As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    People are already netdecking Chakki's lists on ladder.

Playing a list that is 100% someone else's creation sounds boring as shit to me.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Just came up against a C'rhun priest deck as a dragon priest. He dropped a brann which I took with cabal shadow priest. He then sw:p something else and brann stayed up for 5 turns.

So 2 black wing tech, an azure drake and a twilight guardian and he was in a lot of bother: 3 4/6's and a 4/4 on the board in addition to brann. He was in a spot of bother that's for sure.

I don't know why he left brann tbh.

PSN Fleety2009
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Playing a list that is 100% someone else's creation sounds boring as shit to me.

I like to look at lists for templates, but yeah I generally don't straight up copy lists. I tend to have my own preferences, you know?

Unless it's a class I don't know well. I have no idea how to build shaman decks so I just grabbed Loyan's list.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

gib timestamp

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

gib timestamp

Oh weird that took itself out of the URL. Around 22:40 or so the Summoning Stone game starts.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

gib timestamp

Oh weird that took itself out of the URL. Around 22:40 or so the Summoning Stone game starts.

yeah timestamps don't work with embeds

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    My start match animation after the mulligan phase is literally still loading, and this einstein's already got sir finley out and steady shot equipped. Aggro shamans have really honed their craft over the last week.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Not to mention that it's stupid running a list someone developed specifically for a tournament setting when they have good intel on who their opponents are going to be and what they're likely to run.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well, as someone who netdecks, i definitely prefer to run some rounds with the base list before i try to figure out how to tweak it appropriately for the local meta

want to try and make sure i have a fuller understanding of what it's trying to do before i start tinkering with it, you know?

liEt3nH.png
    I'll usually directly netdeck for at least the first few games if I stoop as low as to netdeck (I've only ever really done it for face hunter [because I somehow failed horrendously at building it] and the very first night Reynad developed aggro shaman), and from then on if I have to rebuild that deck I'll do it by memory and add in my own subconscious tweaks (always ancestral knowledge x2, screw running out of gas)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    if you think you're subconsciously adding ancestral knowledge you really don't have a good memory of the deck :P

liEt3nH.png
    if you think you're subconsciously adding ancestral knowledge you really don't have a good memory of the deck :P

Is double standard? I thought a lot of lists were running only one.

And yes, my memory is terrible.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    it's totally staple, esp. now that you have less burn to run

liEt3nH.png
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I've only had a few games with it but so far I'm liking the WoG Patron Warrior style more than the Warsong combo style. Instead of trying to set up one killer turn, there are more threats you lay down. Patrons and Frothings are still big threats but even if the opponent removes them Bloodhoof Brave, Ravaging Ghoul, Kokron Elite, the ooze from Blood to Ichor and even Wild Pyromancer are well able to chip away at the opponent to set up a late game Grom or Ragnaros.

You have extra activators now for Patron and Grom as well. The options for doing things is so much more open with the newer patron deck. I never thought I'd see wild pyro in a warrior deck at all.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png

Is double standard? I thought a lot of lists were running only one.

And yes, my memory is terrible.

Well, with the really aggressive ones they like to run two for boosting Troggs pretty quickly. Watching some of the dreamhack matches that had shamans in it saw a lot of ancestral knowledge being used. Especially if it draws you doomhammer + rockbiter or rockbiter + lava burst. I forget who had doomhammer with like 4 charges left and does a AK into 2 rockbiters and the next turn also pulled lava burst so had 16 off the hammer plus 5 more to finish off an opponent. It was great!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Holy...

Hearthstone masters korea quarterfinals has ssanebong running freaking miracle druid against his opponent who has midrange shaman.

76561197990097905.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Gee. Fucking thanks, game. Sure. Have literally every answer to anything I have in my deck within the last 10 cards in the deck FOUR GAMES IN A ROW. Seriously.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    this druid on ladder just successfully went raven idol -> starfall at a crucial moment.

god damn.

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Holy...

Hearthstone masters korea quarterfinals has ssanebong running freaking miracle druid against his opponent who has midrange shaman.

Oh that's sad. I thought I invented miracle druid :(

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    We had a long weekend in Germany so I haven't played in 4 days. Ladder at rank 12 has become 100% Shaman. I had a Priest quest so it worked out for me, you just stuff your deck full of removal and go to town.

