As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

19495969798100»

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Malekith is the worst villain in a cinematic universe that hasn't really had a wealth of compelling villains

Yes, even more boring than Ronan

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Ronan at least looked neat.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Malekith's whole thing is that he is totally bonkers and malicious

MCU Malekith was a generic bad guy conqueror

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    since these are mostly MCU drawings

keep posting the A-Z in the Civil War thread, please

I gotta see them all

most importantly gotta know when I can buy some

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    We'll split into Comics Comics thread (possibly Marvel/DC split, but I can't see the DC thread getting much traffic) and Comics Movies thread, most likely.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I never know what "boring" means.

He is menacing and wants to do a bad thing. Half the villains in the MCU are Darth Vader in New Hope and that is more than enough for me. I do not need or want every bad guy to be Heath Ledger's Joker. If the primary conflict in the movie is between the villain and the hero, by all means, have a great, complex, compelling villain. If the primary conflict is outside of that relationship, then gimme the Darth Vaders all day long.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

He's a king who's willing to sacrifice his entire race for his goals, while Thor's contemplating turning his back on everyone and everything for Foster. The opening scene where Malekith turns his back on his people as their ships crash into the world is supposed to mirror the end of the movie where Thor turns his back on Asgard.

I don't think he's generic, he's just not as good as he could have been.

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

He's a king who's willing to sacrifice his entire race for his goals, while Thor's contemplating turning his back on everyone and everything for Foster. The opening scene where Malekith turns his back on his people as their ships crash into the world is supposed to mirror the end of the movie where Thor turns his back on Asgard.

He didn't sacrifice his whole people

That was the point

He left with one ship left full of warriors and his chosen lieutenants and went into stasis to wait for a better time to strike

Like he was an asshole who was willing to kill a lot of his own men but he wasn't sacrificing his entire race

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

He didn't sacrifice his whole people

That was the point

He left with one ship left full of warriors and his chosen lieutenants and went into stasis to wait for a better time to strike

Like he was an asshole who was willing to kill a lot of his own men but he wasn't sacrificing his entire race

That's what the narration tells us, that he intentionally crashed his people's escape ships into the Asgardians so he could get away, dooming his race.

• Options
    Okay I know we are supposed to wait until the previous thread is locked to post a new one but I really need to get to bed and spent an hour making an OP last night so I am gonna post it anyways please don't lock it nice lovely mod people

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I really like Thor 2 almost entirely due to Loki's scenes.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Okay I know we are supposed to wait until the previous thread is locked to post a new one but I really need to get to bed and spent an hour making an OP last night so I am gonna post it anyways please don't lock it nice lovely mod people

Tube said he didn't want another superhero megathread after this one at all.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »

Tube said he didn't want another superhero megathread after this one at all.
    That is why it is a Marvel Comics thread specifically, not a megathread

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.