As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• webberwebber Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I kind of wish you could heal yourself to over 30, and not just with armor.

I kind of wish you could only get 10 armor.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I hope everyone who was so upset at getting force roared every game asks for Doomhammer + rockbiter to get the axe, its' the same problem at 3 less mana

Everyone forgot about how bullshit a lot of Shaman's stuff (like Doomhammer or Always Mana Tide Totemic) is because all its terrible cards held it back for so long. But Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    weapons have charge but they are interactable after that first turn. you're talking about 4 less damage and damage that doesn't go up with more minions on board.

totally unrelated sidenote, I'm loving midrange shaman way more than the more aggro tailored deck. not sure if it's better or if it's just that this is more my style. it feels like midrange shaman felt way back when and I loooooooooooooooove it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    webber wrote: »

I guess if you want Control Warrior to not be a thing ever again and for there to be absolutely 0 decks that really counter Freeze Mage, sure, that's an idea.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I hope everyone who was so upset at getting force roared every game asks for Doomhammer + rockbiter to get the axe, its' the same problem at 3 less mana

well, every pro made aggro shaman and named it "why was doomhammer not nerfed" after the nerfs went live so

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    3clipse wrote: »

I guess if you want Control Warrior to not be a thing ever again and for there to be absolutely 0 decks that really counter Freeze Mage, sure, that's an idea.

I don't. Just having a tough night of Hearthstone.

14-11 with C'Thun Warrior tonight, 2 of those losses due to huge misplays/misreads on my part and a couple were early on when I was experimenting with some new cards that I quickly learned were not a good plan.

Last game was a very satisfying win against a Reno Grinder Mage who at 12 health and taking 2 fatigue on their next turn elected to Antonidas + Frost Nova, knowing that I had an 18/18 C'Thun and must be holding it because I had drawn my whole deck.

Good feeling win for me, I definitely feel their pain though, you work so hard all game to get in a good position (still had Polymorph, had Antonidas and spells, if they played Reno they were in very strong shape) and then have a brainfart on one turn and just die.

well, every pro made aggro shaman and named it "why was doomhammer not nerfed" after the nerfs went live so

5 mana for 16 damage and it can enable 1 mana Fireballs, sure, seems fine.

I really think it's just a case of Shaman being kept down so hard by the GvG cards, people (including Blizzard) forgot how quickly it can just run away with games.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    weapons have charge but they are interactable after that first turn. you're talking about 4 less damage and damage that doesn't go up with more minions on board.

totally unrelated sidenote, I'm loving midrange shaman way more than the more aggro tailored deck. not sure if it's better or if it's just that this is more my style. it feels like midrange shaman felt way back when and I loooooooooooooooove it.

It's also 3 less mana in a class with a hell of a lot more reach. You don't need minions on the board when your spells kill past taunts anyway.

Like I'm just gonna right out and say it. Shaman needs to be changed. They are basically just straight up better Druids now, and it's disgusting. It is far FAR worse than any level of dominance druid has ever had.

Like I'm just gonna right out and say it. Shaman needs to be changed. They are basically just straight up better Druids now, and it's disgusting. It is far FAR worse than any level of dominance druid has ever had.

Yeah, Druid's removal can't compare to Shaman.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I disagree that it's worse than druid because priest has a good matchup against it whereas druid was near unwinnable for priest with combo in the equation

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Aaaaaah man. I keep trying to get N'Zoth Rogue to work, to be a THING, but I just keep getting run over by all the good decks.

I dunno. I like the deck but I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that it's just not very good :(

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it looked promising because a lot of obvious power coalesced early when people were still tweaking decks

but then whoops turns out it's a rogue deck

liEt3nH.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    N'Zoth Paladin is pretty ridic right?

i should just craft Lightlord and Forbidden Healings and play that instead

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Doomhammer + Rockbiter is just 10 damage, though and doesn't scale higher with minions on the board. The druid also had the damage split on 4 different attacks and not just 2, which helps with remaining taunts and whatnot. Like, yeah, Doomhammer is really really good, but old ForceRoar still wins that comparison.

/edit: whoops, didn't see that there was another page, sorry

Grobian on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I love how NOW the calls for nerfing shaman come out. Haters can hate! Now feel the pain reversed when it was druid combo all over the place. I am enjoying my preferred class being in the spotlight. :biggrin:

#DoomhammerChargesMatter #SmashFace

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

I'm so sick of playing against freeze mage. I think it is very interactive to have a full board frozen for 4 turns before being hit with flamestrike and then hit with 4 fireballs in a turn, super fun.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Druid, sad state?
    After it has recieved Living Roots, Raven Idol, Dark arakkoa (so good that you play it outside C'thun decks), Fandral Staghelm and Mark of Y'shaarj in the last two updates?

