As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pin Print Runs

• Options
    TheRightStoffTheRightStoff Registered User regular
    Updated. Thanks

Great information all around. Thanks!

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Tyto was 2,000 per their recap.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the updates, keep the info coming!

• Options
    maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Also, Undead Labs did 2000 of each Pin, including the upcoming Prime.

I talked with Anne at PAX South, and she told me that South had the smallest print run. Didn't give me a number. She told me the minimum print run size was dependent on the PAX. They were running low by the end of South, so this makes some sense. And well all know now that they did not make the third pin.

Bethesda: I talked with them at the booth after our panel, and the gentleman told me he looked at the Vault Boy invoice, and only 1000 were ordered, and he also told me that the pins would not be remade (of course, this is speculation), and they were not available on line. Since their "menu" called both pins "exclusive", I suspect there were only 1000 of each, and they do not plan to remake them.

• Options
    Going off the @smgstudio recent tweet

Death Squared Red 1000
    Death Squared Blue 1000

• Options
    Tinman Medius the Cannibal | 1000 (Confirmed via Twitter)

• Options
    Tinman (2014) | 2000 (Confirmed via Twitter)

• Options
    I saw on What's App that Nissa was a 2100 print run. Can anyone confirm this?

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015

Can't confirm this as the two guys I spoke to (booth manager and Oceania head of events [and marketing?]) weren't sure if they were allowed to release numbers as it was an issue/question that had never been raised with them before. They were super awesome though and did trade off with the information that the PAXaus' have smaller print runs than all the other PAXen magic pins and confirmed that Aus Chandra (aka Chandra2) has the smallest run of all the magic pins.

Duckie on
    Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    ndwhiteyndwhitey AustraliaRegistered User regular

Heya, I think I said this number in What's App so should possibly clarify.

I asked this of one of the MTG enforcers at the booth who were manning one of the lines.

He wasn't the guy in charge so I'd say he was perhaps having an educated guess. They did seem to have a smaller number than last years (ran out quicker) however, this could just be because the MTG booth was more popular this year.

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    Per Khoo, the automata add on pins will be a run of 1,200.

• Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Take it or leave it as accurate but one Twitch worker said Helix was 1500 with "500 to staff".

Difficult to tell what a booth worker really knows though.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I would say this could be wrong as if you go by how they handed the pin out first 300 guests in line for Twitch Town Hall panel first 50 people to play at the Twitch Corsair gaming each day find out which Twitch staff member is playing treasure goblin and hoarding a bag of pins to give away each day at 2PM and I was told that each time there would be given out 150 pins so that would be a total of 900 pins given out over the weekend. but the last one is only going by what a Booth worker told me. dose anyone know how many people work for Twitch that might help us work it out.

2slayeru on
  • Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The aggressive Twitch trader lady must have given out a bunch, I traded with her twice and my friend once, and she was hounding other people as well.

• Options
    OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    misskass wrote: »
    The aggressive Twitch trader lady must have given out a bunch, I traded with her twice and my friend once, and she was hounding other people as well.

She traded with me in the line on Sunday. Though I think by that point she was getting picky.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    1500 is in line with the other 2 twitch pins.
    Thanks for the info!

Capt Wasabi on
  • Options
    The Automata Carl KS add on pin is an LE.
    Per the KS page "This pin will NEVER be made or sold again, so not only is it exclusive for the next two weeks, but the quantity made will be limited to that actually ordered for this Kickstarter Campaign. The quantity made will be stamped on the back of the pin."

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Thanks!
    I'll move it to the LE section
    Do we know the run for the other KS pin?

Capt Wasabi on
  • Options
    There were 1,131 backers. Don't know how many extras will be made for the "really small buffer." The print run will be on the back of the pins.

• Options
    Rod.HRod.H Running from the Dropbears...Registered User regular
    I've some print run information on some welovefine pins. They're not part of the Pinny Arcade program but they are of some relevence to sections of the community and it's another data point for those math-loving squirrels.

Lead Pony Badge - 1200
    Rainbow Dash face - 2000

Of cause there might be more out there if a reprint's occured, but I suspect that's not likely.

• Options
    OK People.
    What run numbers did you find out from South?

• Options
    New Year 2016 | 2016
    PAX South Polygon 2016 | 1500
    added

• Options
    Ok people.
    Lets get some Pax East Print Numbers!

I know from a photo I saw on slack we have

Vault Girl | 5000
    Dogmeat | 2500
    Cyberdemon | 1000

I also believe that
    Witcher and M.O.O were runs of 1000. (can anyone confirm this)

What else were you east attendees able to find out?

• Options
    DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    @dmosinee and I talked back and forth about this, but I'm under the opinion that MoO had a lot more than 1000, based on the boxes and amounts I saw at the panel. But that's just speculation. Witcher numbers sound right.

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Company responded to my tweet confirming that Master of Orion was a print run of 1500

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    ^ Awesome. Thanks

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Sully |1000
    Drake | 1000
    Elena | 1000

all added.
    (All Naughty Dog pins so far are 1000 runs)

Capt Wasabi on
  • Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I believe that the Riot Teemo pin had a print run of 5,000. According to scuttlebutt they wanted to print more, in the neighborhood of 15,000, but PA nixed that and set the 5,000 limit. From that I don't doubt we'll see more Riot pins at future PAXen.

• Options
    Thanks
    Updated

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Triad Wars was confirmed as a run of 2000

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Triad Wars was confirmed as a run of 2000
    You have to be kidding me.. 2000! They have only got what... 40 or 50 out there?

• Options
    MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    @Capt Wasabi I thought the Valentine's Day pin was a LE pin was it not? In your list you have it as the first non LE pin.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • Options
    @MarioManiac Nope its not a LE pin, but lots of people think it is because it was shipped on a LE backing, but that was because it did not fit on the normal backing.

PA can reprint it if they want.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/01/24/valentines-day-pin1

• Options
    MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    @MarioManiac Nope its not a LE pin, but lots of people think it is because it was shipped on a LE backing, but that was because it did not fit on the normal backing.

PA can reprint it if they want.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/01/24/valentines-day-pin1

I see now, ok.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • Options
    What did people find out about pin print numbers for West?
    Also I saw something in the chat about a reprint being discovered, can anybody tell me what pin it was?
    I have added the LE at 1500 for west but that's all I have so far.

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    What did people find out about pin print numbers for West?
    Also I saw something in the chat about a reprint being discovered, can anybody tell me what pin it was?
    I have added the LE at 1500 for west but that's all I have so far.

IIRC the reprints were the two Double Fine pins from Prime 2015 (Double Fine Logo and Laz). They now apparently come with custom backings, much like the Double Fine West 2016 offerings.

aleph0 on
  • Options
    Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Bethesda Pin numbers

Deathclaw (2000)
    Dark Brotherhood (2000)
    Emily (1000)

All taken from their store sign at Pax.

Wraith90 on
  • Options
    Thanks @Wraith90 & @aleph0

Anyone got a pic of the reprints and the new backing?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    It's probably also worth noting the Portal set got reprinted... not that we ever had a print run, but now it's "more."

• Options
    astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Anyone got a pic of the reprints and the new backing?

Yes, see attachment.