As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey, Podcasts. Are you /good?/

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited May 2016 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9bb2hvBiN0

Right reasons

Right reasons

Making bad posts for all the right reasons

http://rosebuddies.libsyn.com/

WeedLordVegeta on

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Yo Austin talking on the Beastcast about Stellaris is the best shit.

• Options
    Please Marry My Podcast Thread

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I don't know how people normally do screencaps, so this looks like shit, but this is how the Hulu subtitles interpreted the name of the fictional country in an episode of Totally Spies:
    e0hh2ad0xb3z.png

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I should do a Stellaris Thread.
    I wanna do a big multiplayer game on a weekend.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

how does the multiplayer of those games work? Just no pausing?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

how does the multiplayer of those games work? Just no pausing?

I'm not sure how they'll handle it in Stellaris, but previously
    The space bar is disabled as a pause button in multiplayer, since it is used frequently while typing in chat. Instead, players must press the Pause key. If anyone other than the host pauses, the game remains paused for up to 60 seconds, after which anyone may unpause.

You generally have some game specific options the host can enable about breaking truces or fog of war stuff.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Brad and Jeff together are terrible at push me pull you.
    Edit - Also the We Hate Movies mailbag BvS question was so much. Just... Damn...

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to watch that Stellaris Quick Look with 100% of my attention

I hope it's not Crusader Kings complicated

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speaking of which I found a really awesome Stellaris Species Generator

and made a test race

czj0ub4acn9q.png
    (I grabbed the species image from here)

As you can tell, I'm super excited for my amphibious monks to push out into the stars!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    on a scale of 0 to Ascendancy, where does Stellaris fall?

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    you know, for as much of a mess as it is, I'm actually really proud of the newest totally reprise

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Fuck, that Stellaris quicklook is fantastic, but I really don't like playing those kinds of games.

I would love it if Austin just did a feature where he played like 1-2 hours of it every week. Maybe have the chat vote on the species stuff.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to watch that Stellaris Quick Look with 100% of my attention

I hope it's not Crusader Kings complicated

without all the historically accurate legal stuff it seems more streamlined and accessible to me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Man, Stellaris looks good but goddamn. Every time they press a button there's a whole new feature that just complicates things even further.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    does the mic fuzz in this weeks UPF ever end

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    nvm it's air vents driving them crazy

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Looping Jason was fantastic.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I don't know if I can deal with the fact that people not from here actually listening to TWA.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Fuck I watched the Stellaris QL last night and now I'm listening to the Beastcast and I think I'm in trouble

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So I'm thinking about podcasts again, even though I clearly don't have the time to create one. I just think The Real Ghostbusters would be a good fit for the yet-unnamed SE++ Podcast Network.
    I'd totally have bonus episodes about Filmation's Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters as well.

Is Get Real a good name or is that overused?

Also, I need a partner who isn't way too deep into the property the way I am.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Fuck I watched the Stellaris QL last night and now I'm listening to the Beastcast and I think I'm in trouble

I've just watched the Master of Orion unfinished and I'm already in trouble.

God knows what Stellaris might do to me.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Listening to Austin's space gerrymandering story was the final nail in the coffin

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The Stellaris QL sounds like a thing I need to avoid if I can't spend any extra money at all for 3 months.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I don't know if I can deal with the fact that people not from here actually listening to TWA.

Turns out, and I hate to say this, advertising works.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I watched the Stellaris QL before listening to the Beastcast and I should really go back and watch it again with that in mind.

Also, Austin Walker with the Christopher Eccleston era Doctor Who reference. Nicely done.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I mean listen

Its not like a ton of them but they do exist

Enough that apparently I used the term Girlfriend several weeks after using Wife to refer to Mrs. Chilla and several people I do not know wrote in to make sure everything was ok

The internet is fucking really really weird

I genuinely don't know how actual internet celebrities deal with it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also we're about to record TWA with myself, Simon, and three guests because NOTHING STOPS THE GAME ROOM QUICK LOOK POWER RANGERS DISCUSSION

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    the wrestling thread invades TWA! tune in as raw rolls on

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    If Stellaris is like Crusader Kings, I'll get way more enjoyment out of hearing other people's stories than trying to actually wrangle the game myself

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Also we're about to record TWA with myself, Simon, and three guests because NOTHING STOPS THE GAME ROOM QUICK LOOK POWER RANGERS DISCUSSION

Man I'm awake and everything, I should have jumped in too.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Podcast where I stay up late drinking but my body wakes me up at my workday morning alarm time, still drunk

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    You know, if we started some sort of podcast conglomerate we would mostly just need a landing page to funnel people to the various other pages we had.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I am having the exact same ad problem as griffin is this cool games inc

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ZCoX6Xmdug4

DREW AND AUSTIN QUICK LOOK

THEY'RE PLAYING TWILIGHT STRUGGLE

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    today blank molly and myself ensured that chincy will never do an episode with primarily guests again

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    I'm only upset I missed your TWA debut, your weedness

• Options
    today blank molly and myself ensured that chincy will never do an episode with primarily guests again

@WeedLordVegeta @Blankzilla and @The Betgirl punked the shit out of me and Simon

• Options
    hi i'm antonio and welcome to jackass

• Options
    we basically law dogs'd em

This discussion has been closed.