As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoH/CoV] Chat: Big patch! Spring Fling event! ITT we plan Accualt's wedding.

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So after 30-40 minutes of people randomly deciding that they were gonna come on the Sara Moore TF we finally ended up with two teams and 13 people total. One team lead by Morgy which we call Team Failatlife started before us by a fair bit and finished after us by two missions. The other lead by me which we will call Team Awesomesauce finished the TF in 3 hours..here is their story.

The Tale of Team Awesomesauce

So basically the entire TF prior to Ruladak sucks and it's just 14 missions that are hunts or kill alls of various enemy groups such as Nemesis, Rularuu, and CoT so we will just skip to the last mission.

Team Awesomesauce spots Ruladak from afar in the heavy fog(the whole mission is filled with fog and you can't see shit). Sk summons a shivan right in my view forcing me to move up..what a nice guy.
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-49-56.jpg

The battle begins..(bonus phantom ass)
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-50-24.jpg

It is fierce..
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-50-30.jpg

Lime Tank delivers a mighty blow..(Ghost is somewhere off in the distance there killing Rularuu)
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-50-36.jpg

The brave fight on despite being impaled..
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-50-38.jpg

Ruladak is defeated..he implodes..
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-52-12.jpg
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-52-13.jpg
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-52-14.jpg

Team Awesomesauce gathers outside..victorious..
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-53-57.jpg
    From left to right..I think..FlammieBC, Ghostalker, Sk, Gear Girl, Hope Faraday, Foul Flame, and Kabuto. Global names anyway I forget all the character names...

Despite having no corpse of Ruladak's to teabag we are there in spirit..
    screenshot_2007-11-10-20-55-14.jpg

Thus ends the tale of Team Awesomesauce. Sometime later Team Failatlife finally finishes.

Gear Girl on
  • CitrusCitrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was damn fun once we got rolling. In fact it was a lot shorter than I expected, took us what three hours, not bad.

I got up close and personal for most of the fight, the results:
    moore1bigguy.jpg

moore2iseeyou.jpg

moore3ieatyou.jpg

moore4ifeelnopain.jpg

Shivan Buddy didn't show up till the very end, what a sack of scum.
    moore7hishivanbuddy.jpg

My rock delivery system:
    moore5bringitsmalltank.jpg

moore6rockdeliverysystem.jpg

moore8results.jpg

Citrus on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ruladak's expression in panel 3 ftw

Scooter on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So which is the best way to level? Sidekicking or exemplaring?

Goose! on
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Huzzah finally played my katana scrapper enough to get a new katana!
    screenshot2007111023542ns5.jpg

Lep on
    edited November 2007
    So which is the best way to level? Sidekicking or exemplaring?

Examplaring gets you no xp(only money) so sidekicking.

Gear Girl on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I thought that was only for the exemplar not the ah---whatever it is.

Goose! on
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yea the exemplar only gets inf or works off debt.

Lep on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gear was poking me to come back so I had a look. They're giving Fury to blasters or something similar? The more damage you do, the more damage you do. So in other words my Mr Fusion will have a power he will actually use 95% of the time? Neat.
    Also just having the option of more respecs is dragging me back into the game with its siren call. I like to mix up my builds frequently, try out new things etc. I may resub for a while when Issue 11 hits.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited November 2007
    I thought that was only for the exemplar not the ah---whatever it is.

Well yes the examplaree or whatever the fuck it is called gets xp as per normal but the examplar doesn't.

The way it works is...

Examplaree(Normal Xp, Money, Debt Clearing ect)
    Examplar same level as Examplaree(No Xp, More Money, More? Debt Clearing)
    Mentor(Normal Xp, Money, Debt Clearing ect)
    Sidekick one level lower then Mentor(Is -1 so slightly higher xp percentage, Normal Money, Normal Debt Clearing)

Gear Girl on
    edited November 2007
    I can hover now. So close to flying.

So, if anyone wants a sidekick sometime tomorrow after 4PM EST, I would greatly appreciate it. 8 levels till I can learn fly.

Fuck yes

Goose! on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gear was poking me to come back so I had a look. They're giving Fury to blasters or something similar? The more damage you do, the more damage you do. So in other words my Mr Fusion will have a power he will actually use 95% of the time? Neat.
    Also just having the option of more respecs is dragging me back into the game with its siren call. I like to mix up my builds frequently, try out new things etc. I may resub for a while when Issue 11 hits.

Not quite. it's a 12.5% damage boost across the board, none of this scaling shit, and even while mezzed you can use your first two primary set powers and your first secondary set power.

They're now kinda built to directly counter Doms.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nocren wrote: »

Not quite. it's a 12.5% damage boost across the board, none of this scaling shit, and even while mezzed you can use your first two primary set powers and your first secondary set power.

They're now kinda built to directly counter Doms.
    Castle wrote:
    Each time you attack, you get a stacking damage buff with a fixed duration. The value of that buff is determined by the attack fired, and single target attacks will provide a larger effect than AoE attacks (they'll be calculated using the inverse of the number of targets calc used for damage/end costs.) Duration and actual numeric values aren't final yet.

That's on top of the 12.5% Range Damage increase and the cast through status effect for tier 1 and 2 powers.

Here's the Dev post I just quoted.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Huh... So there's a fury kind of thing on top of that? I didn't see that in closed beta note (though I only fired that up like once when I first got in)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    is...is the new issue out?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • CitrusCitrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    YES!
    no, most think after thanksgiving. :|

Citrus on
  • ReaperSMSReaperSMS Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    From experience helpin a friend, it's generally faster for them to SK up than for you to exemp down. Kill rate is higher, and generally everything will be better.

