As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    because pro wrestiling is a good game

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    N64 is bad enough. Then you play a wrestling title on top of that...

I think I just threw up a little.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    LOL, gotta admit I always wondered why Jeffcasts never had any music. Glad that was cleared up during this week's podcast.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I wonder if the new production set up means they're going ahead with the video/live Bombcasts.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    A vape lounge just opened up next to my apartment complex. Every time I drive past it I think of Giant Bomb.

Sadly, it doesn't have a "clever" name. It's so forgettable that I keep reading it and forgetting its name by the time I get back from grocery shopping.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    jesus Persona 5 looks so goooood

https://youtu.be/qKZtJmt85ns

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Man, why you gotta troll us vinny. I want it so bad ;_;

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Weekly 2-3 hour sessions would work too...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    We've been getting a lot (Well, I guess the last two weeks isn't "a lot") of five-man casts. I wonder if the new setup is to better facilitate that. That'd be great, I think a five-man Bombcast is the sweet spot.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Vinny, you tease.

Also, I need to finish watching the P4 endurance run before P5 gets here.

I keep telling myself I have plenty of time, but that windows shrinks all the time.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I wanted to watch through the ER since I was too lazy to play through P4, but then I quit the endurance run around the same time I quit the original game.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Brad. Brad, why aren't you running around, collecting shards and preparing defenses before the enemy waves start spawning?
    "There's a lot of just waiting around, huh?"
    "Yep."
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

• Options
    UhtredUhtred Registered User regular
    Jeff talking about vaping had me in stitches. There can never be enough vape culture and stree overlord talk.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Brad. Brad, why aren't you running around, collecting shards and preparing defenses before the enemy waves start spawning?
    "Yep."
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

spend your point

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Just heard about a stellaris stream tonight, can't not watch it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    TBH, I can't imagine how rough it must be to keep an interesting conversation, looking at that minimap and learning a new character all in the same match. Also we gotta keep that Giant Bomb sucks at games thing going.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    "Yep."
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Brad at video games.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Reminds me of that one UPF where Jeff was pretty candid about Quicklooks.

"I swear there's something about playing in front of an audience that makes you dumb. I've gone back to quicklooks and watched myself miss obvious onscreen information and gone 'Am I just fucking stupid?'"

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I get that when you're playing for an audience there is a lot going through your head and it's going to impact how you play.

I had to stop watching the Battleborn QL when noted moba player Brad Shoemaker ran into enemies in the moba game mode until he died over and over again, and said something to the effect of "So do I just get in there and flail around until I die?"

Like no you should be the one person on staff who is acutely aware that is the opposite of what you should do because the number one moba rule is to avoid dying

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    To be fair, Battleborn is hobby-grade awful.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    he did better in paragon I guess

maybe it's because he was melee in battleborn outside his comfort zone

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    UhtredUhtred Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I don't believe Brad is actually as awful at Hitman as he is in the QL's, I think he's putting it on for entertainment value. Dan's influence there is also even more hilarious than in MGScanlon.

Uhtred on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Uhtred wrote: »
    I don't believe Brad is actually as awful at Hitman as he is in the QL's, I think he's putting it on for entertainment value. Dan's influence there is also even more hilarious than in MGScanlon.

Hitman is a game where you need to play super patient which doesn't make for great video. Also Dan's way of playing is to just kill everyone and do random shit and hope it works, so that influence makes for more mistakes.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The issue with the Hitman thing is that Dan is pure comedic chaos and action, and Brad thinks he is perfect stealth. So when Brad is playing and Dan is coaching, it just devolves into Dan yelling at Brad to do a thing and Brad refusing to do it. And then when Brad does it, he only goes halfway with it. Or he will randomly do stuff to screw himself, like throw the soda at that bathroom attendant in full view of witnesses for the sake of "comedy", compromising one of the last clean costumes he still had.

You can tell that by the end, the fact that the funniest thing they could think of doing to the last target was to chase after her with a funnily named knife and just shank her was basically them giving up due to time pressure and being so close to the end as to not want to get sloppy.

I'm gonna partially blame the small text on screen and the fact that they are probably sitting far away from the TV, but they kept missing simple, obvious clues during this video.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »

he had like 5 unspent points in paragon and was half the level of everyone else! :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PikaPuff wrote: »

he had like 5 unspent points in paragon and was half the level of everyone else! :P
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well me knowing nothing about paragon the video looked like he was doing ok

if you're talking about battleborn in the beta I'd be that bad with a melee too

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    As much as I've been wanting a first-person MOBA, Battleborn just does not appear to be it.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    I'm interested by its group PVE aspect, I've watched it played competently and it looks like fun.
    PVP modes, eeeeeeeeeeeh.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    It's a completely unfair comparison but everything about the way Battleborn looks, how it moves, how it plays, how it animates, the framerate, the movement, the sound effects, etc.

All that shit looks chintzy as fuck. Like it looks unfinished somehow, like someone got it to where it is and then went "eh, good enough"

Whereas in Overwatch, it feels silky fuckin' smooth and looks a shitload better to boot

And that's unfair because it's Blizzard and all, and I'm sure some of the things about Battleborn are deliberate aesthetic choices, but it's just a baaaad look

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I like the look of Battleborn well enough, but man it sure does feel like you're shooting nerf guns in that game.

• Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    It's a completely unfair comparison but everything about the way Battleborn looks, how it moves, how it plays, how it animates, the framerate, the movement, the sound effects, etc.

All that shit looks chintzy as fuck. Like it looks unfinished somehow, like someone got it to where it is and then went "eh, good enough"

Whereas in Overwatch, it feels silky fuckin' smooth and looks a shitload better to boot

And that's unfair because it's Blizzard and all, and I'm sure some of the things about Battleborn are deliberate aesthetic choices, but it's just a baaaad look

I have found that to be the case with every Gearbox game ever released

Just do not get their appeal

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Reminds me of that one UPF where Jeff was pretty candid about Quicklooks.

"I swear there's something about playing in front of an audience that makes you dumb. I've gone back to quicklooks and watched myself miss obvious onscreen information and gone 'Am I just fucking stupid?'"

Must be what happened on UPF during Push Me, Pull You. I had to stop watching because of the salt caused by them not understanding the mechanics of the game.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

I have found that to be the case with every Gearbox game ever released

Just do not get their appeal

It doesn't bother me so much in Borderlands, for whatever reason. Maybe because that's straight up a Diablo-style RPG, and not a MOBA or whatever Battleborn is trying to be? Or maybe because there's more variety in enemy types and weapon types to find and discover? I don't know!

Battleborn just... looks bad. It's so strange

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    While there's definitely things that can be improved, I think the game's okay.

Granted, I do have a feeling that Overwatch, while good, may end up just being the new Star Wars Battlefront and not have legs.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, if they don't introduce some other hook to keep playing Overwatch over the long term, I don't see it lasting long. You only get a loot box once every level. After awhile levels come VERY slowly, even if you're performing well in matches.

Looking at something like TF2 that has hats, and weapon variations, Overwatch seems a little sparse.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    overwatch has weapon variations

it's called "21 different characters"

also the hook to play it over the long term is "having fun playing it"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    If that were the case, why have levels and unlocks at all?

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    There's so many things I dislike with the modern competitive gaming concept of "progression". From how it's blatantly an attempt at player retention by locking off content you'd already paid for to then selling boosters to unlock this content faster to players actually complaining when said grind is not in there.

Something something Skinner Box something something old man something.

• Options
    Beltaine wrote: »
    If that were the case, why have levels and unlocks at all?

initial addiction like the worm on the hook

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.