As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    image thread only

image thread or Image thread?

yes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Didn't the superhero thread evolve from making a thread for the various superhero movies? And they just started coming out so frequently that it just became one continuous thread?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Didn't the superhero thread evolve from making a thread for the various superhero movies? And they just started coming out so frequently that it just became one continuous thread?

It was originally a superhero movie catch-all, yes. Then we started talking about superheroes in general, and then it basically became a comics thread.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Apparently the forum doesn't save New Thread drafts

Neeeeat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah I can live without constantly talking about the movies, we've already got a Civil War thread

But I actually do still want somewhere for the actual comics

@Mr. G
    There is a whole subfourm for comics discussion

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah I can live without constantly talking about the movies, we've already got a Civil War thread

But I actually do still want somewhere for the actual comics

@Mr. G
    There is a whole subfourm for comics discussion
    There is also a subforum for video games and other things discussed in SE++

GV is nice but has a way different conversational flow than SE and is also waaaaaaay slower and there have been like 3 attempts to change that and none stuck

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Also while we generally stay close to topic here regardless, the other subforums stricter adherence to on topic discussion chafes

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    yeah, i just much prefer conversation here

i'll read other subforums occasionally, but i've no real desire to post

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    As someone who uses this place to keep myself from going crazy with boredom at work

Yeah I'd prefer a forum that doesn't consider 3 posts in one thread in an hour "peak usage"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    To be fair, if we all posted there, it would probably go a little faster.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

no it smells there

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah but it usually trickles off because people check SE more often and forget to check GV and also the conversation tends to be more rigid and less free flowing

Like I like GV and am not trying to do treehouse shit but I would like there to still be comicstalk in SE

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I prefer SE too, but what if we all went over there and livened up the place?

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Must get my rankings in before it goes away forever!

The best:
    Winter Soldier

Great:
    Civil War
    Iron Man 3
    Age of Ultron
    Ant-Man
    Guardians

Good
    First Avenger
    Thor
    Avengers
    Iron Man

Fine
    Dark World
    Iron Man 2
    Incredible Hulk

Anticipating Dr. Strange dethroning everything, Agents of SHEILD to keep being great, and Iron Fist to be pretty awesome.

Thanks for helping me through many an insane boredom spell, thread. See you all on the other side.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Civil_War_II_Gods_Of_War_1_3.jpg
    THE BOYS ARE BACK TOGETHER

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Does Cho have to stay hulked out or they throw him out of the bar?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Does Herc have normal pants now, instead of Kirby's weird cutout leather stockings?

• Options
    Mhm
    Herc2acol.jpg?1438190096

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Between that and that Thunderbolts page- the dream of the 90s is alive in comics.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    That's a good look for Herc

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Between that and that Thunderbolts page- the dream of the 90s is alive in comics.

Is Muscled Characters 90s now in comics?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »

Is Muscled Characters 90s now in comics?

Or the pouches. Or the weird crotch guard. Or the head guard.

Or the weird head mask thing in that Thunderbolt page. Or actually everything about the rendering in that Thunderbolts page.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    That's the same head guard Hercules has had since the 70s
    1242226-herc126_cov.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    With all the other details it makes it look evocative of a Liefeld design drawn in a more palpable style. But I won't press it.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i will agree about the weird crotch guard on that outfit but it's otherwise rad

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I don't care about Herc's look that much either way because his current book is simply very enjoyable. In contrast to the first issue of Thunderbolts which was neither good nor good looking.

honovere on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That's the same head guard Hercules has had since the 70s
    Those two head guard hat thingies have the same color and almost nothing else in common.

The one up there looks way more like the ridiculous thing Shatterstar used to wear on his dumb face.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's the Google Glass version of the old headgear.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Oh hey, did I miss rankings? There are no Marvel movies I've seen that I regret seeing, so I'll use my patented "Would I Rewatch This?" system (please note, I very rarely rewatch things I've seen before). Movies listed in alphabetical order:

Movies I Would Rewatch Pretty Much Whenever
    Captain America: Civil War (probably?)
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iron Man

Movies I Would Rewatch Maybe on Occasion
    Ant-Man
    Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor

Movies I Don't Really Care to Rewatch
    Age of Ultron
    Iron Man 2

Movies I Have Not Seen
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Incredible Hulk
    Thor: Dark World

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    With the caveat that it's a completely different beast than Winter Soldier and Civil War

You should totally watch First Avenger

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    With the caveat that it's a completely different beast than Winter Soldier and Civil War

You should totally watch First Avenger

I do want to see Cap 1 and Thor 2. I just haven't ever actually taken the time to do it.

The Incredible Hulk I just do not care about at all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The Incredible Hulk is entirely forgettable really. There's a few cool scenes in it, but it's mostly rough and tells the same Hulk story you've heard a thousand times before.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Thor 2 I wouldn't go out of your way to see

Like if you're channel surfing and it's on or something and it's either that or Law & Order reruns

Maybe watch Law & Order

But if you've already seen those episodes like thirty times, hey, maybe check out Thor 2

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hercules conspicuous cock-plate really gives the impression that it's his weak spot, like he's demi-god all over except his dick, regular mortal dick

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    There are more posts per hour here than there are in a week in GV

And I appreciate what some of the posters there are doing, but I don't relate to any of it.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Thor 2 I wouldn't go out of your way to see

Like if you're channel surfing and it's on or something and it's either that or Law & Order reruns

Maybe watch Law & Order

But if you've already seen those episodes like thirty times, hey, maybe check out Thor 2

Eh, I liked Thor 1 better than most people I've talked to so I want to give it a shot.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I enjoyed Thor 2.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I really enjoyed Thor 1 also

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I thought Thor 2 was great, people gripe about misusing Malekith but I got no idea what he does in the comics, and he's serviceable in the movie, if disposable.

What's great about Thor 2 is primarily Hemsworth and Hiddleston having a blast, and Freja is pretty excellent, and the climax is hilarious and absurd and tons of fun and the whole thing is basically just "fine" at worst.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mjolnir going all over the place was pretty great.

BLM - ACAB
This discussion has been closed.