I went with dragon priest and in the third game I remembered why I hated that before: Running 8 dragons I managed to not draw one in the first 8 turns (including pre and post mulligan). And Blackwing Technician feels so bad naked.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    this druid on ladder just successfully went raven idol -> starfall at a crucial moment.

god damn.

It's slightly more than a 1 in 10 chance, not the most ridiculous odds I've seen.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »

god damn.

It's slightly more than a 1 in 10 chance, not the most ridiculous odds I've seen.

it was kinda demoralizing to see the animation, realize he was fishing for starfall, and watch him get it.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    With the popularity of Shaman (and thus Doomhammer), tech'ing in Harrison Jones has proven to be a rather good choice so far. It normally leads me to over-drawing 1-2 cards, but it is generally worth it as I normally have a hand that is full of answers to nearly everything the Shaman can do, in addition to getting rid of a threat that can typically clear whatever I put down.

When things go right, I probably enjoy playing priest and its slow grind of inevitability a little too much.

PSN Fleety2009
    Playing against a N'Zoth Paladin with Shaman.

I'm thinking with the amount of healing that deck carries there's a good chance this could go south really fast if I don't draw into my burst damage (bloodlust, doomhammer, rockbiter).

Get to a point where the Paladin plays an Acolyte of Pain onto a board where I have no 3 damage easily available... so I construct in my head some weird play where I draw cards off it killing some of my minions via cult master so the card advantage is still the same as it was... if anything more in my favour because he's already got a pretty full hand and I'm down to the bones.

Then I realise.... they've got 7 cards in hand already. Fuck it, lets mill them. So I throw 3 1 attack minions in fill up his hand and next turn he burns...

Tirion Fordring.

Ah ha ha ha ha.

They concede at the end of that turn.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    OG Crafting Guide

Pretty reasonable choices all. Except C'thun. I have no idea why he's on the craft list--you can't craft him.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Got renounce darkness from a spellslinger in arena, as mage

The wording on the card specifies warlock but it reduced the cost of my class cards by 1

It also replaced my hero power with.... the mage hero power

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Did it actually change your class cards?

Or did it just reduce the ones in your hand?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

I've had the same experience with Renounce Darkness. Same class cards, but all cards in the deck are reduced by one.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    edited May 2016
    MMMig wrote: »

It reduces the cost of the ones in your hand. Happens every time.

Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Might be the expected behaviour? It says replace your Warlock cards but you have none.

I'm guessing the 1 mana reduction is something it applies to all class cards you have. So if a Warlock gets another class's card (faceless manip and panda back to hand or spellslinger) I'd imagine it doesn't replace it but does reduce it's cost by 1.

I'd also imagine if you Finley into another classes hero power as Warlock and then Renounce Darkness it won't get replaced. If you Finley into Warlock's hero power and then renounce darkness on another class it probably will.

Muffinatron on
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Got renounce darkness from a spellslinger in arena, as mage

The wording on the card specifies warlock but it reduced the cost of my class cards by 1

It also replaced my hero power with.... the mage hero power

Sounds pretty reasonable from a programming operation perspective

Operation 1. Replace warlock hero power with random hero power *fizzled here maybe, or maybe you just rolled mage*
    Operation 2. Replace warlock cards with random cards of that hero power
    Operation 3. Reduce the cost of all [non-warlock]/[new class] cards by 1. Tracking if these were the cards altered in step 2 would be more work.

Dis' on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    Holy...

Oh that's sad. I thought I invented miracle druid :(

Not to be mean or rude or anything here, but nobody "invents" a deck, not really. Not even Reynad with Zoo. :P

Deck archetypes exist as "templates" of sorts, and then you have various people iterating and innovating on that core template. So even though Reynad claims he "invented" Zoo, it was really just an iteration/innovation of the current existing "Aggro Warlock" at the time. And yes, it was a HUGE leap forward and forever shifted the direction of Aggro Warlock, but even then, other people came along later and added other innovations and iterations.

