As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Prime is no more.

SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of DestructionRegistered User regular

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2015
    OLD NEWS ;)

Did you make that graphic btw? I don't see it anywhere.

PAX West is a much superior name to PAX Prime.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    OLD NEWS ;)

Did you make that graphic btw? I don't see it anywhere.

PAX West is a much superior name to PAX Prime.

I just copied the theme of the graphic on the East showclix page. I threw it together in a bout 5 min, so the font doesn't match.

PAX PRIME WILL NEVER DIE!

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    what is dead may never die

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    This upsets me. :/

This feels like a change made primarily to make things easier for their business partners.

Hrmph.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    I thought this was a joke. They are seriously renaming Prime to West?

2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • Options
    It is not a joke.

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    My guess is that it's to make the other two US PAXen to not sound like lesser shows compared to the "main" one. Hopefully the rebranding will possibly disperse new PAX-goers to an extent if they are on the fence about which to attend.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    I honestly thought the Mario Maker stage name was a mistake and got annoyed when sites said it was from the "PAX West 2016 Omegathon"
    Seems I was proven wrong

When will the site update to this?

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    When will the site update to this?
    Probably after PAX East when they start prepping for selling PAX West badges.

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Makes sense.

PA has said that they don't consider one better than another, which the name "Prime" did kind of go against that statement. It also "fits" better with East, South, and Australia (I do think that PAX Aus should be renamed to PAX Spider or Drop Bear, but that may just be me).

But I do have to admit that in the cockles of my heart, perhaps even the sub-cockles, knowing that West is where it started (and where I first got looped into this crazy ball of awesomeness), makes it "Prime" to me.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Was Prime ever a formal name for it? I thought all the West merch just had PAX and nothing else.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Was Prime ever a formal name for it? I thought all the West merch just had PAX and nothing else.
    http://prime.paxsite.com has been the website ever since East was launched. It was never on the merch, but it was utilized quite a bit.

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    http://prime.paxsite.com has been the website ever since East was launched. It was never on the merch, but it was utilized quite a bit.
    Actually, it was on a few things. 2013 had at least two shirts, 2014 had at least one shirt and pin.

Non-merch, it was on the stickers on the bobcats, and the registration paper that came with said bobcats referred to it as PAX Prime.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    Oh, right, the retro shirt and the 10th anniversary shirts!

• Options
    I wonder, now that PAX "Prime" is no longer, does that make the merch I have a 'collectors' item? Not that I'm ever going to sell or otherwise get rid of them, but still... :P ;)

(Side note: Anyone else notice that the calendar for WSCC doesn't list PAX yet? I could have sworn it was on there for 2015 at this time...)

eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I wonder, now that PAX "Prime" is no longer, does that make the merch I have a 'collectors' item? Not that I'm ever going to sell or otherwise get rid of them, but still... :P ;)

(Side note: Anyone else notice that the calendar for WSCC doesn't list PAX yet? I could have sworn it was on there for 2015 at this time...)

They did that with East as well. Robert has mentioned he feels announcing even the date of the Pax lets scalpers prepare so I think they have asked the convention centers to no longer put up the date on their website.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    You can change your branding, but you can never change my heart.

• Options
    pc_meanpc_mean Registered User new member
    So is there a website for it now?

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Why in my day it was just called PAX. We didn't have any of these fancy other PAX cons.

• Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    PAX Prime is dead. Long live PAX Prime.

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    The day west.paxsite.com starts working is the day we can start freaking out.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    krae_man wrote: »

Not completely true. East did not update the pax site before they released tickets last time.

Edit: realized I was in the wrong thread. Thought we were taking about ticket sales. My bad.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    You can change your branding, but you can never change my heart.

pkf06ireqpc4.jpg

Till all are one!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

You didn't realize that works now?

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

Cue freaking out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7dp9OSqpdU

It would help if all the links point to West instead of Prime.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    wolfemancswolfemancs Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

Well THAT'S new!

I tried west 2-3 days ago (yesterday?) and it didn't work.

• Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    West.paxsite.com doesn't work for me yet

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    west.paxsite.com is in the process of propagating to dns servers AS WE TYPE. It probably works for most of you now, and for those it doesn't, it should be soon-ish. It doesn't mean badges will be available in the next few days, and in fact, South registration will come first.

• Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    west.paxsite.com is in the process of propagating to dns servers AS WE TYPE. It probably works for most of you now, and for those it doesn't, it should be soon-ish. It doesn't mean badges will be available in the next few days, and in fact, South registration will come first.
    Ah hah! I totally had a feeling South registration would be before West.

• Options
    K!LL@RK!LL@R Registered User regular
    Dave, you should have just sent out a tweet that badges are on sale on May 17th. South would have sold out before anyone noticed.

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Yes, cue freaking out!

• Options
    mral777mral777 Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    They decided to go with PAX West because PAX Super Awesome Sparkle Cake wouldn't fit on the badges. So it basically came down to just using geographic location. True story I just made up... ...

• Options
    kbschmidkbschmid Calgary, ABRegistered User regular
    PAX Prime was a bit derivative.

Sorry for the math joke. I'll see myself out.

By day, a mild-mannered charity guy
    By night, a gamer.
    PAX Prime 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    PAX Prime had very few roots, but they were strong.

(Now that's a math joke)

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    utterotterutterotter Registered User regular
    I love on the paxsite.com, that PAX is Seattle and all the rest have further description (South, Dev, etc)