As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday ArmadilloI'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
edited May 2016 in Social Entropy++
The Arrowverse!

So there are three DC television shows that are great to good to ehh.....

ArrowS2iTunesupdated.jpg

It all started with this guy coming back from an island after five years having to survive mercenaries, terrorists, magic & probably more before becoming The Green Arrow!

This show goes from good to great to terrible back to good and with how the end of this season is looking maybe end at great?

Either way if you love DRAMA!, gritty story-lines with tough moral choices and the prettiest people on TV you'll like it.

failwars-the-flash-logo.jpg

This was the first spin-off from Arrow and it the most comic-booky show to ever be on television. It's great, it's just fucking great. You want super-powers and giant telepathic gorillas and alternate universes? This show is throwing it all against the wall and its all sticking. It also has the best actor in the Arrowverse, which doesn't hurt it.

NEcTXWAsyisogg_1_b.jpg

This is the second spin-off from Arrow and as much as I have been told it is kind of meh... It has three terrific characters, a horrid villain with an accent that JUST DOESN'T WORK, and some girl that used to be a barista. Maybe check it out once it hits Netflix next fall?

BEHOLD THESE SHOWS AND THEIR STORIES!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
Zonugal on

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I loved Arrow and Flash but for some reason I never started watching them again after the most recent midseason/winter break.

How have they been since then? I'm thinking about just waiting until the current seasons are on netflix to see if I want to get back into them.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Flash has been good, overall, with a couple of garbage episodes in there

Arrow has continued to be total shit

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    I loved Arrow and Flash but for some reason I never started watching them again after the most recent midseason/winter break.

How have they been since then? I'm thinking about just waiting until the current seasons are on netflix to see if I want to get back into them.

Arrow was pretty fun for the first third(?) of the season but the second(?) part just got straddled down with relationship bullshit, but thankfully it seems like they have moved past that and the last third has been awesome.

Also Neal McDonough's portrayal of Damien Darhk is worth watching the rest of the season.

Flash on the other hand has been pretty good to great to good through this season.

Personally I think if we got a show set entirely in Earth-Two that would be AWESOME but that's just me...

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Arrow has been rapidly losing me this season, especially with how it's been ramping up its tendency for side characters to do complete characterization 180s if the story needs someone to tell the main character to do something or to invent drama out of thin air. I'm a couple episodes behind now; last I saw was eleven fifty nine or whatever the number was, and that was just all kinds of eye-rolling.

Legends of Tomorrow on the other hand has pulled an Agents of Shield and become totally fantastic out of nowhere. It's as fun and ridiculous as the Flash but has more characters and divergent stories so if any one thing doesn't really work you can just enjoy the other parts. It's getting a little repetitive with how much the heroes keep failing at half of what they attempt, but it's still great. It's kind of reminding me of Final Fantasy XIII-2 of all things.

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Wait, so which was the first spin off from Arrow @Zonugal

Also Legends is getting better and it is on the tip of being great if what i think is gonna happen happens.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

The Flash

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Personally I think if we got a show set entirely in Earth-Two that would be AWESOME but that's just me...

That is not just you, trust me

The Flash

I see you picked up what i was laying down good sir.

So we got the episode Destiny this week for Legends of Tomorrow and then the finale next week titled "Legendary".

Next week is make or break for me.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Arrow has been rapidly losing me this season, especially with how it's been ramping up its tendency for side characters to do complete characterization 180s if the story needs someone to tell the main character to do something or to invent drama out of thin air. I'm a couple episodes behind now; last I saw was eleven fifty nine or whatever the number was, and that was just all kinds of eye-rolling.

Legends of Tomorrow on the other hand has pulled an Agents of Shield and become totally fantastic out of nowhere. It's as fun and ridiculous as the Flash but has more characters and divergent stories so if any one thing doesn't really work you can just enjoy the other parts. It's getting a little repetitive with how much the heroes keep failing at half of what they attempt, but it's still great. It's kind of reminding me of Final Fantasy XIII-2 of all things.

I gave up on Arrow a few weeks back. I tolerated a lot of dumb shit with that show, but putting Damien's evil power source back together (off screen of course, so we don't have to explain why they would do something so incredibly stupid) was the final straw for me.

I found Legends of tomorrow to be pretty mediocre from the get-go. It has too Big a cast and the show doesn't really have enough to do with all of them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited May 2016

Is this an upcoming show? I havent heard of it.
    Edit: feel like a dick, shoulda just clicked on the link.

OH @Zonugal , you didn't add Supergirl in the OP.

Speaking of Supergirl, i read an article that apparently there might be some issues with the show mainly in correlation with Ratings : Cost per Episode.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Young Animal is a comics imprint, so we probably want a separate thread for that. Detective Comics Comics/Young Animal/Vertigo stuff could all go in the same place, although I doubt that thread will get half the traffic that the Marvel one does.

Straightzi wrote: »
    Young Animal is a comics imprint, so we probably want a separate thread for that. Detective Comics Comics/Young Animal/Vertigo stuff could all go in the same place, although I doubt that thread will get half the traffic that the Marvel one does.

Yea i was going to comment on the fact that it should go into its own thread but i think the traffice for that stuff is minimal enough to do comic and TV stuff for DC properties.