Even if you think, I've created this cool niche deck, chances are someone else has as well, I mean. Even if it's not popular on ladder, even if no one else runs it. To be completely fair, Miracle Druid has existed in the past in various forms. Malygos usually being the most popular form (using Auctioneer to cycle for Malygos+Moonfires/Living Roots as a finisher).

Even deck archetypes that don't even EXIST yet, still aren't a single person's idea. I could be like "yo man, I'm gonna play AGGRO PRIEST", but I guarantee you other people have had similar ideas and tried similar decks.

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, simply trying to put things in perspective a bit. Deck archetypes are this sort of weird collaborative mind-share effort, even if you don't realize it at the time. :P

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I've had Yogg renounce darkness away my mage hero power, but it didn't reduce the cost of my mage cards.

teriferin#1625
  • KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    what's the "miracle" for rogue, druid, any class really, referring to? maly and small spells doing big damage? i originally thought it meant that you needed a miracle to have all the right cards to pull an otk with rogue.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

envoy1 wrote: »
    Oh god, I wouldn't wish Jasm's hand and draws on my worst enemy. This is just unimaginably bad.

Yeah I've been watching this and I had to turn it off. It feels very unfair and not really a battle of skill any more.

It was...Firebat? I think? Some fairly accomplished pro...who said that skill in Hearthstone is 80-90% deck building. At the top levels pretty much everyone is making the optimal play every turn and it comes down to draw variance. The game has a pretty low skill cap.

That doesn't really jive with what firebat has said regarding the amount of practice it takes to play decks optimally.

Roz on
    Ketherial wrote: »
    what's the "miracle" for rogue, druid, any class really, referring to? maly and small spells doing big damage? i originally thought it meant that you needed a miracle to have all the right cards to pull an otk with rogue.

In current games, miracle is basically having enough spell cards to combine with gadgetzan auctioneer. Every spell you play draws another card. So the idea is you can potentially clear board, pull enough loaded burst to otk or gain an advantage that the next few turns sets you up to win the game. It works well with rogue cuz they have really good removal spells + prep and tomb pillager for extra 0 cost draws. Plus setting up a big edwin + conceal for next turn.

For druid it mainly seems to work by drawing into your simple burst spells + emperor and maly. So its not really miracle class per say and more maly class, from what I understand. The auctioneer part is more to find emperor and maly so you can set up for big burst.

76561197990097905.png
    OG Crafting Guide

Pretty reasonable choices all. Except C'thun. I have no idea why he's on the craft list--you can't craft him.

Maybe he's making the post with the idea that down the line new players may pop in and c'thun won't be free anymore? I dunno.

76561197990097905.png
    Roz wrote: »
    Oh god, I wouldn't wish Jasm's hand and draws on my worst enemy. This is just unimaginably bad.

Yeah I've been watching this and I had to turn it off. It feels very unfair and not really a battle of skill any more.

It was...Firebat? I think? Some fairly accomplished pro...who said that skill in Hearthstone is 80-90% deck building. At the top levels pretty much everyone is making the optimal play every turn and it comes down to draw variance. The game has a pretty low skill cap.

That doesn't really jive with what firebat has said regarding the amount of practice it takes to play decks optimally.

It could very well have been someone else, I'm not certain it was Firebat. It was definitely a pro who's won stuff though not just some random saltlord.

It could very well have been someone else, I'm not certain it was Firebat. It was definitely a pro who's won stuff though not just some random saltlord.

That seems reasonable after a certain period of time. Most decks have syneriges that we've been playing for years now. And most pros are generally making the optimal play that they can (or risky play). Saying most of the time it comes down to draw variance it perfectly valid. Just look at Chakki and his last few matches. His draw was decent to great while his opponent was drawing dead way to much. Payton's rogue decimated him early in the tournament but in the semifinal Payton could not draw an auctioner and lost that match.

76561197990097905.png

That seems reasonable after a certain period of time. Most decks have syneriges that we've been playing for years now. And most pros are generally making the optimal play that they can (or risky play). Saying most of the time it comes down to draw variance it perfectly valid. Just look at Chakki and his last few matches. His draw was decent to great while his opponent was drawing dead way to much. Payton's rogue decimated him early in the tournament but in the semifinal Payton could not draw an auctioner and lost that match.

Yeah, exactly.

This discussion has been closed.