As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Make PO +3/+3 or I riot

• MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Druid, sad state?
    After it has recieved Living Roots, Raven Idol, Dark arakkoa (so good that you play it outside C'thun decks), Fandral Staghelm and Mark of Y'shaarj in the last two updates?

Druid just doesn't have the FoN+Savage Roar combo, and we always knew that combo was OP.

I think maybe you don't play much druid. Druid has lost FoN + Savage Roar, deathrattles (which were a big reason Savage Roar was such a problem), +2 cost on its only removal in BGH, Keeper of the Grove (the flexibility is not at all worth the stat hit), Ancient of Lore (losing 1 card draw is huge).

It has poor removal, poor reach, poor board clear, and smaller bodies than shaman.

I mean it's tricky

It's definitely true that midrange druid got skewered (for good reason) but there are multiple archetypes that feel strong to play despite that, and some of the new tools are straight disgusting

The whole "you must not play this class much" argument is a little tired imo so maybe that just rubbed me the wrong way? Idk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    I just had the most glorious Old Gods experience. Priest vs Priest into fatigue with full hp (of course). I play Noz and get 4 shades on board. He plays Yogg and: entombs my Noz, which makes it the only card in his deck, and clears shades with excavate... putting 4 Noz in my hand. He gave up after I played the 2nd one, meaning one game saw four gods played.

DLzyvhb.jpg

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I really like N'Zoth Paladin and think it fairs well against Zoo, Miracle, and Shaman. Unfortunately it gets completely wrecked by Priest, which is what the last 3 out of 5 opponents have been!

*RAGE!*

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Aggro Shaman was certainly a strong deck last patch, but it was also the only deck the class had. It's a problem when your opponent knows 28/30 of your cards at the mulligan screen because you only do one thing and basically only have one list.

You could say that about any top tier deck. How many Paladins did you see that weren't secret? Or Druids that weren't midrange? 1 out of every 10? Less than that? That'd be my guess.

Just because you know what's coming doesn't always mean you can stop it. Those decks built momentum like boulders and if they took the early game you'd just get run over no matter what

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I really like N'Zoth Paladin and think it fairs well against Zoo, Miracle, and Shaman. Unfortunately it gets completely wrecked by Priest, which is what the last 3 out of 5 opponents have been!

*RAGE!*

Well Played

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    God, I thought I'd gotten the hang of Warlock just a bit, playing a Renounce Renolock. Got a warlock quest today and got wrecked down to 20 before I even got a single win.

Been having bad luck with my Antonidas mage, too. The decks out there are just too consistent and strong to have much of a chance without drawing into Antonidas/Reno/C'Thun as the case may be. The board flooding/ridiculous curve decks are starting to piss me off. Wonder if I should see how Dragon Priest is faring these days?

edit: Also, I think it's time to dust Varian Wrynn. Worthless. I've tried. I really have.

MadPen on
    3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    WOOPS WRONG THREAD

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    God, I thought I'd gotten the hang of Warlock just a bit, playing a Renounce Renolock. Got a warlock quest today and got wrecked down to 20 before I even got a single win.

Been having bad luck with my Antonidas mage, too. The decks out there are just too consistent and strong to have much of a chance without drawing into Antonidas/Reno/C'Thun as the case may be. The board flooding/ridiculous curve decks are starting to piss me off. Wonder if I should see how Dragon Priest is faring these days?

edit: Also, I think it's time to dust Varian Wrynn. Worthless. I've tried. I really have.

Sometimes you just run thru a spell where the game matches you with less than 50% good matchups and then shits the bed with your draws. I sympathize.

I do think if you are getting that frustrated to go ahead with a different deck and just start rotating. I do that quite often just becuase sometimes I'm tired of 5 straight loses. I straight up rarely pilot a deck for more than 6 matches before I jump to another deck. I know I'm gonna lose ranks but I'm fine with that cuz first I try to hit a rank consistently (for instance I'll use aggro shaman and freeze mage a lot). Like I'm getting better at hitting rank 16, so once I get there I'll play things that often times are bad matchups. Just keep at it and take like a break every 2nd loss or 1st win before jumping back in if you are playing a ton of HS. I admire streamers that do it for 6+ hours but I'd throw my monitor thru a damn wall due to my less than 45% win rate.

You'll get there Mad! We have faith in you!

As to Varian,
    I never could get varian to work often times as well. I mean, he can be a potential tempo swing but often times a top deck AoE slaughters my summoned mininos and mucks up stuff so that all that tempo is nothing more than bodies to run into minions to absorb hp. He's decent for card draw but 10 mana is just such a huge loss for anything that turn if you don't already have a board.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    I'm actually having a super hard time getting my shaman to 10. He gets wrecked consistently. I can't seem to ever get enough minions on the board to actually do dmg and make the totems useful. Time to go fish for more guides.

steam_sig.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Meh. I am either winning with aggro shaman or losing to aggro shaman when I play other decks. Now that I'm rank 5, probably not playing much more than dailies at this point until the meta is something more interesting.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    I'm actually having a super hard time getting my shaman to 10. He gets wrecked consistently. I can't seem to ever get enough minions on the board to actually do dmg and make the totems useful. Time to go fish for more guides.

shaman base deck sucks

shaman is only good with the cards they printed in subsequent expansions

liEt3nH.png
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I just had a warrior harrison jones my Doomhammer and draw six cards on turn 6.

