As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokemon Thread: Shaymin you if you don't get your Shaymin through Mystery Gift this month!

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Wow, those look awful.

Legendaries are okay though. I mean, one is just a shiny Pyroar...

You look awful

2x39jD4.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    On a second look the starters are growing on me. Lookit Rowlet and Poppilo's animations, they're so cute!

And thank god the Moon legendary isn't an Ibis, I reckon they both look cool.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    That Grass guy's pretty tempting despite my tendency to go Water, he is adorable.

But the type combo suuuuuuuuuucks.

Litten is the only one I don't find myself instantly adoring, but that name is on point (if kinda close to litleo)

No sign of costume changing, which is a bummer but still gonna hold out hope they let you do the basic skin tone/hair color/eye color stuff until proven otherwise

I am down for pokemon hawaii

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    litten's attack animation is cute

poppilo looks like a doofus but that's not necessarily a bad thing

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    the moon legendary is an artistic rendition of a bat.
    ok....
    Still I do hope they give out a little more info at the treehouse as it just showed the starters and teased some looks around the area

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Litten is probably thinking "You just don't understand me"

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    the problem with the water starter is that spheal already exists

definitely going grass this time

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would like to see what they evolve into as we got a cute fox that turned into something you see at a rave

also i'm super duper into the environments and character design

also trainer customization is back yes this is good

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yeah geez the grass owl is okay but this is the first time I've felt that they look like fake digimon

PNk1Ml4.png

Where did you see this? Because I want this real bad

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Well, artwork of Grass guy, I'm sold:
    49p2jchewdh3.jpg

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like Litten and the grass owl but holy shit that water type looks awful

Also points off for not having a reptile one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Well, artwork of Grass guy, I'm sold:
    49p2jchewdh3.jpg

i was not understanding the white/brown beak/mouth situation so I'm glad this clears it up

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Popplio is an adorable little seal clown

2x39jD4.jpg
    http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

There's a bit more info/images on the starters here.

It is SUPER WEIRD seeing trainers and such proportioned like normal people out in the world

I like it

CYpGAPn.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

it's in the japanese video

PNk1Ml4.png
    Litten's fire attacks are hairballs, amazing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

1 minute 15 seconds into the video the guy being controlled had a different hat, color clothes, and bag. Whether that's customization, or some sort of other thing is presumably still unknown but...

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Wow, those look awful.

Legendaries are okay though. I mean, one is just a shiny Pyroar...

I'm sorry what

that owl is adorable

and angry kitty oh my god yes

Magic Pink on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I guess I'm going grass for the first time ever since the other two poogles are as goofy as balls

here is official art from the sun and moon site

CiGE6eJVAAAemrI.jpg

Zenyatoo wrote: »

1 minute 15 seconds into the video the guy being controlled had a different hat, color clothes, and bag. Whether that's customization, or some sort of other thing is presumably still unknown but...

That's the girl trainer

2x39jD4.jpg
    I like the design of the world a whole lot

Makes the routes and such feel really unique from the other games which have mostly differentiated themselves in specific locations (mostly caves or buildings) and cities

CYpGAPn.png
    here is official art from the sun and moon site

CiGE6eJVAAAemrI.jpg
    Ah, the snot bubble Pokemon

CYpGAPn.png

That's the girl trainer

Really? Well shit. Her hat is 2goofy4me.

i am a fan of popillo's showmanship

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    edited May 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0_F-_ClcQ

Japanese trailer, this is really good (and shows different skin colours for the PC).

PaperLuigi44 on
    I think im putting myself squarely into the Moon + fire cat square.
    Maybe ill change my mind as the evolutions to the starters get shown but... I'm just not down with the clown. The owl is adorable though, just not adorable enough.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I think im putting myself squarely into the Moon + fire cat square.

oh hell yes

Legit bummed there is no reptile/amphibian

First time ever!

CYpGAPn.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0_F-_ClcQ

Japanese trailer, this is really good (and shows different skin colours for the PC).

it got really dusty in here for a second

the fact that nintendo knows that their franchise means a lot to kids all over the world and is basically weaponizing it for good is fantastic

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Grass Owl looks rad but I don't know that I can go with a type combination as rotten as Grass/Flying

Fortunately, I also love how the Fire Cat looks and hey, maybe he won't be a Fighting type

Maddoc wrote: »
    Grass Owl looks rad but I don't know that I can go with a type combination as rotten as Grass/Flying

Fortunately, I also love how the Fire Cat looks and hey, maybe he won't be a Fighting type

Id put money on him ending up fire/dark. BUT, his description mentions being covered in oil, and I gotta say i'd be super hyped if he turns out fire/poison or something radical like that.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    My evolution predictions:

Fire cat has red ends to his fur that stands up when he attacks, he's going full Maine Coone fluffy fireball.

Seal dude is going full elephant seal with that nose. Either that or they play up the circuit/clown angle more as he changes.

Grass owl I can't really predict, but I don't see him taking and crazy turns in his evolution path. I love him anyways, so he is my pick.

Maddoc wrote: »

Is grass/flying actually a bad type combo or has every grass/flying so far just been a bad pokemon

Because I am all about this grass bird

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.