Druid just doesn't have the FoN+Savage Roar combo, and we always knew that combo was OP.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I like Xixo's list a lot better than Loyan's. It's slower and more totem based, much better against control.
    A45qyCE.jpg

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Yilias wrote: »
    I like Xixo's list a lot better than Loyan's. It's slower and more totem based, much better against control.
    A45qyCE.jpg

I prefer Aggro Shaman (over midrange or bloodlust) because the games go faster and you get the insane starts that are basically unanswerable which translate into winstreaks. I'm only 7:4 today, but still up two ranks.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    Oh that's sad. I thought I invented miracle druid :(

man, i invented abzan aggro once. before the set release, after spoilers.
    it was an incredible feeling to wreck people at FNM with it before it placed in tournaments.

you can totally feel a sense of accomplishment for making something in parallel!
    almost all discoveries have historically been made in parallel, because of the imperfect spread of information.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    just played against yogg-mage and that yogg was on a power trip. It cleared the baord except for itself, then cast 2x the +4 health and taunt on itself, then cast divine spirit, THEN CAST INNER FIRE! Unfortunately for him i had played my golden monkey the turn before and my tinkmaster overspark turned yogg into a squirrel.

• KorhedronKorhedron Registered User regular
    Damn. I was generally getting slaughtered earlier by C'thun-decks and deathrattle zoo's. Got me a C'thun warrior deck together and tried that. And Brann covered behind an obsidian destroyer, and dropping a 15 strong Old God to anihilate the board and opponents face for 30? Exquisite! And addictive.

The Old gods? After some consideration I'm not really sure if I like the taste of the raw power in this expansion. It seems my other decks just get blown out of the water so much more easily. Those who do not run dedicated evolve/C'thun/N'zoth decks run really, really tight decks to compete. And the former decks are good enough with any old other cards thrown in. Sure they are a bit predictable, but they are also strong enough to take apart experimental decks with ease. No more silly, fun mage-builds for me, then

These are the stories of Dwarf Fortress. Legends have been forged there, and meticulousy gathered in one mighty hub: http://dfstories.com/start-here/
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Druid, sad state?
    After it has recieved Living Roots, Raven Idol, Dark arakkoa (so good that you play it outside C'thun decks), Fandral Staghelm and Mark of Y'shaarj in the last two updates?

Druid just doesn't have the FoN+Savage Roar combo, and we always knew that combo was OP.

I think maybe you don't play much druid. Druid has lost FoN + Savage Roar, deathrattles (which were a big reason Savage Roar was such a problem), +2 cost on its only removal in BGH, Keeper of the Grove (the flexibility is not at all worth the stat hit), Ancient of Lore (losing 1 card draw is huge).

It has poor removal, poor reach, poor board clear, and smaller bodies than shaman.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    edited May 2016
    just played against yogg-mage and that yogg was on a power trip. It cleared the baord except for itself, then cast 2x the +4 health and taunt on itself, then cast divine spirit, THEN CAST INNER FIRE! Unfortunately for him i had played my golden monkey the turn before and my tinkmaster overspark turned yogg into a squirrel.

I just played a Yogg mage mirror and we both had Yogg in the last 2 cards. He drew his first and had to play him or lose anyway, so he obviously died to fatigue after 10ish spells.

/edit: I added him and we talked shop, always nice to make a new friend in this game. Also we discovered we were both watching Asmodai playing at #2 legend with Yogg mage right now.

Grobian on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    I love how NOW the calls for nerfing shaman come out. Haters can hate! Now feel the pain reversed when it was druid combo all over the place. I am enjoying my preferred class being in the spotlight. :biggrin:

#DoomhammerChargesMatter #SmashFace

I mean sure, it's nice when a shitty class comes out of the dark and starts to dominate. Paladin is my favorite class and it was garbage until GvG and StrifeCro turned midrange into a dominant deck.

I play a lot of druid and although I'm pretty unhappy about their state right now, I agree with most of the changes made and, quite frankly, the class was too strong for too long and we all got pretty tired of seeing the same stupid midrange druid everywhere. It was too consistent, too strong, too good.