The only downside to SKing is that they might end up missing some story arcs.

ReaperSMS on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ReaperSMS wrote: »
    From experience helpin a friend, it's generally faster for them to SK up than for you to exemp down. Kill rate is higher, and generally everything will be better.

The only downside to SKing is that they might end up missing some story arcs.

Which will be a moot point after Issue 11! Finally!

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, so I took Victorious to the test server to give Orouboros a spin.

Only to discover I have done almost every story arc available to the character.

I had no idea I had done so much with him.

Then again, he was my first CoV character that I made when it came out.

He's still only level 32

Pony on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    So the new issue is out now?
    I may have to redownload a trial on this computer, since mine is out of order for the time being.
    EDIT: Whoops.jpg, nevermind. This is what I get for not checking ParagonWiki or this thread more than once every few weeks.
    Still going to download the trial and dick around in training room.

Me Too! on
    edited November 2007
    Nocren wrote: »
    Huh... So there's a fury kind of thing on top of that? I didn't see that in closed beta note (though I only fired that up like once when I first got in)

They're giving my Blaster a 12.5% ranged damage boost across the board.

I mostly started and ended my fights at 100-70% health, so defiance never touched me unless shit hit the fan. And it usually hit the fan because I wasn't doing enough damage by like a smidgen so they got in something nasty. They're giving me the smidgen for free.
    I'm really looking forward to this change and trying it out. I can't see a downside anywhere.

Morninglord on
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I love how the blasters on the official forums are whining. It turns a fair amount of them wanted straight-up Mag 3 mez protection as an AT inherent. How fucking retarded can you be? Really, the devs are going to just go out and give you single-stack protection? Of course, these are the same people that want slow and energy drain protection in every set so I shouldn't be too surprised.

I guess if I whine long enough about Gauntlet maybe they'll give tanks a version of Fury that pumps defense and feeds my cats and cooks me steaks. I should start whining about an AT I play all the time anyways right now!

Pb on
    edited November 2007
    So what is the arena? :D (I'm so n00b and dumb)

Goose! on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's for setting up PvP matches, which almost no one ever does outside of the Friday Night Fights. Gladiator fights (pokemon) are the only entertaining part of it.

Scooter on
    edited November 2007
    I'm glad that someone that uses smilies, writes shit like "n00b" and has a name like yours is jailed.

Pb on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Was that really necessary?

Glal on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pb wrote: »
    I love how the blasters on the official forums are whining. It turns a fair amount of them wanted straight-up Mag 3 mez protection as an AT inherent. How fucking retarded can you be? Really, the devs are going to just go out and give you single-stack protection? Of course, these are the same people that want slow and energy drain protection in every set so I shouldn't be too surprised.

I guess if I whine long enough about Gauntlet maybe they'll give tanks a version of Fury that pumps defense and feeds my cats and cooks me steaks. I should start whining about an AT I play all the time anyways right now!

I've always thought everyone should get base Mag 3 mez protection. The gulf between melee and non-melee mez protection has always seemed pretty stupid to me, especially since most mezzes are ranged anyways.

More people are complaining about potentially longer animations for Ice Blast and Fire Blast (the powers, not the powersets) I think.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    With Duck, it's mandatory.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited November 2007
    I'm glad that someone that uses smilies, writes shit like "n00b" and has a name like yours is jailed.

I'm glad that you're glad, so, everybody's happy.

Goose! on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Stupid question time, are you guys till playing on virtue? My fiancee and myself just picked this up to give it a go. We are playing villain side, my chars named is Richard Friendly, and hers is Catel. Really enjoying it so far nice break from what I have previously played.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes to Virtue. Join the PA channel if you haven't already.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    so today I got Tech Sleek armor, which I immediately added to Exact (he was previously using Stealth)

couple that with the incoming boost to Blasters (leading to an eventual change to Defiance) and a brand new laser-sighted compound bow

and Exact's having a good month.

Pony on
    edited November 2007
    Glal wrote: »

I bet he plays Stalkers, too.

Pb on
    edited November 2007
    Tonight 8 EST. 50s Heroes and Sks.

Running whatever we can get..AVs..big outdoors..whatever. Just for fun.

What I'm more impressed with is how he took it pretty well and didn't get all "Guys I'm sorry I can't play a game that has this big of an asshole playing". Even for duck that seemed a little over the top though.

Also duck..you're a fucking 4$$h013 :P.

Gear Girl on
    edited November 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    More people are complaining about potentially longer animations for Ice Blast and Fire Blast (the powers, not the powersets) I think.

Yes that sort of sucks, but at the same time maybe the normalization will get more people into other sets. Elec will still suck no matter what, but there's more to the AT than Ice and Fire.

Pb on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Innocent until proven guilty.

Of course, the punishment is death.

Glal on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    :[

is i11 out yeeet

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
    edited November 2007
    No Kazhiim it isn't. Come back and get your Stalker to 50 with mine.

We'll cry together.

Together.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Can someone hook me up with the link to the free trial?
    I don't think the thread that I got it from originally is still around.
    EDIT: The promotion isn't offered anymore. Is there any other way for me to redownload the client on a new computer, without using a buddy pass from one of you homps? If not, would you mind sending me a buddy pass?

Me Too! on
    edited November 2007
    It's somewhere in the OP. Towards the bottom.

Here.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
This discussion has been closed.