I was still EASILY able to grind him out.

Yeah, this is fair.

Roz on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I wouldn't dust Varian, he's in every variation of that quite strong tempo Warrior that's making the rounds.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I wouldn't dust Varian, he's in every variation of that quite strong tempo Warrior that's making the rounds.

He isn't in Sjow's

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

Not EVERY variation. Some tech him out for Arch Thief Rafaam.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

He isn't in Sjow's

Sjow is great at warrior but I think you need to be Sjow to do well with his lists because they often look fucking bizarre on their face.

Roz wrote: »
    I just had a warrior harrison jones my Doomhammer and draw six cards on turn 6.

I was still EASILY able to grind him out.

Yeah, this is fair.

I've had that happen too and still won as well. Shaman is stupid strong, and I mean stupid. The deck is not particularly difficult to pilot and often wins out of nowhere with either bloodlust or burst dmg from spells depending on the build.

I felt bad using to rank 5, but gold cards are gold cards :)

Jakarrd wrote: »

Sometimes you just run thru a spell where the game matches you with less than 50% good matchups and then shits the bed with your draws. I sympathize.

I do think if you are getting that frustrated to go ahead with a different deck and just start rotating. I do that quite often just becuase sometimes I'm tired of 5 straight loses. I straight up rarely pilot a deck for more than 6 matches before I jump to another deck. I know I'm gonna lose ranks but I'm fine with that cuz first I try to hit a rank consistently (for instance I'll use aggro shaman and freeze mage a lot). Like I'm getting better at hitting rank 16, so once I get there I'll play things that often times are bad matchups. Just keep at it and take like a break every 2nd loss or 1st win before jumping back in if you are playing a ton of HS. I admire streamers that do it for 6+ hours but I'd throw my monitor thru a damn wall due to my less than 45% win rate.

You'll get there Mad! We have faith in you!

As to Varian,
    I never could get varian to work often times as well. I mean, he can be a potential tempo swing but often times a top deck AoE slaughters my summoned mininos and mucks up stuff so that all that tempo is nothing more than bodies to run into minions to absorb hp. He's decent for card draw but 10 mana is just such a huge loss for anything that turn if you don't already have a board.

Take a break after my 1st win? No way! Gotta keep the lucky streak going!

Yeah, I think I've given Varian about 30 games and two expansions, and he's oookay in wild (Nerubar Weblord + taunts combined with lack of battlecries)..He's won me maybe two of those games. And I just don't see him getting better with different minions.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Yilias wrote: »
    I like Xixo's list a lot better than Loyan's. It's slower and more totem based, much better against control.
    A45qyCE.jpg

playing this deck now, doing pretty well decently at rank 16 >.>
    relies on your early hand and maintaining a board. If your opponent can't clear your board 2 or 3 times, you're so golden

everyone is expecting flamewreath that never comes

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    pTDEmGw.jpg

Yo dawg I heard you like ResidentSleeper

highlights of this game:

Wild Pyro + Equality on his money N'zoth turn

Equality + Consecrate on his Reno + Brann + Argus turn

Stampeding Kodo hitting his Imp Gang Boss and Doomsayer

Oozing his Jaraxxus weapon

Eadric on his board of 6/6 infernals

PS not kidding when I say that Justicar won me the game

Beasteh on
    edited May 2016
    Lol, my lock n' load hunter just beat a tuned miracle rogue. That was funny. Maybe derping around with joke decks is the way to go, lol

Edit: Now a control warrior. Lol.

sanstodo on
  • KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    i always though overload was a problem, because even though you pay for it next turn, you have so many undercosted overload cards that you never actually have a dead turn. it's not like you aren't planning for things. 3 damage for 1 mana or 4 damage for 2 mana is enough to clear a lot of stuff. and with 0 mana 5/5, you can really get away with very little mana each turn.

for doomhammer, i think people just need to start adding harrison and at least one ooze.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Ketherial wrote: »
    i always though overload was a problem, because even though you pay for it next turn, you have so many undercosted overload cards that you never actually have a dead turn. it's not like you aren't planning for things. 3 damage for 1 mana or 4 damage for 2 mana is enough to clear a lot of stuff. and with 0 mana 5/5, you can really get away with very little mana each turn.

for doomhammer, i think people just need to start adding harrison and at least one ooze.

Harrison has rapidly replaced Sylvanas as my go to filler card. Like, when I have one or two slots left over after building a deck, Harrison is the man. The tempo swings he can cause are insane.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    I have seen a huge number of people who clearly netdecked Chakki's N'Zoth Paladin, and none of them know how to play it, and I have curbstomped them all with C'Thun Warrior.

This is actually the main reason I'm against completely netdecking something - you know the list works, but do you know why it has the cards it has? What the function of each is in each matchup? What your win condition in each matchup is and how you should save your removal?