Which is where shaman is now. In 3 months everyone will be playing the same shaman deck in every tournament and everywhere on ladder and we're all going to be sick and tired of seeing them because playing against the same deck 60% is boring. When one class dominates it's awful for the game.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ramp druid can't compete vs shamans constant midrange threat boardflood playstyle

Druid spends the first few turns playing aspirant/wild growth and innervate/nourishes into an ancient of war or whatever, which gets hexed/sapped/polymorphed. Druid then dies because the opponent has a big board by this point and he spent the entire game sacrificing cards and tempo to play one guy

druid is, at last, a balanced class

unfortunately the balanced and fair cards in card games can't compete

liEt3nH.png
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I did when I realized Nzoth Rogue, however much fun it is (most fun I had since post Naxx Shamanigans), is going nowhere right now.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

That's my plan.

Same win condition that I enjoy, none of the incredible fragility of the rogue class.

PSN: Holy-Promethium

I disagree that it's worse than druid because priest has a good matchup against it whereas druid was near unwinnable for priest with combo in the equation

That's one specific matchup. Across the board, Shaman have better percentages in aggregate. Druid had awful matchups too and ran even against secret paladin.

Roughly 50% of my matches are shaman. It's practically undertaker hunter levels of popular at this point

That's one specific matchup. Across the board, Shaman have better percentages in aggregate. Druid had awful matchups too and ran even against secret paladin.

Roughly 50% of my matches are shaman. It's practically undertaker hunter levels of popular at this point

it is a jest about goat only playing priest

liEt3nH.png
    edited May 2016
    Grobian wrote: »

Doomhammer + Rockbiter is just 10 damage, though and doesn't scale higher with minions on the board. The druid also had the damage split on 4 different attacks and not just 2, which helps with remaining taunts and whatnot. Like, yeah, Doomhammer is really really good, but old ForceRoar still wins that comparison.

/edit: whoops, didn't see that there was another page, sorry

It's also 6 mana instead of 9, in a class that can build a board easier and has better burn to finish you off once that damage goes through. It may not be better but it is definitely comparable. Let the whine train begin. We'll see if people have integrity when the shoes on the other foot.

Roz on
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Combo druid didn't just do 14 dmg.

It could do 20-30 dmg easily with only 1-3 minions on board.
    The hardest part of playing Druid was all the math you had to do each turn to see if you had lethal.

It was very. strong.

With shaman it's just 10 dmg. It's all the other cards that just give it so much aggressive brutality (totem golem and flamewreath-thingie).

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    MMMig wrote: »
    Combo druid didn't just do 14 dmg.

It could do 20-30 dmg easily with only 1-3 minions on board.
    The hardest part of playing Druid was all the math you had to do each turn to see if you had lethal.

It was very. strong.

With shaman it's just 10 dmg. It's all the other cards that just give it so much aggressive brutality (totem golem and flamewreath-thingie).

I've killed people with shaman from 20+ damage from an empty board as well. Doomhammer + Rockbiter+Rockbiter+ Lava burst

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I mean if you look at the Shaman cards, the value they each have is ridiculous.
    Specially now with multiple ways to get around overload.

Even with overload the next turns can be played well with more overload cards since they don't need the full curve.

Trogg 1-3 drop at 1 cost. Those are really good stats for 1-drop. Zero downside.
    Golem 3-4 drop at 2 cost. Amazing stats.
    TWO 2-3 wolves at 3 cost. Again amazing stats. Overload is higher here but still manageable.
    Flame face 7-7 drop at 4 cost. Like, seriously?

Basically, Shaman's entire early curve has amazing stats. They're almost more mid-range stats with an early curve. ed: (that part is a bit of a stretch). Add to that great removal / burst and it's just a really tough curve to beat.

Add to that a good weapon that has a lot of sustain damage, a bunch of burn spells, and yeah...
    Add to that pretty damn good card draw now with draw 2 for 2 mana (better than arcane intellect), and yeah, legit.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I still don't understand how I can have so many 2 drops in this deck but not draw any by turn 4.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I really dont like the fact that there is a meta, but it would only be a mistake if it were any other genre. "Okay, we're going to make Ryu garbage and Cammy invincible for two years and then swap..."

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Shaman had all of that except Flamewreath last patch as well, but was still the worst or second worst class. That list I linked earlier on the page has only 5 WotOG cards.

Imo, it's dominance is more about all the other classes being significantly nerfed. Paladin and Druid lost a lot of their class cards and they were the major midrange decks last patch. Zoo has been forced back into a more aggro style than midrange. Patron lost Death's Bite which was enough to force them to drop Patron and essentially rebuild the deck. Shaman became the best midrange deck because everyone else fell off while Shaman's power level stayed the same.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
This discussion has been closed.