all how it seemed in person. Usually the old homes are my favorite to take photos of, yet I was having such a hard time at this place. Maybe trying too hard, maybe just having an off day... everything just felt stale.

Prospicience on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    This is neither here nor there, but man reading this thread from the comfort of my tiny Bay Area studio apartment makes me feel really poor.

I feel ya. When I started out I was making $18 a home, even if the home was $1.2 million. I don't make a much now, enough to live on, but back then it was very depressing. Being in nice homes all day and then going back to my home and basically eating rice and eggs with sriracha for every meal because I couldn't afford anything else.

More depressing than being in wealthy homes and going back to my meager apartment, when I was starting out, I was mostly shooting what we call, "crack houses." You want to feel depressed, go into one of those homes. They were usually foreclosed HUD homes where the families were forced out. Before taking this job I was never very big on positive and negative energy. But, (and this sounds really cheesy) when you're in some of those crack houses you can feel the sadness, even if the home was in relatively good condition a lot of these people were forced out of their homes. And I can almost always tell when I step in a house if there's a divorce going on. It might be me just picking up on little things around the home, but I swear I can feel it.

Anyways, tangent.

Alright, another kid's bedroom and an old living room.

5yzq32opdal9.jpg

edited April 2016
    So, hiring new people at work has been akin to when a new lane on a highway is built - it just fills up immediately, not seemingly helping traffic at all.

Anyways, posting a few extra today because of that. Yay for editing on a friday night

First four are from the same home, really cool Stacked Condo with an amazing view of Denver.
    iz4rnv3k32y9.jpg
    rkm8wvc69yz3.jpg

The space in this next photo was really cool, that open space where the light is coming from is a skylight that spans 3 floors. It is basically a little open study area.
    92h2c4qc4bgb.jpg
    et8qxujertxw.jpg

Brand new house, was still putting the finishing touches on it here. Really cool kitchen/family room area.
    pl3bcqgfzcig.jpg

I loved this dining "hall" from a home up in the mountains of Evergreen, CO.
    95eewg1xr7up.jpg

And my favorite from today.
    oiu9uoqr36ps.jpg
    The Unicorn really sealed the deal on this one.

Prospicience on
    edited April 2016
    Something a little different today.

Really liked these exteriors... so, that coupled with what @bsjezz said in the photo thread about it being interesting to see these from a non-american perspective. Then I started thinking how weird our homes probably looked compared to other countries' homes (and now I'm very interested in seeing homes from around the world of course). So I thought I would show some of the different types of back yards and fronts of homes. When @bombardier flew through a few years back I remember him mentioning something about how interesting the homes were in Denver. With styles seemingly from all over? I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly.

TLDR: Here are some "exterior photos" from today.

Stables from a home in Salida, Colorado.
    tk55cuonayjy.jpg
    Front of a home in Englewood, Colorado. This style was really popular of homes built in suburbs in the 90's.
    h4myy1m2zwes.jpg

This home had the coolest backyard I've seen in a while, wish I saw everything in full bloom. The homeowner mentioned that when the back yard is in full bloom, as you walk through the paths in the garden, your fingers, hands and arms brush the buses and trees constantly throughout.
    e99sreupuiva.jpg

Prospicience on
    I was thinking about modern suburbs and how we don't really document them much in art, other than to make them look sort of creepy and same-y if its a place where the houses are the same units, or to emphasize their safety/boredom. I feel like Denver/boulder inspire a bit of creative architecture because, no matter what, if your property can have a view of the mountains you are going to try and get some of that in your house.

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Colorado in general has a lot of interesting choices, I think because the construction tends to be more recent? because it culls influences from all over. It's funny that you mention it, there have been a number of your posts, especially interiors, where I was like, "Yep, that is very Denver," and I've only been there a half-dozen times.

edited April 2016
    Yeah, Colorado in general has a lot of interesting choices, I think because the construction tends to be more recent? because it culls influences from all over. It's funny that you mention it, there have been a number of your posts, especially interiors, where I was like, "Yep, that is very Denver," and I've only been there a half-dozen times.

You got it, I think you're right in that a lot of it is recent - so influences are indeed coming in from all over. I've seen an influx of east coasters coming in lately. I think Colorado as a state (for the last century at least) has gotten influences from both the east coast and west coast simultaneously. So in one street you can have an Old English looking manor, a home that looks like it's straight out of LA in the sixties, and a San Francisco hillside style condominium. Aurora, Colorado reminds me almost exactly of the countless suburbs in Texas.

@iruka yeah it's very interesting. I've grown to kind of like certain suburbs in their own little way, I don't think I'd ever want to live in one again - but there are a few in East Denver popping up that are pretty fun little communities. I suppose we'll see.

This week got away from me a little bit so I'm catching up today on all aspects of my life. We got incentive at work to bring in personal projects to create more revenue in case the housing market crashes again. And I've got a few really cool projects we're already getting started on so that's really exciting.