But i mean mods can say otherwise.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Supergirl, i read an article that apparently there might be some issues with the show mainly in correlation with Ratings : Cost per Episode.

I'm not sure if I should feel bad for hoping that Supergirl ends up being moved to CW due to those budget concerns that CBS has, if only because it means an easier time for crossover fodder.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We've got multiple people who can sing on The Flash, so I'm waiting for NPH to show up as The Music Meister for a musical episode.

BLM - ACAB

What is that?

What is that?

It stands for Orignal Post.

BLM - ACAB
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

What is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p9A3I-5QqM

It's actually really good and has crossed over with The Flash so it's canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PrDxP5eybo

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I mean Vixen is also Arrowverse

Is Constantine in continuity or is the one on Arrow a new version with the same actor?

Jimothy wrote: »
    I mean Vixen is also Arrowverse

Is Constantine in continuity or is the one on Arrow a new version with the same actor?

I believe there's nothing to specifically indicate one way or the other, so most people just assume it's the same.

BLM - ACAB
    Also that was easily my favorite episode this season.

Arrow is just always great when crossing over with someone else, because then it remembers "Oh right, let's have fun this time" and the drama takes a back seat.

What is that?

Unfortunately the Flash hasn't even referenced the fact that Barry accidentally ended up in a differnet earth while testing out the chest doohickey, so I'm not sure it's Arrowverse canon.

Not that I'm against this. Just saying.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

What is that?

Unfortunately the Flash hasn't even referenced the fact that Barry accidentally ended up in a differnet earth while testing out the chest doohickey, so I'm not sure it's Arrowverse canon.

Not that I'm against this. Just saying.

They showed exactly when it happened, just nobody but Barry noticed because it was between seconds in the Flashverse.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    edited May 2016
    That's a very basic nod that he went somewhere.

It doesn't confirm that Supergirl is Arrowverse.

We know where he went.

But until he mentions it in the show, it's moot.

Goatmon on

We know where he went.

If anything it confirms that Supergirl is not Arrowverse.

Just that if they wanted to in the future they could cross over with out it directly effecting their respective shows.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Why is Jason Mewes in the credits for this episode of Flash?

Edit: NVM got my answer.

Lasbrook on
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Tonight's episode of The Flash. Laughed out loud at
    Zombie Tony. On iZombie this season
    that actor had a recurring role, also as a zombie.

Also, Grant Gustin just kills me whenever Barry has emotional scenes.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

We know where he went.

Dude

This is so incredibly pedantic holy crap

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    That was the first episode of The Flash I've ever had to fastforward through parts of

Season 2 has had some sinkers but that was the most tedious episode of television I've watched in a hot minute

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    man, i actually really liked this episode of the Flash. With exception of one guest star that kinda pulled me out of the moment but otherwise, it was pretty great.

Stupid dust, need to clean my room.

Yea, that's it.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    The episode really could have used a reference to DS9 in there somewhere.
    I mean, I know I couldn't have been the only one thinking it.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    This episode was fine but boy howdy do I not like
    Barry and Iris being a thing again

Also
    Zombie Girder was super dumb

CYpGAPn.png
    Just finished it up
    I am ALL ABOUT Zoom bringing in an army of metas

CYpGAPn.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Your first spoiler
    I'll be OK with anything as long as they fucking stick to it, at this point

but they won't

Maybe I was being too harsh on the episode but
    Barry's speed force purgatory could not be held up by the snore of a B plot that was Zombie Girder

By the time Joe and Iris were leaving their house, I just skipped every single scene on Earth until Barry was coming back through for realsies

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Your first spoiler

but they won't

Barry's speed force purgatory could not be held up by the snore of a B plot that was Zombie Girder

By the time Joe and Iris were leaving their house, I just skipped every single scene on Earth until Barry was coming back through for realsies
    Yeah Zombie Girder was super super dumb and boring

The only good part was when Cisco was incredulous about their being a zombie

CYpGAPn.png
    edited May 2016
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Your first spoiler

but they won't

Yeah Zombie Girder was super super dumb and boring

The only good part was when Cisco was incredulous about their being a zombie
    That and the hilarious iZombie reference since the actor that plays Girder also played Drake on iZombie

Wait does this mean we can talk about iZombie in here, technically?

Edit: No idea how that happen, my bad.

Devlin_Dragonus on

Iris was great this episode

the Big Belly customers were very bad actors

the vague speed force stuff was boring

but Grant Gustin is really good and made me feel things despite that

Veldrin wrote: »

We know where he went.

Dude

This is so incredibly pedantic holy crap

Sorry, but I don't see why setting the bar at "Barry acknowledges where he's gone" before declaring Supergirl as Arrowverse canon is being unreasonable.

I mean

if you want to set the bar at "He vanished for two seconds" then by all means.

I just don't agree with you.

As it is, it's only because of the crossover that we even know he left our Earth.

He left while wearing the device he was wearing in Supergirl and was freaking out about how long he was gone and the creators of the show have said it is most definitely canon

It is super pedantic

CYpGAPn.png
    He left while wearing the device he was wearing in Supergirl and was freaking out about how long he was gone and the creators of the show have said it is most definitely canon

It is super pedantic

I like that you put the one fact that actually makes it canon at the end of the list.

But yeah if they say it is, then sure.