You better be rock solid on the answers to those questions, which is where building your own list helps - if you put in a card, chances are you know why you added it.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    You better be rock solid on the answers to those questions, which is where building your own list helps - if you put in a card, chances are you know why you added it.

you are vastly overestimating the abilities of most players here

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ScisScis Registered User regular
    Deckbuilding is as much of a skill as playing is. Most people are probably better off netdecking tbh

I have seen a huge number of people who clearly netdecked Chakki's N'Zoth Paladin, and none of them know how to play it, and I have curbstomped them all with C'Thun Warrior.

This is actually the main reason I'm against completely netdecking something - you know the list works, but do you know why it has the cards it has? What the function of each is in each matchup? What your win condition in each matchup is and how you should save your removal?

Cant get better unless you play it!

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Dog is coaching Sjow at Miracle rogue, he's top 50 legend on stream right now

These poor poor druids. They're practically free wins. They try to keep up, they even use innervate, and it doesn't matter. My spells and minions are just better than theirs. They get buried under raw card economy.

Beasteh wrote: »

"How do you always know which cards you have left?"

"I just watch chat and hope they don't lie to me."

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular

I'm going to make this deck and name it Fuck You Blizzard.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited May 2016
    I dont have leeroy for this so I either have to use worgen or argent. But otherwise, its a good deck to play. I just can't always plan out what my opponent may do other than some obvious ones (flamestrike t7+, tunnel trog / totem golem T1,T2) so I don't always make the most optimum play order.

Lots of people were running mostly this deck and dreamhack and if you weren't punished with no auctioneer for 12+ turns you had some really good wins vs loss ratios through out the tournament.

Edit: In case you were wondering about some of the decks run at DH2016 .. http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/dreamhack-austin-hearthstone-grand-prix-deck-lists-may-2016/

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Cantido wrote: »

That deck looks super hard to play. The version I'm running is a little more draw dependent, but jesus. Two shivs just seems like lunacy to me.

I'm thinking Leroy or Grommash is my next craft. If I dusted Varian, I could do it now. Hmmm.

And the shaman mirror matches are "who has the nuts?" Because one of you will and the other will be annihilated. Like, I blew out a shaman because of flame juggler luck and he never could recover. Then I got blown out the next game because I never drew lightning storm. So skill? Hooray flipping coins?

That deck looks super hard to play. The version I'm running is a little more draw dependent, but jesus. Two shivs just seems like lunacy to me.

I'm thinking Leroy or Grommash is my next craft. If I dusted Varian, I could do it now. Hmmm.

if you want overall usage, Leeroy is pretty good over grommash since grom is warrior decks.

76561197990097905.png
    edited May 2016
    Scis wrote: »
    Deckbuilding is as much of a skill as playing is. Most people are probably better off netdecking tbh

You'll never learn how to build a deck if you don't just go for it, and you'll never be as good as people that can build a good deck themselves if you only ever netdeck.

Netdecking basically means you might rank up, but you probably won't improve much at the game.

I think it's fine for new players, but it just results in a lot of players who take a deck and then play a matchup HILARIOUSLY poorly. Like the Chakki Control Warrior I just faced who use a 6 attack Gorehowl on an Acolyte of Pain (that I played specifically to see if he would do that) and then played Harrison when I had no weapon equipped.

A netdeck that you don't understand is basically as useful as a deck you made by randomly throwing cards together, so if you're going to netdeck you should watch a lot of videos of people playing and explaining the deck. If you want to learn by playing, try making your own deck, or at least making a few mods to a netdeck so you start to get a feel for how deckbuilding works.

edit: Like, I'm not morally opposed to netdecking or anything, it doesn't upset me. I just don't think it's a useful way to improve at the game, and once you get to higher ranks your reduced understanding of the decks and matchups will be punished and you'll cap out at a lower ceiling than someone who practiced deckbuilding and what cards are important when and why.

3cl1ps3 on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Welp, I crafted Lightlord and slapped together a N'Zoth Pally deck.

THAT'S A GOOD DECK, DUDE.

It has literally everything N'Zoth Rogue doesn't. Board clear? Oh yes. Card draw? Yuuuup. Healing? F O R E V E R.

N'Zoth Rogue has some fun cards (Huckster, Shadowcaster), but man, it's just not... good...

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Jakarrd wrote: »

if you want overall usage, Leeroy is pretty good over grommash since grom is warrior decks.

Thing is I don't really *need* Leeroy for any decks, but half the warrior decks I'd like to play...Gromm is a staple, although I could probably sub Leeroy in a few of them? Any warrior players think Leeroy can sub for Gromm? And then again, I'd hate to not laugh every time I get killed by Leeroy because I've grown dead to him by playing him.

So many conflicting thoughts. I think I need a Hearthstone shrink.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »
    How critical is Malkorok to the Tempo Warrior build?

I subbed in Obsidian Destroyer. He's been ok, a big threat that has to be dealt with. I've considered switching for Sylvanas, Gorehowl or a Spellbreaker though

I think one list I saw said in the notes that new hogger is a good replacement

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.