Anyways, here are photos.
    This was a tri-level house but they flipped it and added some really cool stuff like this little kitchen.
    3802odj6kzjk.jpg

I've got a thing for Foyers lately.
    fw8hrba74w15.jpg

View shot from a home in Evergreen, CO. Just about every room on that side of the house had a window view of this cliff face. I don't know what the mountain was called, but my inner 14yr old self wants me to call it Mt Buttcrack.
    fp875nh4afux.jpg

And this house was insanely cool. Looked like a spanish or italian villa, mansion... frankenhouse.
    v4jfzhbmack3.jpg

I'm about to go do a sin city inspired shoot with an emcee buddy so hopefully I'll have something to show for that tomorrow or the coming days.

Prospicience on
    edited April 2016
    Alright today I was training so no photos of homes. But, I do have this photo I did Saturday night for a Frank Miller inspired shoot for a local hip hop artist friend's new project. I don't get to be super creative with my editing in real estate very often, so I forget how fun it can be to go hog wild on some editing.

brtb4pdmgq7i.jpg

Prospicience on
    Alright I'm back, work is still growing upwards and outwards, changed laptops and flew to Germany for 24 hours (going to post some photos from that trip over in the photo thread tomorrow).

Going to dump a good amount today and a few tomorrow to separate the posts a bit so it's not just 10 photos in one dump.

rv7n0pet7l22.jpg
    Another fun kids room, looks like its out of a story book.

7mdixk2g6j5h.jpg
    Really beautiful updated home in Evergreen, had a pretty amazing view too but I liked this dining room a lot. This reclaimed wood thing going on is still a pretty common trend here and there in the mountain towns.

2fjy07odeuon.jpg
    This one is in Boulder. Tried to have fun with the framing, wish I'd gone a tad lower so the tree branches didn't touch the home.

3r95mvpjczpb.jpg
    A new favorite, this house is in Boulder too. It has an amazing little pond in the back big enough for kayaking, fishing and it had a diving board so apparently deep enough for that too. I'd be happy to post more of that home if ya'll are interested in seeing this one a bit more.

f8gg95gcc56c.jpg
    Cabin made in 1876. The homeowner has owned (or lived in) this home for 65 years. He had a nephew and niece there giving the cabin a last look, it was really sweet - they shared a lot of memories of when they were younger. Always sad to see a home with a lot of family history like that sold, but I suppose a new family will create a lot of great memories there. Anyways, the beds on either side of the photo - The Nephew shared with me that the homeowner used to put up or sponsor soldiers and let them stay there throughout the years and those beds have been there since and were military issued from WWII. He said something along the lines of "I bet hundreds of people, mostly soldiers and family, have slept in these beds."

The more I see of boulder the more I want to live there.

The house on the pond looks awesome (at what point does a pond just become a lake, though?)

The photo of the house that you tried to frame with the trees, all my attention ends up just being on the pink tree in the front, maybe just from the vibrancy of the color.

edited May 2016
    The more I see of boulder the more I want to live there.
    You and me both, in the talks with my girlfriend about possibly moving there.
    The house on the pond looks awesome (at what point does a pond just become a lake, though?)
    - haha, yeah - it's actually not that big (which makes it all the more appealing IMO). Just big enough for all the stuff I listed above.
    The photo of the house that you tried to frame with the trees, all my attention ends up just being on the pink tree in the front, maybe just from the vibrancy of the color.

Hm, yeah, that's a good point. I took a photo of a different view which they used for the main photo of the home, but was trying something a little different than my norm with that one. That pink is really overpowering.

010n8i6jc9dc.jpg
    Really beautiful custom built home in Erie. I like the arched doorways throughout the home, it gave it a south american manor feel along with the openness of the rooms. I did a dawn photo of the outside of this home today (which was a pretty amazing morning) so keeping my fingers crossed that comes out good. If it does, I'll more than likely use it as my photo for today.

c25fv8n1iuuh.jpg
    Really unique dining room in this home in Colorado Springs. Don't think I've seen one centered in the middle of a home quite like this one before; this is what you see when you walk in the front door.

oiesczend1lq.jpg
    Fun with pools. I like when I can get some fun angles or lines going on in what are usually mundane rooms, especially in this pool room at an old apartment complex in Denver.

All caught up (with work photos)! Sorely behind in personal stuff, but I should have some time today to get to it.

Prospicience on
    edited May 2016
    We've updated our style a little bit for the photos I send out for work so I'm going to post a one of those and one in photoshop.

"Automated" lightroom work process, we use the process more just as a base to edit from - we still tend to tweak just about every photo that goes through the process. We're working on a better automated process with a programmer now however, and it might eliminate a lot of our editing time. Still trying to sort out my thoughts on that. It's weird to think that something we've worked a long time on - tweaking the process with just about every photo... now a program just does it for me. I guess it will give me more time to do my personal work on the side and work semi-normal hours which is a pretty big bonus. Not sure if this is selling out or working smarter? This is making my head hurt.

Anyways:

Work - always been a bit too HDR'ey for me but I've tried to slowly make them look more and more true to eye over time (detail in the shadows, saturation - believe it or not the saturation is toned down a ton in this photo)
    ej163tfin3wp.jpg

Photoshop (all edited in camera RAW)
    muh62ywbl7n1.jpg

Prospicience on
    How'd you get that angle on the house?

