As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    Welp as a Cryx player I think I may be done with Warmachine and will stick with Malifaux. Meh.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Wading through the thread, while the server's on fire..
    Ok... So the biggest change to the Revenants was a simplification of how Deathbound works. It now reads, "If there are fewer models in this unit in play during your Maintenance Phase than there were at the start of the game, you can return d3 destroyed models to this unit. Place the returned models completely within 3˝ of the unit leader." There are some trade offs in there, but it its still strong. They are cost at 10/17.

Rengrave picked up Cleave and Gang Fighter but lost Point Blank and Ghost Shot. Veteran Leader has been reduced to a +1 benefit but models just need to be in the Veteran Leader's coomand range now, the LOS requirement has been dropped. Sac Pawn was traded for Call to Sacrifice [Revenant] ("If this model is disabled by an enemy attack, you can choose a non-disabled friendly Revenant model within 5˝ of this model to be destroyed. If another model is destroyed as a result of Call to Sacrifice, remove 1 damage point from this model.). So that's better... Finally, a model put in play as a result of Death Toll must forfeit its Combat Action the turn it is put into play. All and all, I think a stronger and more fun Rengrave with a cost of 5.
    The Leviathan is ROF d3. Chain Strike is still a thing and you have already seen the changes to Kill Shot.

Oh... And Venethrax. How does Field Marshal [Counter Charge] sound?

EDIT:
    Excarnate now reads, "When a living enemy warrior model is boxed by Excarnate, remove it from play. You can then add one Grunt to a friendly Faction small-based undead unit in the spellcaster’s control range. Place the Grunt in formation and completely within 3˝ of the spellcaster. The Grunt must forfeit its Combat Action the turn it is put into play."

That "must forfeit its Combat Action" and "completely within" language is pretty consistent between all the return/put into play spells and abilities. Basically every place effect now stipulates "completely within".
    Good questions and I am surprised I have not though to address them sooner. It is still possible to intentionally fails a charge. It is also still possible to fire an AOE at a target out of range with the intion of scattering the shot.

For the second question, you cannot charge friendly models any more. Though you can still slam them. The extra movement bothered us. Bowling did not as much.

Not Cryx-related, but in regards to Enigma Foundries:
    No seriously, we've been play testing this stuff for literally years. Reconstruction (★Action) now says, "Remove one soul token from this model to return one destroyed medium-based friendly Faction Clockwork Vessel Grunt to play, or remove up to three soul tokens from this model to return one destroyed small-based friendly Faction Clockwork Vessel Grunt to play for each token removed. Place each returned Grunt completely within 3˝ of this model, in formation, and within 3˝ of another model in its unit. A returned Grunt must forfeit its Combat Action the turn it is put into play."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Wow, no more charging friendly models

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    From PPS_Soles-
    So... Venethrax went through a significant evolution. And honestly I wish I just gave you guys his card. This will be my last Cryx spoiler for the duration, so spoil I shall.

Dragon Slayer is gone. As is Soul Harvester. We substantially retooled his theme for some serious battlegroup coordination and Soul Harvester just did not fit as well as it once did. In place of Soul Harvester Venethrax just picked up +1 STR and ARM. Oh yeah... And acquired Terminal Velocity and Mortality.

And his new feat, Vengeance of the Dragonfather, reads, "Enemy models cannot allocate focus points to or leech fury points from models in Venethrax’s control range. Vengeance of the Dragonfather lasts for one round."

There we go. Venethrax with Battlegroup Counter Charge and Terminal Velocity? Yes. I'll take it.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Eeeeeeeeee
    I was playing a game at a local store with my Farrow a few months back, using my Brigands with the Farrow Warlord UA. I almost said "Okay so thanks to the Warlord their Prey target is ...", but I caught myself right before. Whew! Glad I didn't let that one slip on accident.

Wait.
    Arkadius' needle got some nifty upgrades, and he doesn't just stick enemy models with them anymore. I mean, one of his options is to fill one of his own warbeasts with Raw Adrenaline, which reads: If a living warbeast is damaged by an attack with this weapon, all attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.

And for the luggage-bent...
    Amphibious is an icon now, like Pathfinder, oh and it does more than it used to.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I have a saved draft here that was gushing about Arkadius' new needle

huuuuuuuuuuuuuurg minionssssss

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Assuming I don't gravitate towards the new Hordes faction, whatever it is, amphibious getting a boost sounds like good news for the gators I will most likely be playing.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Legion of Everdouche's Insider is up. Eyeless Sight no longer lets you LOS through forests but you're immune to Blind effects.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Also weapon/head locks and push power attacks are gone.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    In 12 years of playing tabletop miniatures games I've played on boards that have water terrain all of twice, and it's never been relevant to the game itself.

Can someone explain why the amphibious and knock down effects changes are important?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    In 12 years of playing tabletop miniatures games I've played on boards that have water terrain all of twice, and it's never been relevant to the game itself.

Can someone explain why the amphibious and knock down effects changes are important?

That's why they're important. The amphibious change is extending it to do something beyond water, and the inert change is because that rule was irrelevant except for the 1/20 games where it completely fucked warjacks.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well, that's the thing, you couldn't really *use* water terrain as a major feature on boards without most Warmachine players getting all BabyRage and refusing to play on it.

(Broken Coast pirates or maybe a little Cryx not-withstanding.)

Now conceivably you could.

EDIT: It's also possible that pathfinder won't ignore a rough terrain-esque effect from moving through water.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    New Insider talking about weapon crew changes is up.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-04-2016

LIGHT ARTILLERY RULE IS DEAD!