I have a 55ft boom I put my camera on and then hand raise up the boom. Then I have either a long sub cord which connects my camera to a laptop OR the camera has a 30ft wifi range. Luckily because the boom is hollow aluminum, if I set my phone at the bottom touching the boom it gets wifi clearly. Or at least that's my guess as to how I can get a full signal from 50ft in the air. I'll take a photo next week of the setup. I usually go with option two because it's MUCH easier and doesn't take as much setup.

I cannot believe you get a steady shot balancing your camera on a damn 55ft pole when I cannot get a non-blurry shot on my fucking phone while seated.

edited May 2016
    That one was on a breezy day as well. The boom is pretty damn stable, surprisingly so actually. Some days depending on where I have to place it, it can be harder to get a good shot or if it's not on stable ground (old blacktop sucks) they can be a little blurry. This one was kind of a perfect storm, the only thing that could have happened better was a little more clouds in the sky for some nice color as the sun rises, but I can't control the weather unfortunately.

Figured I'd go ahead and post yesterday's since I'm not sure how much time I'll have later in the day! Same sort of deal - used the boom, this time however I probably was only up about 15-20 feet (even more stable than the other day) and there was absolutely no breeze and the lighting was perfect. Plus (and I know I've said this a lot lately) but this seriously is my all time favorite home I've done photos of. That and probably the only $1million + home I actually would want to live in that I've shot. As a side note, this is the first $1.4 million home I've shot that was less than 2,000 square ft. Boulder is expensive...

syuj2ly9n7af.jpg

Prospicience on
    ej163tfin3wp.jpg
    Ignoring the saturation for a moment, two technical things immediately jumped out at me -- the darker patch in the top centre and the fringing in the branches in the upper left / upper right (especially the upper right). I can only imagine the uneven sky is caused by a polarising filter + wide angle / wrong time of day? I wouldn't know how to fix the fringing besides throwing it into LR, but I don't know if that's part of your process.

I've been really enjoying the rest of your work, and your latest is spectacular. Would live there happily!

edited May 2016
    Hey thanks @Baron Dirigible. The fringing is an unfortunate result of the six exposure process we use for our work. The six exposures happen over the period of about 10 seconds, so if there is a slight breeze we get a little bit of fringing. Same thing happens with clouds unfortunately. In the case of clouds I tend to do what I've been doing for the photos here and just mimic our process with single exposure. It's one of those things where my work days tend to be about 9 hours that consist of driving to homes, taking photos and then going on to the next home. Then, once home usually have somewhere around another two hours of editing time and sending out the photos. 12 hours is a long work day without extending it further with more editing. Last Thursday, I was editing my last photo around 10pm and realized, "Wow, the sky is pink in this photo, it's probably time for me to go to bed."

So the last few years, it's become a case of, "What do I have extra time to spend editing on?" It's been a really difficult line for me to balance, and still is especially due to my OCD. If I could or if I had the time I would take the individual photos and edit them one by one with as much care as I can give that particular photo (like I do with the photos I post here). Right now my good friend and probably one of the most talented photographers/editors I know, is working on an automated process which makes the photos look very similar in style to the last photo I posted. Which, in turn is freeing up some of my personal time in which I can work on my own projects or work projects.

Anywho, thank you for your input. I'm still taking all the comments and crits to heart and using them to further improve as always.

TLDR: some nights I'm tired and am just churning through the editing process unfortunately, which is more or less why I started this thread because it allows me to examine the photos, more closely and get some outside input.

8mbeedp4tl4d.jpg
    Hadn't really posted many bathrooms here and this tub had quite the view.

mjv4wot7wpu3.jpg
    Really charming little town home in Boulder. And as a side note, this couple had the most extensive and beautiful wildlife artwork (particularly of wolves) I've ever seen. Sometimes I wish I could just stay in these homes for a couple extra hours and take in all the artwork.

Prospicience on
    edited May 2016
    Tues/Wed:

8wrwvb7as34b.jpg
    Beautiful home up in the mountains of Boulder, CO. The view this home had was absolutely incredible, I would imagine judging from the interior it was probably built in the late 60's. I'm hoping whomever buys it doesn't decide to remodel it (maybe aside from extremely outdated kitchen and bathrooms), because the brick and woodwork on the interior is stunning. You can see a little of it through the windows in this photo.

4an1h1208av9.jpg
    Something a little different, got hired by a local construction company who built a new brewery on West Colfax in Denver, CO. I think the ridiculously bright, midday light contributed, but I just couldn't get many shots I was super happy with. On the bright side (LOL), I ended up buying a couple growlers of delicious local beer (one called "DeathStar Dubbel" which was 9.7% and is one of the smoother dubbels I've tasted).

A little bonus photo: The brewery was right next to this iconic Colorado Restaurant. South Park fans may have heard of it. I haven't been there since elementary school, but what you see of it in South Park is very true to life haha:
    0y7a3vgv15lu.jpg

Prospicience on