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    To give you some somewhat more granular details, Cygnar’s Trencher Chain Gun went through a devastating metamorphosis into a true light machine gun. With Strafe retired to the dustbin of history, the weapon features an impressive d3+1 ROF. When coupled with the Grunt’s Ammo Feeder special action, which now boosts the Gunner’s ranged attack damage rolls against warrior models, it really makes that POW 10 count. With a +1 bump in Trencher RAT and having maintained Dig In, Covering Fire, and Advance Deployment , this unit is a steal for 5 points.

Mmmmmm

• Options
    edited May 2016
    POW 10's for days?
    POW 10's for days.

Cygnar is back to form.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Boosted POW10s are basically like a real attack. It's why Tempest Blazers are so sick.

• Options
    A cheap source of D3+1 boosted POW 10s that has AD and Dig in that can put a covering fire down instead if I need it.

I'm damn tempted at fitting at least one in now.

• Options
    Armor-Piercing - When calculating damage from this weapon, halve the base ARM stats of models hit.

Interesting, it doesn't seem to care about base size anymore.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Skorne Overview Insider's up...

...of course, the server's on fire right now.

EDIT: Word from on high is that Monday's Insider will be the Retribution one.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I was surprised that Hordes got two in a row. Seems like some good stuff in general, some boosts in flagging areas and well deserved nerfs in others.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Retribution insider's up.

MHSF's Phantom Seeker is now a once-per-game mini-feat.

OVERBOOSTING IS GONE! (The +ARM boost per camped focus.) When a warcaster is hit, they can instead spend a focus point to reduce damage taken by 5.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    That just sounds like they reworked Overboost

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    It is still called Overboost, but yes it's a totally different rule.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I assume it's limited to one focus spent per attack

Edit: that is the case, still sucks to be a low Arm warcaster

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    The Knife Ears Insider was full of good stuff. The forum thread was full of more good stuff. Total turnaround from last week's Legion debacle.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Cripes, Garryth is going to murder the shit out of some warnouns.
    Garryth's feat now prevents casting spells, channeling spells, spending focus or fury points, or being moved by place effects for one round.

He also's gotten a bit more limber and now has Acrobatics

Also his pistols and blades picked up Blessed as most people guessed. His blades also kept Weapon Master and Grievous Wounds.

gWuFZgy.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    New Insider up, talking about how they're handling errata.

tl;dr, new resource at .com/errata that'll house *everything*.
    Annually they'll release a physical card pack that'll contain all the cards that were updated over the previous year. The updated cards will have a different colored-icon for that year and be marked to show which version of the errata they come from, so you can easily tell at a glance if they're the updated version.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    yay

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Any word on Khador changes? I'm tempted to find a Journeyman league in the Houston area and give the new edition a spin.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Any word on Khador changes? I'm tempted to find a Journeyman league in the Houston area and give the new edition a spin.

Not yet. They've only done Cryx, Legion, Ret, and Skorne so far.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Explosivo rewrite looks a bit more reasonable.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Did... Gunnbjorn just become T1?
    Gunnbjorn's feat now reads, "While in Gunnbjorn’s control range, friendly Faction models gain cover, do not suffer damage from ranged attacks, and cannot become knocked down. Fortification lasts for one round."

I mean, he can just give the bird to heavy shoots-based armies... And it keeps Tough rolling since they can't be knocked down.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Did... Gunnbjorn just become T1?
    Gunnbjorn's feat now reads, "While in Gunnbjorn’s control range, friendly Faction models gain cover, do not suffer damage from ranged attacks, and cannot become knocked down. Fortification lasts for one round."

I mean, he can just give the bird to heavy shoots-based armies... And it keeps Tough rolling since they can't be knocked down.

Gunnbjorn~channn

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Pretty boring one, but that makes sense since Convergence already plays basically how they want Warmachine to play.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Digging through the thread for stuff. Will keep updating this post with stuff.
    The Convergence's medium infantry kept their 8 damage boxes. This is the only place other than the Man-O-War that made sense to us. Actually more here. These guys are literally made of metal.
    Axis gained a point of ARM, went up to a 1" melee range, and the COST of Iron Aggression was reduced to 2 among some other minor tweaks.

In regards to the TEP and the new ROF rules:
    The TEP is ROF 2. Firing Formulae on the Aperture Pulse says, "When this model makes a ranged attack with this weapon during its activation, determine the position of the Permutation Servitors this model put into play. For each completely within its left firing arc, this model gains an additional die on its attack rolls. For each completely within its right firing arc, this model gains an additional die on its damage rolls. For each completely within its back arc, this model can make an additional ranged attack."
    Flight now says, "This model treats all non-impassable terrain as open terrain while advancing. It can move through obstructions and through other models if it has enough movement to move completely past them. While charging, power attack slamming, or power attack trampling, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle, an obstruction, or another model. This model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target."

In regards to the Iron Mother:
    She is very similar to her old incarnation. Among some other minor changes she now has ARM 17.
    It was slightly tweaked in order to remain the same: Enemy models currently in Axis’ control range suffer –2 SPD and STR and cannot charge or make slam or trample power attacks. Friendly Faction models currently in Axis’ control range gain +2 SPD and STR. Circumpotence lasts for one round.

Prime Axiom's STR went up to 17 (from 16), and the Accelerspiker went up to ROF 5 (without AutoFire or Strafe).

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ahhahahahahahahaha

Eiryss1's Disruptor Bolt strips fury off the target hit as well now.

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEES.

Sturm & Drang have a trait called Mental Domination, which hands out a Field Marshal-style effect to his battlegroup depending on what head's in charge that turn. Sturm hands out Shield Guard, Drang hands out Overtake.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg